Merry Christmas.

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Niggly
udonmap.com

Re: Cjhristmas 2020

Post by Niggly » December 14, 2020, 8:08 pm

Christmas tunes were playing in BK in UD Town mid November.
We very rarely frequent the place & this was another reason to not go in again

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Christmas 2020 Har Bumfag

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 15, 2020, 6:49 am

i smile at the places that leave up the Christmas /New Year decorations all year round obviously to catch the Chinese NY and then SK hols in April after which cant be arsed to take em down .... we have a good customer in Ubon who has had a fully decorated Christmas tree in his restaurant the whole year.

Christmas is a load of bourbels or is that baubles .. as London goes into to Tier 3 and lockdown nothing can stop the shopping frenzy which lead to such... surely Christmas 2020 should have been postponed similar to how the Thai government did with SK this year .. very sensible.

DM Har Bumfag 15
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » December 15, 2020, 8:16 am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » December 16, 2020, 7:47 pm

I've always rated Christmas a lot higher than New Year .....maybe some Brits can relate to this....
Wake up Xmas morning, open presents then Full English Breakfast (bacon, eggs, sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms, tomatoes, fried potatoes etc)
Then friends and relatives start coming round and it's down the pub for a swift 'arf.
Back home time for the Turkey Christmas dinner with Xmas pud in a brandy sauce after, washed down with beer or champagne or wine.
2pm..its Top of the Pops Xmas special, then the Queens speech... Later there's a dreadful Xmas panto on TV starring people like Larry Grayson, Keith Chegwin, Anthea Turner and Rolf Harris so whilst that's on its time for the Sherry Trifle and Christmas Cake.
Evening TV, settle down with beer and choccies to watch the likes of All Creatures Great and Small,The Two Ronnie's, Only Fools and Horses, Morecambe and Wise and then the film which would be either The Great Escape or The Alamo.

Boxing Day... wake up with a bit of a sore head but it's football today so down the pub for a few scoops before taking in a match.
There used to be some cracking local games.... Liverpool v Manchester City, Manchester United v Everton,Spuds v Chelsea, Newcastle v Sunderland, Leeds v Sheffield Wednesday, Scunthorpe v Grimsby, Macclesfield v Altrincham etc ....quite often return fixtures were on New Years Day.

That's what Christmas was all about for me in the UK.... oh and Christmas Eve out with friends for a few beers and nosh after finishing work at lunchtime.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 16, 2020, 8:05 pm

Zidane wrote:
December 16, 2020, 7:47 pm
I've always rated Christmas a lot higher than New Year .....maybe some Brits can relate to this....
Wake up Xmas morning, open presents then Full English Breakfast (bacon, eggs, sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms, tomatoes, fried potatoes etc)
Then friends and relatives start coming round and it's down the pub for a swift 'arf.
Back home time for the Turkey Christmas dinner with Xmas pud in a brandy sauce after, washed down with beer or champagne or wine.
2pm..its Top of the Pops Xmas special, then the Queens speech... Later there's a dreadful Xmas panto on TV starring people like Larry Grayson, Keith Chegwin, Anthea Turner and Rolf Harris so whilst that's on its time for the Sherry Trifle and Christmas Cake.
Evening TV, settle down with beer and choccies to watch the likes of All Creatures Great and Small,The Two Ronnie's, Only Fools and Horses, Morecambe and Wise and then the film which would be either The Great Escape or The Alamo.

Boxing Day... wake up with a bit of a sore head but it's football today so down the pub for a few scoops before taking in a match.
There used to be some cracking local games.... Liverpool v Manchester City, Manchester United v Everton,Spuds v Chelsea, Newcastle v Sunderland, Leeds v Sheffield Wednesday, Scunthorpe v Grimsby, Macclesfield v Altrincham etc ....quite often return fixtures were on New Years Day.

That's what Christmas was all about for me in the UK.... oh and Christmas Eve out with friends for a few beers and nosh after finishing work at lunchtime.
You missed out the Boxing Day bubble and squeak, cold meats and pickles...

My Thai family all come round Christmas Eve so we can have fish n chips too, they love Christmas.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 16, 2020, 8:16 pm

He also forgot watching Scrooge, a Cjhristmas classic, starring Alastair Sim ( a very good Scottish actor).
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 16, 2020, 8:57 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
December 16, 2020, 8:16 pm
He also forgot watching Scrooge, a Cjhristmas classic, starring Alastair Sim ( a very good Scottish actor).
An absolute Cjhristmas must, my wife Fa loves Scrooge but she looks a bit deeper into the message it gives than perhaps we would.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 16, 2020, 9:22 pm

Far too much festivities in Big C Nong Khai this afternoon. Carols on the piped muzak & staff with Xmas hats on laughing & joking. Good grief, I couldn’t get round fast enough 🤨

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 16, 2020, 10:23 pm

Bear with, it gets going after a bit 🎶

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 17, 2020, 1:32 am

Zidane wrote:

A very traditional BRIT Christmas description there Zid and much the same for most who are now in their latter years .. nowadays i dont think the youth of today see or "do" Chritmas the same as us oldies did .. even more so this year with pandemic rules n regs it will be a very strange affair .
Only thing insee you may have missed is the works piss up , the office party and the post festive period shame and leg pulling due to it ..

Niggly .. Christmas music in shops etc makes my piss boil and i simply wont go in a mall where its being played .. even more so in Thailand where Christmas is just another day for 99.9999 % of the population ..including me

Dm .. # bah bumhag 15

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » December 17, 2020, 7:47 am

Zidane wrote:

It was different for us Jocks, always remember being up early for the Xmas stocking emptying but then Dad went to work as normal. Xmas dinner was quite a subdued affair with a (expensive in those days) chicken dinner when Dad came back from work in the evening. No public holidays at Xmas in Scotland we had to wait for the pagan New Year for our holiday.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 17, 2020, 8:59 am

I used to enjoy working on my sofa arse groove over Xmas but if this is the best on offer I’ll be glad to watch some Thai Soaps

PS
DM, It’s still not too late to correct the thread title 🙄

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 17, 2020, 10:04 am

AlexO wrote:
December 17, 2020, 7:47 am
Zidane wrote:

It was different for us Jocks, always remember being up early for the Xmas stocking emptying but then Dad went to work as normal. Xmas dinner was quite a subdued affair with a (expensive in those days) chicken dinner when Dad came back from work in the evening. No public holidays at Xmas in Scotland we had to wait for the pagan New Year for our holiday.
Yes thanks for remi9nding me, when I was at school in London, I wondered wny my scottish classmates were not over enthusiastic but really happy over the New Year. Before anyone asks, I was told they did not celebrate Christmas, which as a young boy I felt that was sad.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » December 17, 2020, 11:16 am

That TV schedule is dreadful, particularly Christmas Day.
And on Christmas Eve,Gavin & Stacey is a repeat from last year.
Boxing Day... Villa v Palace as the live match... Leicester v Man U or Arsenal v Chelsea surely a better choice ??
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 17, 2020, 12:24 pm

Obviously conversations are not a strong point in many households then. Just sit and watch rubbish .

AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: Christmas 2020

Post by AlexO » December 17, 2020, 12:26 pm

Zidane wrote:
December 17, 2020, 11:16 am
That TV schedule is dreadful, particularly Christmas Day.
And on Christmas Eve,Gavin & Stacey is a repeat from last year.
Boxing Day... Villa v Palace as the live match... Leicester v Man U or Arsenal v Chelsea surely a better choice ??
Its been manure for years now, just repeats and things like the Great Bake Off Xmas Special. You would think they would have tried a wee bit harder this year given all the Covid restrictions and people being stuck at home.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 17, 2020, 6:52 pm

Looking at what the Great British public have on the telly over Xmas leads me to.one comment ..

WHAT A LOAD OV BAUBLES .. if thats the best on offer gord help.em ..total.crap .

Dm. Gar Mugbum 17

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 18, 2020, 5:19 am

Looks like lots of places in the UK are getting tier 3 for xmas ...but not my native Scunthorpe ..even covid dont wanna go there .

Remember parents ..still time tontell the kids christmas is cancelled cos of the plague inturn saving a fortune .

Dm Bah Hugbum 18

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 18, 2020, 11:53 pm

Still not sure if my little 'un believes that Lapland is not in a "bubble" with Thailand and that Santa will have to quarantine in a hotel in Bangkok for 14 days so he cant make it this year

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 19, 2020, 12:05 am

Lets not forget Santa is on the at risk list ,,, old , preexisting health issues , drinks too much , lack of exercise ,, poor diet .. so

EASY FIX .. Santa is dead ..the Kung Flu got him .. Xmas cancelled this year with interviews for a replacement being advertised , its a once in a lifetime opportunity to have Christmas free year .. marvelous !!

DM .. Rah Gumgab 19

Return to “Open Forum”