Udon Immigration

General Udon Thani topics only!
User avatar
parrot
udonmap.com
Posts: 7528
Joined: March 19, 2006, 8:32 pm

Re: Udon Immigration

Postby parrot » January 11, 2017, 1:56 pm

I think 7 before/7 after, but I've gone in 2-3 weeks early with the excuse that I'll be out of town when it's due. No problem.



User avatar
Brian Davis
udonmap.com
Posts: 1660
Joined: January 26, 2008, 8:14 pm
Location: Phen (Udon Thani Province)

Re: Udon Immigration

Postby Brian Davis » January 11, 2017, 2:08 pm


newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 273
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: Udon Immigration

Postby newtovillagelife » January 11, 2017, 2:21 pm

I admit it would be cheaper to pay the 1900 baht, but Udon wanted 3000 and I refused and instead I had to make a border run, since then I stay away.

samster
udonmap.com
Posts: 149
Joined: June 3, 2014, 2:16 pm

Re: Udon Immigration

Postby samster » January 11, 2017, 4:34 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:I get a one year multi entry (based on marriage) from Savannakhet, Loas. No financial info required. Have to border run every 3 months but not a big deal.



Is this visa still available at Savannakhet? I used to get a similar visa every year from the UK but, they told me last month that it is no longer available. The options given were to get a tourist visa, get a 3 month O based on marriage and extend locally with the financial implications this incurs or get an OA.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 273
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: Udon Immigration

Postby newtovillagelife » January 11, 2017, 4:36 pm

It was a month ago. 5000 baht no proof of finances.

User avatar
BobHelm
udonmap.com
Posts: 17008
Joined: September 7, 2005, 11:58 pm
Location: Udon Thani
Contact:

Re: Udon Immigration

Postby BobHelm » January 11, 2017, 6:29 pm

samster wrote: I used to get a similar visa every year from the UK but, they told me last month that it is no longer available. The options given were to get a tourist visa, get a 3 month O based on marriage and extend locally with the financial implications this incurs or get an OA.


I would be interested to know who gave you that information samster..
If it was the Embassy in London then they were certainly incorrect. They have just updated their visa pages.
A non 'o' by reason of marriage is still a valid reason for the visa - with some supporting documents..
http://new.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/en/type ... a#section5
They still quote fees for the 1 year multiple entry... £125..
http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/en/visa-modern#section5

If it was one of the regional consulates then I would not be surprised.. their wings have been clipped by the Embassy severely over the last 4 years... :(

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 270
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Udon Immigration

Postby sometimewoodworker » January 11, 2017, 6:55 pm

parrot wrote:I think 7 before/7 after, but I've gone in 2-3 weeks early with the excuse that I'll be out of town when it's due. No problem.

15 before 7 after.

Go in earlier and the 90 will start from the reporting date.
Go in after 7 and pay a fine.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

samster
udonmap.com
Posts: 149
Joined: June 3, 2014, 2:16 pm

Re: Udon Immigration

Postby samster » January 11, 2017, 7:30 pm

BobHelm wrote:
samster wrote: I used to get a similar visa every year from the UK but, they told me last month that it is no longer available. The options given were to get a tourist visa, get a 3 month O based on marriage and extend locally with the financial implications this incurs or get an OA.


I would be interested to know who gave you that information samster..
If it was the Embassy in London then they were certainly incorrect. They have just updated their visa pages.
A non 'o' by reason of marriage is still a valid reason for the visa - with some supporting documents..
http://new.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/en/type ... a#section5
They still quote fees for the 1 year multiple entry... £125..
http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/en/visa-modern#section5

If it was one of the regional consulates then I would not be surprised.. their wings have been clipped by the Embassy severely over the last 4 years... :(



Yes indeed Bob, it was the Hull consulate. I had seen on their site that the 1 year multi entry was no longer available so rang to discuss. As always, they were very helpful and, maybe I phrased the question wrongly, but I did ask if I could get the visa from London and was told "no".

I will try speaking to the embassy in the next couple of weeks when I need to get it sorted and will report back

User avatar
BobHelm
udonmap.com
Posts: 17008
Joined: September 7, 2005, 11:58 pm
Location: Udon Thani
Contact:

Re: Udon Immigration

Postby BobHelm » January 11, 2017, 7:37 pm

Thanks samster..

If you apply, by post, from the Embassy in London then I am confident that you will get a 1 year multi-entry o based on marriage - sadly this bit does apply though.. :(
A copy of marriage certificate,a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 annually.)

samster
udonmap.com
Posts: 149
Joined: June 3, 2014, 2:16 pm

Re: Udon Immigration

Postby samster » January 11, 2017, 7:42 pm

BobHelm wrote:Thanks samster..

If you apply, by post, from the Embassy in London then I am confident that you will get a 1 year multi-entry o based on marriage - sadly this bit does apply though.. :(
A copy of marriage certificate,a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 annually.)


Similar requirements to previous visas issued at Hull. Looks like I can save on travel costs as well as I previously had to go to Hull (incredibly its the UK city of culture this year!!) in person.

samster
udonmap.com
Posts: 149
Joined: June 3, 2014, 2:16 pm

Re: Udon Immigration

Postby samster » January 11, 2017, 7:43 pm

Oh and thanks very much Bob!

User avatar
BobHelm
udonmap.com
Posts: 17008
Joined: September 7, 2005, 11:58 pm
Location: Udon Thani
Contact:

Re: Udon Immigration

Postby BobHelm » January 11, 2017, 8:08 pm

You are welcome & good luck..

One thing, I (going for a multiple entry non o based on retirement last June) sent London a self addressed (& paid :( ) recorded delivery Royal Post envelope.
My passport took about 14 days to get back to me as the Embassy sent it ordinary post as I should have added £xx (about £10, I think) to my Postal Order payment rather than doing that. They included a rather pointed standard letter pointing out my error.. :oops:
I took some comfort in the fact that I was obviously not the first to make this error... :D

User avatar
Nigglyb
udonmap.com
Posts: 222
Joined: February 13, 2014, 5:00 am

Re: Udon Immigration

Postby Nigglyb » January 11, 2017, 10:17 pm

I find the Embassy in London atrocious to deal with compared to the consulates in both Hull & Cardiff where the staff were always friendly & helpful
I don't think I have ever had a reply to an email question I've sent to the contact address, the phone NEVER gets answered & if you go in person the staff member always has a face like a spanked ar$e & looks at me like I've fallen off a cornflake packet despite me having all the correct paperwork & trying to be pleasant & friendly
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

User avatar
BobHelm
udonmap.com
Posts: 17008
Joined: September 7, 2005, 11:58 pm
Location: Udon Thani
Contact:

Re: Udon Immigration

Postby BobHelm » January 12, 2017, 8:18 am

I wouldn't disagree with anything you say about the Thai Embassy in London, Nigglyb.

However their web site is pretty comprehensive on exactly what evidence you need in order to obtain which visa & the postal option works better for me.
I believe that when the Embassy introduced their postal system (about 4 years ago) they removed the postal option from the Consulates..

User avatar
boes
udonmap.com
Posts: 284
Joined: March 8, 2008, 1:13 am
Location: Right here....

Re: Udon Immigration

Postby boes » January 12, 2017, 11:56 am

#-o New procedure ?

January 10. 2017 Udon immigration charge THB 100 for 90 days report #-o


Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests