Junk Gold

General Udon Thani topics only!
Baht Man
udonmap.com

Re: Junk Gold

Postby Baht Man » February 14, 2017, 11:50 am

I'll connect with you via email.

The more hair I loose, the more head I get.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Postby sometimewoodworker » February 14, 2017, 1:22 pm

boes wrote:
sometimewoodworker wrote:
boes wrote:Do you know of any gold shop in Udon that sells and buys gold bullions issuing receipts ? 8)

Gold bullion is just means gold bars, and all gold shops in Udon sell them and buy them and give receipts. They are usually from 5 baht weight and up. 1 baht is 15.244 grams.

You usually get the best price selling back to the same shop you bought from. The difference in price is 100 baht per baht weight.

I asked because i haven't found one shop yet that do ! Can you recommend one ?

Not really as SWMBO has purchased the recent ones in Udon, she just went in asked and bought AFIK. I've bought in Yaowarat not Udon. We have always been given a receipt.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

felixcat
udonmap.com

Postby felixcat » February 15, 2017, 10:26 pm

Despite the jabs some take at me, I never start it, I only defend myself. I am always happy to help out someone in need, and believe me, I can help in a hundred or so topics or issues. After i got my life on track around 20 yrs old, I got so involved in learning, in fact got over-educated for many jobs I tried for. Having my own business set me free. The thing about too much education is, if you have no one to share it with, you tend to feel frustrated. And I'm not crawling into a cave. Many know me, I don't hide at all. I enjoy my life, even with the few aches and pains from our accident.
Over the years I've paid Ebay a couple thousand. And worth every bit of it. have sold to (before coming to Thailand), Russian federation, Israel, canada, Australia, ect. Ebay will protect you if some scammer trys to scam you. USA is the worst for selling. Once I sold a very nice ring with a very rare russian stone in it. The buyer told me her jeweler said it was fake stone. So she "told me" she would just keep the ring and pay me about $33.00 for the gold weight. I won that case, in fact, never lost a single case out of about 220 sales. I know every trick they can come up with.
Marcosteffano, your fees are a fraction of what you sell for. Sounds like you had some high priced items.
sometimewoodworker, my 1st bracelet (Thai gold) was a better deal. (2 or 3 baht Bought in BKK in 1997, asking price 1700 tb. Told them it was not my style, lowered to 1400, still no, left to go eat somewhere. Another call, now 750, politely no thankyou. #0 minutes later another call, now 450 tb. I told them, you are forcing me to buy it. Wore it for 3 years , it stretched alot from being so soft. Sold it to a gambler who "felt" it would bring him luck...price $2000.
Heres another tip. If you want a gold crown, bring your old gold and haggle the discount. My gold crown is made from a ring I cast myself. I took it to the best crown guy I knew for over 15 years. Theres actually very little gold in a crown, maybe 5% of High Nobilium. I also chose my favorite dentist, a Jew, a great friend of mine. When all was done, crown cemented, I laid down a gold Kugerand, 1 oz. He laughed and said my money was no good here. Nice guy.

Udon Map
Admin

Postby Udon Map » February 15, 2017, 11:52 pm

felixcat wrote:... asking price 1700 tb. ... ... ... minutes later another call, now 450 tb.
That's stretching the limits of credibility, at least for me. Don't know what anyone else thinks.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Postby Nigglyb » February 16, 2017, 12:38 am

Udon Map wrote:
felixcat wrote:... asking price 1700 tb. ... ... ... minutes later another call, now 450 tb.
That's stretching the limits of credibility, at least for me. Don't know what anyone else thinks.

According to the historical rates chart, THB/USD in 1997 was 31.07 so purchase price of about $15 & sold 3 years later for $2000. Somebody, either the original seller or the final buyer, in this deal was ripped off.

Or it was all a dream :sleepy:
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

wazza
udonmap.com

Postby wazza » February 16, 2017, 1:19 am

Silver walks up to Gold in a bar and says, "AU, get outta here

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Postby Nigglyb » February 16, 2017, 2:08 am

& Cu later copper?
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Postby sometimewoodworker » February 16, 2017, 7:43 am

Udon Map wrote:

I'm with you there.

Even the first asking price is ridiculous as 2 Baht was selling for around ฿12,000 and 3 Baht for ฿18,000

Let alone the selling price which would have been either ฿26,000 or ฿40,000 per Baht weight. Gold didn't get to the first until 2012 and has never been near the second. In 2000 it was between ฿6,000 and ฿7,000

So assuming that the amounts quoted are true the only reason I can see for the sellers taking such a low price and dropping so quickly was that it was stolen and they had to get rid of it.
And for the buyer "there's one born every minute" springs to mind as he would have been paying 4 to 6 times the market rate.

So felixcat should be selling coals to Newcastle, Igloos to Eskimos or running to replace the Trump. Also is better than any used car salesman I've ever heard of.

felixcat
udonmap.com

Postby felixcat » February 17, 2017, 12:08 am

It was an old style bracelet and they wanted to sell it and buy new styles.
Review my message again, They dropped the price 4 times. When I said #0 minutes later, typo, should have been 30 mins.
Our driver was a Gov Officals daughter, she was friends with my wife and with the shop, also we had a armed quard in the car for her protection. That was cool. Gold prices in 1997 were something like $300 , maybe less. But my selling price in US was nice.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Postby sometimewoodworker » February 17, 2017, 8:21 pm

felixcat wrote:It was an old style bracelet and they wanted to sell it and buy new styles.

That doesn't change the amount they would have been payed by a gold shop, if genuine. They would have even payed about 600 Baht less than the new price per baht weight so at minimum 10,000 for a 2 baht bracelet and 16,000 for a 3 baht one probably even more as part exchange.

It was hot and they had to get rid of it,or fake.

Or all in the mind.

felixcat
udonmap.com

Postby felixcat » February 17, 2017, 10:04 pm

Some of you think too much. I like to help amyone, but this is rediculas.
Next topic please,,,,or I will start one soon......don't hold your breth.
Be well......

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”