ACS Outreach

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
RLTrader
udonmap.com

Re: US Consular Outreach Schedule

Post by RLTrader » February 23, 2019, 2:03 pm

When I went in Nov asked if this was the end of this service.
Seems obvious that the Rep was ill informed when he said that "they would continue for we do other things beside "Income Letters". :lol: :^o

Schedule for 2019
N/A

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-se ... -outreach/

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: ACS Outreach

Post by parrot » February 23, 2019, 3:08 pm

The income letter was probably 50% of their workload on visits. Another 40 or so percent doing passport applications. No more income letters.....and it's now possible to do the passport renewals on line.

The handwriting was on the wall that ACS visits were going to end.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » February 23, 2019, 3:50 pm

parrot wrote:
February 23, 2019, 3:08 pm
The income letter was probably 50% of their workload on visits. Another 40 or so percent doing passport applications. No more income letters.....and it's now possible to do the passport renewals on line.

Would bet that the Income letter was at least 80+%. Been to many in past 12 years (once a year) and everyone there that I talked with were there for same reason, a Income Letter. A Passport is good for 10 years, so what I am saying makes a lot more sense, and that's why the visits have ended. Not rocky science.

Also I think you mean passport renewal done by mail, which people have been doing for pass 3 or 4 years, if not longer.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » February 23, 2019, 3:55 pm

RLTrader wrote:
February 23, 2019, 3:50 pm
parrot wrote:

Would bet that the Income letter was at least 80+%. Been to many in past 12 years (once a year) and everyone there that I talked with were there for same reason, a Income Letter. A Passport is good for 10 years, so what I am saying makes a lot more sense, and that's why the visits have ended. Not rocket science.

Also I think you mean passport renewal done by mail, which people have been doing for pass 3 or 4 years, if not longer.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » February 23, 2019, 3:57 pm

parrot wrote:

Would bet that the Income letter was at least 80+%. Been to many in past 12 years (once a year) and everyone there that I talked with were there for same reason, a Income Letter. A Passport is good for 10 years, so what I am saying makes a lot more sense, and that's why the visits have ended. Not rocket science.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 24, 2019, 12:10 am

the schedule is N/A because as the site says: Specific times and locations are released 10-14 days prior to each Outreach event through the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).
Dave

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » February 24, 2019, 10:11 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
February 24, 2019, 12:10 am
the schedule is N/A because as the site says: Specific times and locations are released 10-14 days prior to each Outreach event through the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).
:D
Its also for 2018 :lol:

but they have always posted way before 14 days what city, hell, think in 2017 they posted everything for the whole year at the 1st of dam year. But whatever, its over.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » May 16, 2019, 1:05 pm

The U.S Embassy Bangkok and Consulate General Chiang Mai will no longer provide scheduled Consular Outreach Services .

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » May 16, 2019, 7:38 pm

Thanks very much for the heads-up, Mak.
Much appreciated!!

Return to “Notice Board”