a few good pharmacies????

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
thighlander
udonmap.com

a few good pharmacies????

Post by thighlander » April 19, 2018, 1:50 am

any suggestions for good pharmacies near UDRU or Central? I don't like the big chains like Boots/Watsons, but the small ones can have prices all over the map, and they really should use aircon. Saw one charging 12 TUB for a five baht package of mosquito repellent. I had the extra seven baht, but something tells me they are high in other stuff. Tramadol for 10 each? Was 3.5 in Chiang Mai....Thanks in advance!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: a few good pharmacies????

Post by vincemunday » April 19, 2018, 7:07 am

Forte which is on the ring road before you get to the junction where you turn left for Nong Bua Lumphu and right to go to Nong Khai is about the best I’ve found. They’ve always had everything I’m looking for and are cheaper than the small pharmacies I’ve been to. Highly recommend them.
"I don't risk my life for the sake of my children, I risk it for the sake of everyone's children" Stephen Yaxley-Lennon aka Tommy Robison - Free speech activist 2017

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » April 19, 2018, 8:05 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 19, 2018, 7:07 am
Forte which is on the ring road before you get to the junction where you turn left for Nong Bua Lumphu and right to go to Nong Khai is about the best I’ve found. They’ve always had everything I’m looking for and are cheaper than the small pharmacies I’ve been to. Highly recommend them.
Does Forte have flea and tick medication for dogs? Someone told me this, but seems odd that a pharmacy would carry these. I did try calling a number listed for them on the internet but no one ever answered.

hairyharry
udonmap.com

Post by hairyharry » April 19, 2018, 8:07 am

Faraday
udonmap.com

Post by Faraday » April 19, 2018, 8:12 am

Somboon, off Posri Road, near the market.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » April 19, 2018, 10:26 am

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Bun ... authuser=0

Between Fountain Circle and Clock Circle. Their prices are almost half what I've found at other pharmacies in Udon Thani.

=====

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/%E0 ... authuser=0

I've also used this one. They have hard-to-find items, but they're not my first choice.

=====

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Som ... authuser=0

Somboon Pharmacy -- probably same referenced by Faraday. I've had excellent results here, too. Wide range of products and very fair prices.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 19, 2018, 11:20 am

Yes Tutone, they have tick and flea medication, I’ve had my dogs on it for a while now and it works great. They have 2, one for small dogs and one for large, it’s extremely cheap compared to Frontline etc and I think it works better.
"I don't risk my life for the sake of my children, I risk it for the sake of everyone's children" Stephen Yaxley-Lennon aka Tommy Robison - Free speech activist 2017

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » April 19, 2018, 12:32 pm

vincemunday wrote:
April 19, 2018, 7:07 am
Yes Forte are very good.Just one thing I find weird is the prices they quote as they walk around with you then at the checkout they discount (which is great)
Voiceover for hire.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » April 19, 2018, 1:01 pm

The Pharmacy directly across from Ban Huay market is very good if you are interested in good English speaking help.
The wife is from the Philippines and speaks very fluent English. The daughter speaks English as well as her mother. The father speaks good English for a Thai.

It is very easy to explain what you want. In addition, if wanted, they will print a full computer generated receipt which is handy for Insurance Companies that reimburse some costs

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 19, 2018, 1:10 pm

In my case Forte were not the cheaper alternative for my medication, my pharmacy was cheaper. If I only had one packet to buy then I would not have worried about the slightly higher cost at Forte. My medication is a daily dose so went back to my pharmacy. She has kept the same price for 2 years. She speaks English and can order what ever you need. It is on the road leading out from town to the Nong Khai ring road junction, on the left up past the market and next to a bank, where all the lottery tickets are on the footpath.
But Forte did have the cheaper price for a quality blood pressure unit.

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » April 20, 2018, 5:38 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 19, 2018, 11:20 am
Yes Tutone, they have tick and flea medication, I’ve had my dogs on it for a while now and it works great. They have 2, one for small dogs and one for large, it’s extremely cheap compared to Frontline etc and I think it works better.
Thanks for the reply.

Dixie Dean

Post by Dixie Dean » April 20, 2018, 5:56 pm

Opposite the market. Speak English, Cheap and the only place I could find that stocked all the medicine I need after having stents fitted.

https://www.google.com/maps/@17.4163597 ... psrc=apiv3

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”