ACS Outreach

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
mak
udonmap.com
Posts: 1133
Joined: July 13, 2008, 11:50 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: ACS Outreach

Post by mak » June 13, 2018, 10:51 am

All BANK DRAFTS (PDF 345KB) must be:
• Purchased from Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, or Siam Commercial Bank (SCB). (There is no need to have an account at the bank to purchase a bank draft) (Kasikorn Bank calls a “Bank Draft” a “Bill of Exchange”). Made out to “American Embassy Bangkok.” (No variations, errors, or typos are permitted. Do not write on or make any markings on the bank draft.)
• In the exact amount of Thai Baht (THB) for your total service.
• Submitted at the time of service.
• Issued within the last six months. You can show this to the bank:



ลูกค้าท่านนี้ต้องการซื้อแบงค์ดร๊าฟ(สกุลเงินบาทเท่านั้น)

โดยจำนวนเงินอ้างอิงตามอัตราแลกเปลี่ยนของสถานทูต

และระบุสั่งจ่ายถึง “American Embassy Bangkok”

รบกวนช่วยอำนวยความสะดวกให้ด้วยค่ะ



User avatar
mak
udonmap.com
Posts: 1133
Joined: July 13, 2008, 11:50 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: ACS Outreach

Post by mak » June 14, 2018, 5:48 pm

Sometimes the US Embassy has other business other than the Outreach at a specific location. This might explain their time schedule.

User avatar
mak
udonmap.com
Posts: 1133
Joined: July 13, 2008, 11:50 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: ACS Outreach

Post by mak » June 19, 2018, 2:32 pm

Khon Kaen Outreach tomorrow, 12 pm.

User avatar
mak
udonmap.com
Posts: 1133
Joined: July 13, 2008, 11:50 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: ACS Outreach

Post by mak » June 20, 2018, 4:58 pm

Another successful Outreach in KK. 88 customers were served. Service started at 11 am and finished after 2 pm. Thank you ACS for a job well done.

User avatar
parrot
udonmap.com
Posts: 8969
Joined: March 19, 2006, 8:32 pm

Re: ACS Outreach

Post by parrot » June 21, 2018, 2:11 pm

Agree! The ACS visits are a major bennie for those of us who'd prefer not to go to Bangkok.

The embassy is encouraging citizens to renew their passports by mail. A friend of ours recently renewed his......mailed in the old and got the new in about 2.5 weeks. Pretty simple process!
I'd guess half or so of the people in KK yesterday were there to renew their passports. https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-se ... ult-renew/

User avatar
mak
udonmap.com
Posts: 1133
Joined: July 13, 2008, 11:50 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: ACS Outreach

Post by mak » June 21, 2018, 7:02 pm

I agree. Renewing your passport by mail is a simple process. I did mine in March. Returned in less than 3 weeks.

fdimike
udonmap.com
Posts: 1592
Joined: July 7, 2005, 10:11 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: ACS Outreach

Post by fdimike » June 21, 2018, 8:27 pm

It's actually easier than turning in all the required paperwork to ACS when they come to town because there's no waiting to meet with the ACS folks.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

thunder43549
udonmap.com
Posts: 13
Joined: January 3, 2010, 7:49 pm

Re: ACS Outreach

Post by thunder43549 » June 24, 2018, 11:31 am

Giggle wrote:
January 12, 2018, 11:56 pm
Move to Nong Khai. They don't accept silly Embassy affidavits. It's like a special "Laws-Don't-Apply-Here" zone. I think the Tourism Authority of Nong Khai should begin a campaign to attract tourism: Our filthy farang visitors are WAY better than Udon and Loei's filthy farang visitors.

And we can prove it!

Amazing Thailand.
Hi; I was there in April. They took mine. Not a problem. A little bit slow though.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 4288
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: ACS Outreach

Post by Lone Star » June 24, 2018, 11:36 am

thunder43549 wrote:
June 24, 2018, 11:31 am
Giggle wrote:
January 12, 2018, 11:56 pm
Move to Nong Khai. They don't accept silly Embassy affidavits. It's like a special "Laws-Don't-Apply-Here" zone. I think the Tourism Authority of Nong Khai should begin a campaign to attract tourism: Our filthy farang visitors are WAY better than Udon and Loei's filthy farang visitors.

And we can prove it!

Amazing Thailand.
Hi; I was there in April. They took mine. Not a problem. A little bit slow though.
I'm not surprised at either one of your experiences. The most consistent thing in many areas of Thailand is INconsistency. What happens for you or me or someone else yesterday or today, may not happen for any one of us or someone else tomorrow.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 4288
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: ACS Outreach

Post by Lone Star » June 24, 2018, 11:38 am

mak wrote:
June 20, 2018, 4:58 pm
Another successful Outreach in KK. 88 customers were served. Service started at 11 am and finished after 2 pm. Thank you ACS for a job well done.
Glad to see that they still begin earlier than scheduled. That has happened both times that I have gone to Khon Kaen for the outreach.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

User avatar
mak
udonmap.com
Posts: 1133
Joined: July 13, 2008, 11:50 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: ACS Outreach

Post by mak » October 7, 2018, 9:39 am

Udon Outreach, next month. Exact date to be announced by email approximately 2 weeks prior to the event.
https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-se ... -outreach/
https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-se ... vice-fees/

User avatar
docta
Udonmap Sponsor
Posts: 523
Joined: September 5, 2007, 6:54 am

Re: ACS Outreach

Post by docta » October 7, 2018, 11:16 am

Thanks allot, Mak, great reference info...

User avatar
mak
udonmap.com
Posts: 1133
Joined: July 13, 2008, 11:50 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: ACS Outreach

Post by mak » October 29, 2018, 4:21 pm

Udon Outreach. Nov. 7, 12 pm, Centara Hotel.

User avatar
mak
udonmap.com
Posts: 1133
Joined: July 13, 2008, 11:50 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: ACS Outreach

Post by mak » November 5, 2018, 10:39 am

Just a reminder:
Udon Outreach
Wednesday Nov. 7, 12 pm, Centara Hotel.

User avatar
mak
udonmap.com
Posts: 1133
Joined: July 13, 2008, 11:50 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: ACS Outreach

Post by mak » November 7, 2018, 5:08 pm

Another successful Outreach. 131 customers were served.
Started at 11:15 am, finished at 3:30pm.
Thank you ACS.

RLTrader
udonmap.com
Posts: 1379
Joined: June 3, 2007, 8:49 am

Re: US Consular Outreach Schedule

Post by RLTrader » February 23, 2019, 2:03 pm

When I went in Nov asked if this was the end of this service.
Seems obvious that the Rep was ill informed when he said that "they would continue for we do other things beside "Income Letters". :lol: :^o

Schedule for 2019
N/A

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-se ... -outreach/

User avatar
parrot
udonmap.com
Posts: 8969
Joined: March 19, 2006, 8:32 pm

Re: ACS Outreach

Post by parrot » February 23, 2019, 3:08 pm

The income letter was probably 50% of their workload on visits. Another 40 or so percent doing passport applications. No more income letters.....and it's now possible to do the passport renewals on line.

The handwriting was on the wall that ACS visits were going to end.

RLTrader
udonmap.com
Posts: 1379
Joined: June 3, 2007, 8:49 am

Re: ACS Outreach

Post by RLTrader » February 23, 2019, 3:50 pm

parrot wrote:
February 23, 2019, 3:08 pm
The income letter was probably 50% of their workload on visits. Another 40 or so percent doing passport applications. No more income letters.....and it's now possible to do the passport renewals on line.

The handwriting was on the wall that ACS visits were going to end.
Would bet that the Income letter was at least 80+%. Been to many in past 12 years (once a year) and everyone there that I talked with were there for same reason, a Income Letter. A Passport is good for 10 years, so what I am saying makes a lot more sense, and that's why the visits have ended. Not rocky science.

Also I think you mean passport renewal done by mail, which people have been doing for pass 3 or 4 years, if not longer.

RLTrader
udonmap.com
Posts: 1379
Joined: June 3, 2007, 8:49 am

Re: ACS Outreach

Post by RLTrader » February 23, 2019, 3:55 pm

RLTrader wrote:
February 23, 2019, 3:50 pm
parrot wrote:
February 23, 2019, 3:08 pm
The income letter was probably 50% of their workload on visits. Another 40 or so percent doing passport applications. No more income letters.....and it's now possible to do the passport renewals on line.

The handwriting was on the wall that ACS visits were going to end.
Would bet that the Income letter was at least 80+%. Been to many in past 12 years (once a year) and everyone there that I talked with were there for same reason, a Income Letter. A Passport is good for 10 years, so what I am saying makes a lot more sense, and that's why the visits have ended. Not rocket science.

Also I think you mean passport renewal done by mail, which people have been doing for pass 3 or 4 years, if not longer.

RLTrader
udonmap.com
Posts: 1379
Joined: June 3, 2007, 8:49 am

Re: ACS Outreach

Post by RLTrader » February 23, 2019, 3:57 pm

parrot wrote:
February 23, 2019, 3:08 pm
The income letter was probably 50% of their workload on visits. Another 40 or so percent doing passport applications. No more income letters.....and it's now possible to do the passport renewals on line.

The handwriting was on the wall that ACS visits were going to end.
Would bet that the Income letter was at least 80+%. Been to many in past 12 years (once a year) and everyone there that I talked with were there for same reason, a Income Letter. A Passport is good for 10 years, so what I am saying makes a lot more sense, and that's why the visits have ended. Not rocket science.

Also I think you mean passport renewal done by mail, which people have been doing for pass 3 or 4 years, if not longer.

Post Reply

Return to “Notice Board”