ACS Outreach

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
mak
udonmap.com

Re: ACS Outreach

Post by mak » July 19, 2017, 5:46 pm

0800 Friday. Wardens please attend.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » July 21, 2017, 1:35 pm

Another successful Outreach session. 137 people were served. A big thank you to ACS and the three staff members who made the trip to Udon. They started at 0730 and finished at 1130.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 21, 2017, 2:23 pm

Despite there being 130+ people during the 4 hours of service, my wait time (I arrived at 9:50) was less than 35 minutes. Assembly-line service...with a smile. What a deal!

I missed the two posts back in March 2017 (Gar and mak) about the American Embassy now accepting passport renewals by mail. That's one less reason to every have to go to Bangkok! Thank you!
details at https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-se ... ult-renew/
I noticed a few people at today's gathering who either got bank drafts from the wrong bank or didn't have the right amount. The instructions in the ACS email and on the ACS webpage detail exact charges and even give instructions in Thai that you can hand to the teller.
Thanks, ACS!

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » July 22, 2017, 9:13 am

I was talking with one of the wardens about the "off-schedule" visit by ACS since they normally come in spring and fall. He told me that the Embassy had decided that for budgetary reasons to conduct only one ACS visit per year to the various cities throughout Thailand.. I find this a bit disturbing since I imagine the Consular fees by the 137 Americans during this visit far exceeded the costs of sending three people to Udon.. Consular operations world-wide are self-funding making billions for the U.S. State Department as well as contributing a large amount of money to the Treasury. What makes if a bit confounding to me is that the number one stated mission of the Department of State overseas is to provide assistance to American Citizens..
Dave

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » July 22, 2017, 10:02 am

Perhaps a letter to your Senator or Congressman?

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 22, 2017, 4:29 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
July 22, 2017, 9:13 am
I was talking with one of the wardens about the "off-schedule" visit by ACS since they normally come in spring and fall. He told me that the Embassy had decided that for budgetary reasons to conduct only one ACS visit per year to the various cities throughout Thailand.. I find this a bit disturbing since I imagine the Consular fees by the 137 Americans during this visit far exceeded the costs of sending three people to Udon.. Consular operations world-wide are self-funding making billions for the U.S. State Department as well as contributing a large amount of money to the Treasury. What makes if a bit confounding to me is that the number one stated mission of the Department of State overseas is to provide assistance to American Citizens..
Good excuse for another 3-4 day vaca in Chiang Mai. :D :D :D
US private charity and the US government do more good for people everywhere in the world -- every year -- than any other country. God Bless America.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 22, 2017, 6:26 pm

Thanks also to the Udon wardens who help out the ACS staff!

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » July 23, 2017, 8:50 am

the wardens are a labor saver for the three consular workers.. Without the wardens they'd need a couple of more embassy staffers to organize the event..
Dave

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » October 18, 2017, 1:22 pm

Next Khon Kaen Outreach Wednesday November 8.

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » October 18, 2017, 2:42 pm

They have scheduled Udon in March of 2018
LADDA AND DICK

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » October 29, 2017, 12:58 pm

Khon Kaen Outreach 0800 Wednesday Nov. 8 Pullman Hotel.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » October 29, 2017, 2:36 pm

PATTAYA: Wednesday, November 1, 2017
KHON KAEN: Wednesday, November 8, 2017

neither have been updated with info as of yet and its 10/29
and Nov 1 is in 3 days. Was planning on the KK 11/8

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-se ... -outreach/

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » October 29, 2017, 5:26 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
July 22, 2017, 9:13 am
The latest schedule shows 2 visits to Udon in 2018.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 29, 2017, 6:05 pm

As I understand it.....the fees have nothing to do with outreach visits. Whether you go to ACS in Bangkok yourself or ACS comes here, you pay the same. It's a bennie......big time bennie for ACS to visit here and save 100++ people going to Bangkok. I'm trying to think of another embassy that sends its people to Udon......let's see..............................................

And as I understand it, this isn't a US issue.........most all the embassies that I'm aware of charge their citizens for passports, income affidavits, etc.

Nothing to be disturbed about. I consider myself extremely fortunate!

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » October 29, 2017, 6:15 pm

Does anyone know whether or not the ACS Outreach team has mailing envelopes available to return a renewed passport?
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Return to “Notice Board”