i.l.r office in uk

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
hxjohn
udonmap.com

i.l.r office in uk

Post by hxjohn » March 25, 2008, 5:52 am

does anybody have a link to help me find a gov office outside of london i can submit and apply for the i.l.r visa
ive read and been told there is but seems like it some kind of secret iam aware it will cost more :roll: but nevermind
for reference iam in yorkshire

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » March 25, 2008, 8:47 am

i.l.r ???? You have me there John. :shock:
The Hull consulate has a very detailed section on all types of visas available & documentation needed to successfully apply for one.

Thai Visas Hull

donthani
udonmap.com

Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by donthani » March 25, 2008, 9:37 am

If this is what you are looking for ILR = Indefinite Leave to Remain = permission to remain in the UK permanently. I think it can only be done in London :?

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by Prenders88 » March 25, 2008, 11:58 am

donthani wrote:If this is what you are looking for ILR = Indefinite Leave to Remain = permission to remain in the UK permanently. I think it can only be done in London :?
Yes you're right the ILR (Green Stamp) can only be issued by the Department of Immigration in Croydon, where one month before the (Spouse) settlement visa expires (Brown Stamp) issued from Bangkok, you queue all day with your documents, then get the coveted Green Stamp, which allows you to apply for a National Insurance number, and all going well and after a few years a British Passport.

hxjohn
udonmap.com

Post by hxjohn » March 25, 2008, 2:54 pm

dont think i was very clear there bob sorry yes it is a uk visa thanks for your posts i am aware of croydon and my choice.s apply there our via post which could take up to 14 weeks but the also say up to 14 weeks for further leave to remain which my friends wife as just got back in 2 weeks :shock:
anyways i was reading thaivisa and are posts from users who have got the ilr stamp in liverpool and birimgham hence my post last night well i.ll have to look into it a bit more but thanks to you all anyways i.ll find out when i have more time
just dont fancy a trip to big smoke but it could be my only option to get the passport back in time so we can come to udon for a month this comeing festive season :D

hxjohn
udonmap.com

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by hxjohn » March 25, 2008, 6:02 pm

Prenders88 wrote:
donthani wrote:If this is what you are looking for ILR = Indefinite Leave to Remain = permission to remain in the UK permanently. I think it can only be done in London :?
Yes you're right the ILR (Green Stamp) can only be issued by the Department of Immigration in Croydon, where one month before the (Spouse) settlement visa expires (Brown Stamp) issued from Bangkok, you queue all day with your documents, then get the coveted Green Stamp, which allows you to apply for a National Insurance number, and all going well and after a few years a British Passport.
after a long wait on the phone ringing 0870 606 7766 i was able to speak to croydon and confirm that you can get your further leave to remain and indefinate leave to remain visa the same day in liverpool birmingham and glasgow and offcourse croydon which is very good news
you must ring the above number and make a apointment in advance but this solves my problem looks like 2 trips to liverpool then #-o

PainterMan

Post by PainterMan » March 25, 2008, 7:20 pm

Also if you apply in person at one of the enquiry offices it will cost you GBP 950 as opposed to the GBP 750 you are charged for a postal application. Another Uk rip-off.

hxjohn
udonmap.com

Post by hxjohn » March 25, 2008, 7:32 pm

PainterMan wrote:Also if you apply in person at one of the enquiry offices it will cost you GBP 950 as opposed to the GBP 750 you are charged for a postal application. Another Uk rip-off.
yes very true but with 4 weeks from the visa ending and our trip to thai
and the max you can send it is 4 weeks before then they advise 14 weeks and i have only 8 so if there is a problem there goes are holiday so the 200 and travel costs are worth it to me
seems like they have me buy the balls #-o

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 25, 2008, 8:17 pm

hxjohn wrote:
PainterMan wrote:Also if you apply in person at one of the enquiry offices it will cost you GBP 950 as opposed to the GBP 750 you are charged for a postal application. Another Uk rip-off.
and the max you can send it is 4 weeks before then they advise 14 weeks and i have only 8 so if there is a problem there goes are holiday so the 200 and travel costs are worth it to me
Hxjohn, Hope you enjoy your visits to MY home City,I'll be back there on April 10....For a few weeks....

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 25, 2008, 8:20 pm

hxjohn wrote:
Hxjohn, Hope you enjoy your visits to MY home City,I'll be back there on April 10....For a few weeks....IF You require a renewal on YOUR Thai Visa,Go and see Sue Richardson at the Liverpool Consulate,Very good friend of mine,and in MOST cases done the SAME day,if you have your Marriage licence with you.....

hxjohn
udonmap.com

Post by hxjohn » March 25, 2008, 11:57 pm

747man wrote:
hxjohn wrote:
Hxjohn, Hope you enjoy your visits to MY home City,I'll be back there on April 10....For a few weeks....IF You require a renewal on YOUR Thai Visa,Go and see Sue Richardson at the Liverpool Consulate,Very good friend of mine,and in MOST cases done the SAME day,if you have your Marriage licence with you.....
thankyou very much for the info i.ll be sure to contact her if needs be
regards john

Return to “Open Forum”