Which planet ...........

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Which planet ...........

Post by stattointhailand » February 24, 2021, 6:04 pm

Which planet do the people at Tripadvisor live on?

I have just received an e mail telling me that they have just announced the "Travellers choice best world beaches of 2021" and that I should "EXPLORE THESE BEACHES MYSELF"

Do you think it may be a bit late to tell them that due to the pandemic, most of the people cant travel and most of the countries borders are closed anyway

samster
udonmap.com

Re: Which planet ...........

Post by samster » February 24, 2021, 6:43 pm

I got that one. Number 1 is Whitehaven beach which surprised me a little as Whitehaven is a crap-hole in the arse end of nowhere in close proximity to Sellafield nuclear plant :D

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 24, 2021, 7:08 pm

Perhaps they were referring to this Whitehaven:

https://www.queensland.com/au/en/things ... aven-beach

Sorry to read about your disorientation, statts ..... wish you a full recovery. :D

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » February 24, 2021, 7:16 pm

Surely not! Any discerning beachgoer would prefer polluted sea, discarded bottles of Stella and the stench of sewage to anything from Oz

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 24, 2021, 7:24 pm

I hear one of our mappites can be found selling his "I love Bojo" T shirts on the prom on Sundays :lol:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 25, 2021, 7:31 pm

samster wrote:
February 24, 2021, 6:43 pm
I got that one. Number 1 is Whitehaven beach which surprised me a little as Whitehaven is a crap-hole in the arse end of nowhere in close proximity to Sellafield nuclear plant :D
Is that the same Whitehaven that the Scots-born US Navy Commander burned to the ground before heading north to his home to steal a teapot?

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-his ... en-england

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 25, 2021, 7:52 pm

Is that the one from the 5 greatest moments in Scottish history? :lol:

1 Robbie Burns doing something and writing some unfathomable cr*p about it
2 Robbie Burns doing something else, and writting more drivel
3 JP Jones raid on Whitehaven
4 Scottish fooball team getting 0 - 0 draw with Brazil
5 Rab C Nesbitt

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 25, 2021, 8:24 pm

tamada wrote:
February 25, 2021, 7:31 pm
Is that the same Whitehaven that the Scots-born US Navy Commander burned to the ground before heading north to his home to steal a teapot?
The 1st in a long line of Scottish tea-leafs?

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » February 26, 2021, 6:58 am

jackspratt wrote:
February 25, 2021, 8:24 pm
tamada wrote:
But only the stupid ones were caught and deported to Australia. Thus helping to dilute the massively Irish criminal gene pool so predominate in the Australian character.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 26, 2021, 9:02 am

AlexO wrote:
February 26, 2021, 6:58 am

But only the stupid ones were caught and deported to Australia. Thus helping to dilute the massively Irish criminal gene pool so predominate in the Australian character.
As history and subsequent events have proven, it's pretty clear who got the best of that deal. ;)

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » February 26, 2021, 4:44 pm

jackspratt wrote:
February 26, 2021, 9:02 am
AlexO wrote:

As history and subsequent events have proven, it's pretty clear who got the best of that deal. ;)
Yes
The Scots who were never deported.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 26, 2021, 7:25 pm

AlexO wrote:
February 26, 2021, 4:44 pm
jackspratt wrote:
AlexO wrote:

Yes
I guess you're not referring to this toe-rag - or "hood' as he is affectionately described. :D
Scots drug kingpin on flight home as he’s deported from Australia on ‘character grounds’
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5 ... -scotland/

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 26, 2021, 7:42 pm

AlexO wrote:
jackspratt wrote:
tamada wrote:
What massively high Irish criminal element? Neither the Irish nor the Scots represent a high proportion of Australian criminals, nor their gene pool. You wouldn't be a fan of the Black 'n Tans would you?

My experience of growing up in a Scottish household in Australia in the '50s and 60s, was the bald face bigotry against the Catholics, the Irish in particular, by my Protestant Wee Free family. In fairness, the Irish Catholics were equally bigoted. Thank goodness those dark days are long gone in Australia.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » February 27, 2021, 3:57 am

jackspratt wrote:
February 26, 2021, 7:25 pm
AlexO wrote:
February 26, 2021, 4:44 pm
jackspratt wrote:
AlexO wrote:

Yes
I guess you're not referring to this toe-rag - or "hood' as he is affectionately described. :D
Scots drug kingpin on flight home as he’s deported from Australia on ‘character grounds’
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5 ... -scotland/
An article from more than a year ago about a 70 year old (who had been in the land of jumping rats since he was 23) being removed from Australia because of a character defect???? Pretty quick on the uptake you Aussie lads Eh????

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » February 27, 2021, 4:49 am

Whistler wrote:
February 26, 2021, 7:42 pm
AlexO wrote:
jackspratt wrote:
tamada wrote:
What massively high Irish criminal element? Neither the Irish nor the Scots represent a high proportion of Australian criminals, nor their gene pool. You wouldn't be a fan of the Black 'n Tans would you?

My experience of growing up in a Scottish household in Australia in the '50s and 60s, was the bald face bigotry against the Catholics, the Irish in particular, by my Protestant Wee Free family. In fairness, the Irish Catholics were equally bigoted. Thank goodness those dark days are long gone in Australia.
Totally agree Whistler, you have highlighted the real problem in the World. Religion!!. Bet those "Dark Days" are not "long gone"

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 27, 2021, 6:18 am

AlexO wrote:
February 27, 2021, 3:57 am

An article from more than a year ago about a 70 year old (who had been in the land of jumping rats since he was 23) being removed from Australia because of a character defect???? Pretty quick on the uptake you Aussie lads Eh????
Funnily enough, we Aussie lads are quick enough to know the difference between deportation and transportation. 8)

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » February 27, 2021, 7:48 am

jackspratt wrote:
February 27, 2021, 6:18 am
AlexO wrote:
February 27, 2021, 3:57 am

Funnily enough, we Aussie lads are quick enough to know the difference between deportation and transportation. 8)
Okay big boy explain. We transported crims from the UK to the land of the little bears hundreds of years ago, why is it different that your system suddenly after 40 odd years residence in the land of the jumping rats decides to deport/transport an old man of 70 years old to where?? Proud you must be

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » February 27, 2021, 12:49 pm

Yes the scots, poms and Irish certainly bought their bigotry to Australia. As an example just got to look at religion with the Celtic or Rangers following.
Lots of religious excitement within the political parties to with spills and expulsions going on.
Labor party who sided with the communist thinkers, caused a split with the Labor party Catholics went off to eventually form the DLP to try and squash the commies and divide the unions. DLP was Democratic labor party. Referred to by my ALP stalwart father as the dirty labor party. That all eventually died a death, but most probably simmering away in some persons mind.
My mother in law was a true Pom serving in the WRENS and hated the ALP because they were catholic orientated. Always voted Liberal Party.
But, as non recent immigrants, the long term Aussies didn’t really give to much thought to religion. Rather be down the beach or playing or watching sport.
Although there were lots of new arrival scots in WA, in the 80’s, infiltrating the construction union movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » February 27, 2021, 1:44 pm

You lost me when you failed to use capital letters when describing a Nation, then you make it worse by using Yangkee spelling. Then go on about religious preferences in politics. Should have concentrated on tying the marsupial down digger

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 27, 2021, 2:00 pm

^ I was working in Queensland in 1981 when the unions started visiting our remote, exploration campsites trying to get our labour, seasonal sheep shearers and the like to join up. The threats were quite overt such as make your dirty oil money while you can because if your non-union, you'll never set foot on a sheep station again. A few of the nasty buggers were English, having been run out of town on a rail when Thatcher broke Scargill and McGahey's union back.

Return to “Open Forum”