A Con Builders

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 1971
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: A Con Builders

Post by vincemunday » May 5, 2017, 12:45 pm

JR, it would seem things aren't quite as straight forward as you make them sound, I'll be coming along with Kang to assess the situation and resolve any issues.
"I don't risk my life for the sake of my children, I risk it for the sake of everyone's children" Stephen Yaxley-Lennon aka Tommy Robison - Free speech activist 2017

mac1966
udonmap.com
Posts: 263
Joined: May 28, 2012, 5:59 pm

Re: A Con Builders

Post by mac1966 » May 5, 2017, 1:16 pm

Looks like you're getting a visit JR.

Sounds like your involvement with this outfit is a bit more than just a friendly recommendation.



Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

User avatar
fatbob
udonmap.com
Posts: 1948
Joined: July 14, 2009, 7:19 pm

Re: A Con Builders

Post by fatbob » May 5, 2017, 1:27 pm

What are your construction qualifications Vince? Hope your coming with your work permit???

User avatar
Barney
udonmap.com
Posts: 2754
Joined: November 1, 2012, 5:51 am
Location: Outback of Nong Samrong Udon Thani

Re: A Con Builders

Post by Barney » May 5, 2017, 1:30 pm

Vince why do this.

The last thing I would want is a falang sticking his nose into a place that is not requested.
JR to my thoughts has resolved the issue and A Con will not be coming back.

User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 1971
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: A Con Builders

Post by vincemunday » May 5, 2017, 2:12 pm

The only reason I'm going to pop along is because Kang's English isn't so great and my missus will help interpret what's going on and as I recommended him I want to make sure JR's wall is finished (I'm not sure it is) and he's happy. I have no further interest in A Con than that and if it turns out Kang was at fault here I wouldn't recommend him any more, end of.
"I don't risk my life for the sake of my children, I risk it for the sake of everyone's children" Stephen Yaxley-Lennon aka Tommy Robison - Free speech activist 2017

User avatar
wazza
udonmap.com
Posts: 8999
Joined: April 2, 2006, 9:06 pm
Location: Cuba- Drove around in an Ol 55 Chev - On the Prowl
Contact:

Re: A Con Builders

Post by wazza » May 5, 2017, 3:34 pm

fatbob wrote:
vincemunday wrote:And why's that? That's bit of a sweeping comment without qualification, I've never known a builder yet that doesn't use subs, I wait in anticipation for your reply Bob, I've always found your input amusing.
That is based on 40 + years in construction, 18 years in Thailand building luxury villas, you loose all control with subs and only coming to site every two days is a recipe for disaster.
My place was built using a reputable building firm/ developer and using has his own staff ( day rates etc ) BUT I also has 2 onsite Construction supervisors there every day and all over it

If i hadnt have been there the day Starmark / Homepro tried to fit the gas / kitchen, place would have blown up.

off topic i know, but the Pest Control people turned up last Friday to do their walk around spray etc

Told them to go away and come back when the forecast was more favourable . WTF they hadnt even looked at the weather.

macca46
udonmap.com
Posts: 971
Joined: May 26, 2014, 8:55 am
Location: Udon Thani
Contact:

Re: A Con Builders

Post by macca46 » May 5, 2017, 3:39 pm

FB has the experience and knowledge,provided good answers to my problems when I posted here, always helpful.

JR
udonmap.com
Posts: 617
Joined: June 12, 2007, 5:33 pm
Location: Udon Thani
Contact:

Re: A Con Builders

Post by JR » May 5, 2017, 4:02 pm

vincemunday wrote:The only reason I'm going to pop along is because Kang's English isn't so great and my missus will help interpret what's going on and as I recommended him I want to make sure JR's wall is finished (I'm not sure it is) and he's happy. I have no further interest in A Con than that and if it turns out Kang was at fault here I wouldn't recommend him any more, end of.
I have told what happened. There is nothing more to be said. Kang agreed that he was wrong and I have not charged him the 580B back. There is no reason for you to come and inspect anything nor do I need your wife as an interpreter.
As I said there is nothing wrong with the wall that the people put up. And, again, any kind of "inspection" on our premises will not be tolerated. Least of all by someone who has not been involved in the build. Thank you.

User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 1971
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: A Con Builders

Post by vincemunday » May 5, 2017, 4:16 pm

I couldn't inspect anything, i don't have the technical ability to do so. After speaking with Kang and listening to his version of events I stand by my opinion that he is a good, honest builder who does a great job for a fair price and will continue to recommend him.
"I don't risk my life for the sake of my children, I risk it for the sake of everyone's children" Stephen Yaxley-Lennon aka Tommy Robison - Free speech activist 2017

User avatar
Barney
udonmap.com
Posts: 2754
Joined: November 1, 2012, 5:51 am
Location: Outback of Nong Samrong Udon Thani

Re: A Con Builders

Post by Barney » May 5, 2017, 5:00 pm

So in the final wash up, Kang agreed with JR he was wrong after the fact, but that is not enough to convince you as you believe there is a different story.

I'm sure Kangs a good bloke, but let it be now, he f....d up with the wall and pricing and that's that.
Why would JR lie that they had a greement.

I have told a number of subcontractors not to come back. It happens in the building game.
As marco said let him find his own work, he is a UM sponsor with an English language phone number. Who does he have on the and of that line. Rhetorical no need to answer.

As others have advised thet they have a good work group to do their activities, and, like them I would not promote my team on a forum, only leads to trouble.

Good luck to Kang as a sponsor for future projects.

User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 1971
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: A Con Builders

Post by vincemunday » May 5, 2017, 5:05 pm

No, JR says the wall is fine, the dispute is over the final bill and I have no reason to doubt Kang and his version of what's happened which is quite different to what JR is saying. Time will tell.
"I don't risk my life for the sake of my children, I risk it for the sake of everyone's children" Stephen Yaxley-Lennon aka Tommy Robison - Free speech activist 2017

JR
udonmap.com
Posts: 617
Joined: June 12, 2007, 5:33 pm
Location: Udon Thani
Contact:

Re: A Con Builders

Post by JR » May 5, 2017, 5:14 pm

vincemunday wrote:No, JR says the wall is fine, the dispute is over the final bill and I have no reason to doubt Kang and his version of what's happened which is quite different to what JR is saying. Time will tell.
Then I like to hear his version of what he has said if you say it differs from what I have said.

User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 1971
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: A Con Builders

Post by vincemunday » May 5, 2017, 5:16 pm

I'm sure he's already called you JR, ask your missus she will have a missed call or two.
"I don't risk my life for the sake of my children, I risk it for the sake of everyone's children" Stephen Yaxley-Lennon aka Tommy Robison - Free speech activist 2017

User avatar
fatbob
udonmap.com
Posts: 1948
Joined: July 14, 2009, 7:19 pm

Re: A Con Builders

Post by fatbob » May 5, 2017, 7:06 pm

vincemunday wrote:Absolute nonsense Bob, as I said I always find your input amusing. A year ago he was in Chiang Mai building a factory that was mainly of metal and he mainly used gangs of steel workers, six months ago he built a house and then some apartments and used all the different trades, electricians, brickies, concrete and steel workers, tilers, roofers and plumbers etc, last month he was building walls, are you honestly saying you think he should keep all these people on his books? Of course he shouldn't, no more than we would in the west, you employ people as you need them, you just make sure the people you employ do the job properly. So much experience and you come out with a statement like that......

Absolute nonsense hey, again I ask what are your qualifications when it comes to construction? Answer this first!

We had 120 workers on the books, directly employed and living in our labour camp. Quote" you employ people as you need them", is that so, so every time you start a project you get new workers to carry out work, you hand them a 50,000 thb a metre peice of material and leave them to it and come back two days later??? Sorry fool what you do is train your workers and when trained you keep them, you are way out of your depth idiot. This contractor is a recipe for disaster, stick to being an accountant or garbo!

User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 1971
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: A Con Builders

Post by vincemunday » May 5, 2017, 7:47 pm

Bob your company was obviously in a completely different league or maybe you built lots of the same type of bulding? Kang by comparison has a very small company, he couldnt keep a gang of steel workers on his books even if he wanted to, for that matter gangs of brickies or concrete workers either. JR says a few things that I've never come across, I'm not saying he's lying but I've used Kang quite a few times now and he's always been on the job unless it was a Chinese holiday when he goes down to Bangkok and he's never tried to con any money out of me. I have no financial interest in Kangs company, it makes no difference to me if he gets work or not but he's a great bloke and a good builder, he needs work, he's got a wife and two kids at school and he needs a leg up. I've done what I can for him, I've bought him a domain, built him a website and drummed him up some business on UM, I'm pretty sure some of the people he's working for will comment on this thread later and give you their opinions, certainly John a chap he's doing some work for at the moment seems quite happy, but we will see, the proof as they say is in the pudding, and yes you're right, I do take calls for him, he really can't speak English but I do that because he needs help drumming up some business nothing more. I hope people do give him a try, I will continue to speak as I find him.
"I don't risk my life for the sake of my children, I risk it for the sake of everyone's children" Stephen Yaxley-Lennon aka Tommy Robison - Free speech activist 2017

Post Reply

Return to “House & Land”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests