US Presidential election odds

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: US Presidential election odds

Post by Whistler » December 6, 2020, 10:08 am

With most states certifiying results, Biden has now exceeded the required 270 collegiate votes. The last few in the next 48 hours.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Zico
udonmap.com

Post by Zico » December 9, 2020, 1:29 am

Trump is coming close to sabotaging the Senate for the Republican party.

Do you still go out and vote in a rigged election?

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » December 9, 2020, 8:11 am

Might be a little early (get the information out there, giving time for information to be absorbed/accepted), but don't see any Democrats in the House / Senate or even the news media (publicly heading off the possible game playing with the January 6, The House and Senate hold a joint session to count the electoral votes.).

1. ID / Out the possible game players.
2. Clearly cover the process, and how at this point challenges/delays would be foolish and just a political stunt to appease Trump and his supporters. Clarify that such a stunt may seriously backfire on those game players.
3. Clear listing of junior / non-key congressional players that continue to remain on the fence/quiet on Biden's election win or the 2020 elections integrity (election not finalized, but minus all the game playing and no evidence claims/cases..... it's official by normal standards). Yes, you have congressional voting records.....but if I see what's going to happen over the post Trump Presidency a clear and concise record/video news bite on these elected officials might come in handy in the next election cycle. These guys/gals aren't the game players, they're just chicken enablers.

Also, haven't seen any news bit/video of anyone challenging / questioning Pence on the December 23 receiving electors' ballots from all states. Clear plan (yes, expect it'll be via a traditional delivery means.......but "traditional" doesn't seem to apply to the US govt lately) for delivery. Image Pence holding on to these ballots until 6 Jan, any possibility of gamesmanship with the ballots (both legal and illegal).

Note: Just covering the basis, as stated above "normal, traditional and legal" doesn't seem to apply with Trump and his supporters.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 9, 2020, 9:31 am

The provision of the Safe Harbour legislation that comes into force today, will block any more frivilous writs. Not they they are likely to be needed as none of the 50 odd cases already heard have dented the state certification process one centimetre, including the unanimous Supreme Court's decision last night. If Trump cannot win a case where he has a 6 to 3 conservative bias, he has nobody else to appeal to apart from God himself.

The nonesence legal challenges are dead in the water today as any objection is moot.

The Jan 6 process is unambiguous and procedural, held in a joint sitting where there will be a majority of Democrats.

Its over today.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » December 9, 2020, 12:18 pm

When Biden becomes president, it's over.
That has not happened yet.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 9, 2020, 1:16 pm

mickojak wrote:
December 9, 2020, 12:18 pm
When all certified results are in and official is is all over. Apart from Hawaii which happens today, and that is only 3 votes. It is over.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 9, 2020, 1:53 pm

Whistler wrote:
December 9, 2020, 9:31 am
The provision of the Safe Harbour legislation that comes into force today, will block any more frivilous writs. Not they they are likely to be needed as none of the 50 odd cases already heard have dented the state certification process one centimetre, including the unanimous Supreme Court's decision last night. If Trump cannot win a case where he has a 6 to 3 conservative bias, he has nobody else to appeal to apart from God himself.

The nonesence legal challenges are dead in the water today as any objection is moot.

The Jan 6 process is unambiguous and procedural, held in a joint sitting where there will be a majority of Democrats.

Its over today.
Be worried Whistler, be VERY WORRIED, rumours abound that Trump has been advised to consult footballs VAR (the only people to have made more wrong decisions than Trump in the last 4 years), and their idea of a "clear and obvious error" pretty much matches Trumps delusions

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » December 9, 2020, 2:32 pm

mickojak wrote:
December 9, 2020, 12:18 pm
If Biden dies today, he still won. It's over. Trump was fired. He lost. He's a loser.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » December 9, 2020, 2:55 pm

Whistler wrote:
December 9, 2020, 1:16 pm
When all certified results are in and official is is all over. Apart from Hawaii which happens today, and that is only 3 votes. It is over.
So, why don’t you re-post your original statement of the bet, (without modifications or additions),
So, that we can all understand what the bet was actually for, and who should pay for what, and when.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 9, 2020, 4:00 pm

mickojak wrote:
December 9, 2020, 2:55 pm
Whistler wrote:
So, why don’t you re-post your original statement of the bet, (without modifications or additions),
So, that we can all understand what the bet was actually for, and who should pay for what, and when.
Oh dear Mick, you know exactly what the bet was, Trump V's Biden. Biden has won more than the required 270 certified collegiate votes. Thats official.

All the frivolous law suits in the world has not changed that one bit. Every suit trying to overturn the results has failed.

Safe Harbour period will be over by midnight tonight, presumably that will be Washington time, so 12:00 noon Thai time all results will have been lodged and protected by that Safe Harbour legislation.

Betfair, amongst the very last agencies to hold out have indicated that they will likely do so soon. Almost all other reputable agencies have already done so.

https://betting.betfair.com/politics/us ... 0-204.html

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 9, 2020, 4:22 pm

cjd01 wrote:
May 7, 2020, 4:39 pm
Whistler wrote:
May 7, 2020, 4:27 pm
OK cj,

Let's assume the world is back to normal by Nov 3.

Dinner and drinks to be paid for by the loser, you choose, maybe Brick house, Italian place opposite or happy to have you choose any equivalent. I draw the line on Macca's or KFC.

If you win you can bring a MAGA cap that I shall wear throughout the evening. If you lose, I will make you up a lovely

[img]https://www.shutterstock.com/image ... 3199[/img]
Ok, beggars can't be choosers, but in Aus I like KFC chips
on a completely different topic
can you give me your opinion why the MSN is completely ignoring the revelations regarding the seemingly framing of Michael Flynn
If the "revelations" are true it's a huge story but not a peep.
I know your anti Dan Bogino but I encourage you to watch today's show
got ya dunces cap cjd?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 9, 2020, 6:13 pm

Whistler wrote:

Its over today.
Unless there's been an overnight change, we have no indication of how SCOTUS actually voted or information on any dissenting opinion. Nothing unanimous.

Regardless, in any other court it would have been thrown out as frivolous or without merit. Maybe this is the first frivolous, meritless case SCOTUS has had to deal with? Normally they don't get that far but I guess when your the soon to be ex- POTUS, you can squander some of that 170 million the suckers have thrown at you.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 9, 2020, 6:15 pm

tamada wrote:
December 9, 2020, 6:13 pm
Whistler wrote:

Its over today.
Unless there's been an overnight change, we have no indication of how SCOTUS actually voted or information on any dissenting opinion. Nothing unanimous.

Regardless, in any other court it would have been thrown out as frivolous or without merit. Maybe this is the first frivolous, meritless case SCOTUS has had to deal with? Normally they don't get that far but I guess when your the soon to be ex- POTUS, you can squander some of that 170 million the suckers have thrown at you.
there were no dissenting opinions, it was a 0 -9 decision

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » December 9, 2020, 7:14 pm

mickojak wrote:
Whistler wrote:
Look at page 7 of this thread.
As far as I can tell Whistler has won his bet.
Just need to see the Photos of cdj wearing his hat with a smile to be posted on here.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » December 9, 2020, 7:26 pm

I asked Whistler to reply.
Not the peanut gallery.

Waiting

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 9, 2020, 7:34 pm

pal52 wrote:
December 9, 2020, 7:14 pm
mickojak wrote:
Whistler wrote:
Look at page 7 of this thread.
As far as I can tell Whistler has won his bet.
Just need to see the Photos of cdj wearing his hat with a smile to be posted on here.
Thank you pal.

To date, I had 4 bets on the outcome. One quoted Joshua Philips from The Epoch Times as a 'highly respected jounalist' who supporting the ridiculous assertations of Q-anon conspiracy quack, Sidney Powell, as an excuse to welch on his bet. Others on here are simply stringing it out as is typical of poor losers.

The common thread, all have zero respect for the results and will cling onto anything, no matter how illogical or ridiculous, just because they can. What a stack of total losers, not a single shred of decency.

Biden has won, no amount of unfounded 'we was robbed' squealing will ever change that result, not today, not tomorrow and not at any other time.

So if these clowns are so certain, lets anti up, put your money where your mouth is and settle on inauguration day. I will enhance your your odds to 10 to 1. A five fold increase.

put up or shut up

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 9, 2020, 7:37 pm

mickojak wrote:
December 9, 2020, 7:26 pm
I asked Whistler to reply.
Not the peanut gallery.

Waiting
great, double up. I will offer 10 to 1 settlement on inauguration day.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 9, 2020, 7:44 pm

Whistler wrote:
December 9, 2020, 6:15 pm
tamada wrote:
Whistler wrote:

Its over today.

In the interests of our continued, warm relationship here on UM, a citation would be appreciated.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 9, 2020, 7:52 pm

tamada wrote:
December 9, 2020, 7:44 pm
Whistler wrote:
December 9, 2020, 6:15 pm
tamada wrote:
Whistler wrote:

Its over today.

In the interests of our continued, warm relationship here on UM, a citation would be appreciated.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/08/us/s ... -vote.html

paragraph 2

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » December 10, 2020, 8:46 am

Ho Hum.

Still waiting to see what the original bet was?

Return to “U.S. Politics”