faroh steak house

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Re: faroh steak house

Postby mathusalah80 » February 16, 2017, 10:14 am

[quote="Zidane"][quote="mathusalah80"][quote="nickboyuk"] wrote................... :mad:
post by fatbob who wrote........................ :D
:-s :-s :-s :roll: :roll: :roll:

Zidine wrote: Well, we have been to Faroh's a few times over the years...................... etc.
An honest appraisal......others opinions may well differ. :D

Thanks Zid.
Mat.

Postby nickboyuk » February 15, 2017, 4:05 pm
Are you saying that I am not neutral and genuine. This was an honest appraisal of the evening.

No such intention nickbiyuk, towards either you or fatbob. Apologies, if my post gave that impression.
Mat.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Postby fatbob » February 16, 2017, 11:08 am

Seen plenty of comments from stattointhailand, two simple questions with a straight forward yes or no answer, have you personaly eaten in Faroh? Have you eaten at Samphan Fish and Chips?

Zidane
udonmap.com

Postby Zidane » February 16, 2017, 12:21 pm

fatbob wrote:Must also recommend 'Beyond Cafe' near the lake serving up deserts and coffee, great layout and food, it's fantastic how Udon now has some great restaurants compared to for me twelve years ago where it was very limited. It's all good....

You are spot on there,bob.The desserts in there are the best I have tasted in Thailand and probably as good as any I have had in the UK.
Was in there on Tuesday and pigged out on two Strawberry Tiramisu's and the wife had the Mango Pavlova.They also do sandwiches (Tuna,Ham/Cheese) starting from 55 baht.
Coffee was good but strong.I was wide awake for 48 hours afterwards ! :D
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

samuel
udonmap.com

Postby samuel » February 16, 2017, 4:49 pm

this restaurant's official name is:

Faroh House
Steak House & Wine Secret

https://www.facebook.com/FarohHouse/?fref=ts

so let's focus on steaks and not an desserts.

i have tried their (so called) steaks 3 times during the last 5 years and was always disappointed by the quality of their steak-meat.
it may be ok for locals - but farangs do expect something else when ordering steaks in a restaurant named "steak house".
i gave it up already.
sorry to say.

PS: maybe they should think about a name change?

14642475_1094986773910451_9209512185337794235_n.jpg
14642475_1094986773910451_9209512185337794235_n.jpg (8.05 KiB) Viewed 415 times

harry68
udonmap.com

Postby harry68 » February 17, 2017, 7:23 am

stattointhailand wrote:Might just be you picked the wrong night nickboyuk ....... valentines night is probably not the best choice of night to get attentive service and a good meal :lol:

On the other hand we know from previous posts that fatbob has a liking for anything as long as its vaguely edible from toenail sized whoppas to farang chip shop burgers in a roll, so it probably wouldn't need to be very good to get full approval :-k

1 = 1 after ninety minutes extra time and penalties required (or a visit from zid ;) )

Not sure if I know you
But to say that the Burgers are vaguely edible is a bloody insult.
If they are not to your taste thats fine everyone has different taste.
Many people are out there trying to give it a go as most know its not an easy place to do business as an expat.
I take my hat off to all the expats business trying to give a little bit of home to expats in Udon
Cheers

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Postby stattointhailand » February 17, 2017, 8:10 am

In answer to fatbobs question ...... YES and YES

:oops: Harry, it was not meant in anyway to be an insult, and I apologize if it appeared to be anything other than just a humourous quip following on after the Burger king thread. Although I have never eaten a burger at Samphan F & C shop I have on many occasions had Sausages & Chips or Steves lunch boxes and they have always been very tasty.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Postby kopkei » February 17, 2017, 8:25 am

first of all as harry says , we all have different taste ,to me the food at faroh house isn't the best in town , but in the middle , once you have eaten there a few times you will exactly know what you are going to get ,all up to you what your expectations are ...the service there has always been ok , when busy taking longer is to me normal , they also even forgot my dish one time , had to ask again , i will not die from this ...and thai custom, all ordered dishes come random , so if i eat any starters i will order them first and order main dish when finished , this is not only a thai problem but also in the falang owned restaurants ,(only resto where we get all ordered dishes together was with casper) so to me the food is ok , service also , but also it is nice to sit there , no crappy interior installation as in many falang owned restaurants , and i also go there because with your meal you can drink a good belgian beer ...or wine for those whom do not mind paying triple prices ....strangely enough despite all these negative comments here faroh house is surely the best running restaurant in udon , when we visite always a lot of customers ,many other restaurant owners will surely envy this ...
bottom line love it or hate it and do not put your expectations too high (not only with food) , you are in the wrong country for this ...and will never be satisfied...enjoy your meal and drinks .. ;)

harry68
udonmap.com

Postby harry68 » February 17, 2017, 8:39 am

stattointhailand wrote:In answer to fatbobs question ...... YES and YES

:oops: Harry, it was not meant in anyway to be an insult, and I apologize if it appeared to be anything other than just a humourous quip following on after the Burger king thread. Although I have never eaten a burger at Samphan F & C shop I have on many occasions had Sausages & Chips or Steves lunch boxes and they have always been very tasty.

No problem
Im always up for a bit of banter
Cheers

fatbob
udonmap.com

Postby fatbob » February 17, 2017, 9:10 am

Summed up realistically Kopkei, if I go to a restaurant and I'm paying two or three hundred baht for a pork chop I don't expect a five star feed, if I want a five star feed for a thousand baht a plate then that's where I'll go, if I go to Faroh or similar I'm after an honest meal, without all the bells and whistles, due to the fact that I shop with the wife I know how much things now cost. It comes down to the ambiance of the place and the people I'm with, the dining experience.

Its very easy to pick the posters here who didn't have to run a business, who have no idea on staffing issues and on it go's. To those that complain all the time I hope you realise the disservice you are doing to other expats, has anyone noticed how Thai's seem to tolerate us less now and roll there eyes when foreigners appear knowing full well there is a good chance of confrontation. Some expats need to wake up and change there attitudes....

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Postby DuiDui49 » February 17, 2017, 9:34 am

..." staffing issues ..."

-There you nailed it BIG time..and the million Bath question is...How can we get good hardworking staff?You offer them training,extra money/salary free boarding and food if they preform good and maybe even showing some intrest in what they do.Mind you it's a SERVICE job..I've tryed everything togheter with my wife..result..well..enough said ,i leave it to my wife she has a moore tolerant approach then me.

Have a good day everyone. :D
Best regards
//DuiDui

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Postby stattointhailand » February 17, 2017, 10:20 am

Agree with Kopkei/fatbob that for want of better words you get what you pay for.

Was in Nightmarket a few weeks back and (cant remember why) we stopped and had a pork chop/steak and chips. Not one of the best culinary experiences of my life but ffs it was a piece of pork/french fries/salad and dressing for B59..... I've been charged more than that for a portion of french fries loads of times.

As for Thais seeming to tolerate us less now bob, I wonder if this is down to anything other than the fact that there are about 100 x the number of farang in town now than there were 10 - 15 years ago. Remember many times when a child would point at me and say "farang" to his/her mum, but not seen heard it for many years now as the kids see "farang" every 5 or 10 minutes. Can't remember the last time I visited Tesco/Big C or any other big store and DIDN'T see at least a couple of Westerners in there.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Postby fatbob » February 17, 2017, 10:45 am

Yeah there's more westerners here but a lot of them are cheap and rude and always revert back to the ways of where there from, NOT where they chose to be, that is the problem....

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Postby AussieBoy » February 17, 2017, 9:37 pm

Blast from the past, I found the steaks fine, as with the pretty girls who served there I went in early in the evening to chat them up got a date with all of them, hung around for 3 weeks or so then moved on, that was back in 2006, I use to carry game toys with me, that's what the girls were doing trying to solve the puzzle toys
Attachments
IMG_0198.JPG
IMG_0112.jpg
IMG_0101.jpg
Farhro Steak House.jpg
Master Builder

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Postby trekkertony » February 17, 2017, 11:52 pm

Hi all,
I dined at the Faroh house this evening with my wife on the reccomendation of a UM forumite and we are very appreciative of the reccomendation as we found the waiter service first class with the drinks waiter being very attentive. Yes, the starters arrived after the main, however we laughed it off and thoroughly enjoyed the meal which was complimented by the ambience of the outdoor dining area. To the staff, then l say thanks for a very enjoyable dining experience. Would l change anything, yes as previously suggested l would order the starters only, then follow up with a second order for the mains.

Return to “Where to eat in Udon Thani?”