Agoda hotel booking

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
glalt
udonmap.com

Agoda hotel booking

Post by glalt » April 11, 2018, 9:01 pm

I booked three rooms in Phnom Penh through Agoda. I had some questions for the hotel. I got no answers from the hotel after several inquiries and after waiting several days, cancelled the booking through Agoda. I was assured that my credit card would not be charged. My credit card was charged and numerous emails to Agoda also got no answers. I finally contacted my credit card bank to have them refuse payment. I finally got a refund from Agoda. I regard this as very poor service.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Agoda hotel booking

Post by Lone Star » April 11, 2018, 10:39 pm

I use Agoda all the time. When I have called with a similar issue, it has always been handled right away. Refund in about 48 hours.

I haven't gotten much satisfaction through their email either.

Thanks for the heads up.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 11, 2018, 11:54 pm

Do they always immediately take the money via credit card?
I have used bookings.com for years and never had my credit card processed until arrival at the accommodation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » April 12, 2018, 12:40 am

Barney wrote:
April 11, 2018, 11:54 pm
Do they always immediately take the money via credit card?
Nope. Varies on the hotel and/or the type of room booked.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » April 12, 2018, 7:13 am

I always use agoda and always excellent service never a problem, booked at least 250 plus rooms.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 12, 2018, 12:10 pm

I also used Agoda many times and never had a problem, EXCEPT when I cancelled this reservation. I have never canceled before. I must have misunderstood because I thought they would not charge my credit card until about two days before the reservation. As soon as I cancelled I got an email from Agoda saying that my credit card would not be charged. It was charged and what irritated me was that they don't answer their emails.

I did book another hotel from them and that one was also immediately charged to my credit card. I disputed the original charge because of a double charge. Within a couple days there was a credit on my bank statement and still no email from Agoda. Maybe there are no people working there, just canned computer talk.

With both bookings they sent me a survey asking about my satisfaction. I replied to both surveys very negatively because they did not remove the first charge. No reply from the surveys either.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » April 12, 2018, 12:19 pm

you need to click the pay later option, if not they charge straight away always.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 13, 2018, 1:59 pm

I used to use agoda. I've had to create a second account as the first one got screwed up by them.

However I now prefer Hotels.com as you have an effective 10% discount on a room over and above the listed price as they operate a "stay 10 nights" the 11th is free (or discounted by the average cost of the previous 10)
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » April 15, 2018, 7:46 am

Never had much success conversing with Agoda either.

Cancelled ok on the "pay at later date" arrangement.

I try to elect paying with Paypal when I can as they at least, have an aussie base and someone to call on the phone.

Dealing with hotels via email is rather vague as well. Recently had a query regarding airport transfers to which a reply came around 1 week later saying " thanks for booking with our hotel". That was it.

Cost of having kids with you can be rather extreme at some hotels from Agoda.
Wife has the solution to book for adults only and sort out either by a call to the hotel or when one arrives. Most in this respect, even for extra adults, so far have been met with "no problem...extra xxBaht when you come".

Thai wife does come in handy sometimes. :)

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » April 15, 2018, 6:29 pm

At this point of time I could not complain about Agoda last Tuesday I made a booking through them to stay at the UD Capital Hotel (has not been open long) now 6.15 pm at night my room still has not been cleaned I did find the cleaner at 4.30 pm and told that she had forgotten to clean and I required toilet paper went back to my room at 5.00 pm got my toilet paper ok but still had a dirty room so I fired off an email of complaint to Agoda and received a follow up phone call from them forty five minutes later (from Bangkok) they were going to ring the hotel to get the room cleaned now nearly 6.30 pm room still not cleaned.

So as far as Agoda is concerned I have no complaints what so ever I have used them in the past and will again in the future.

UD Capital I will not and certainly not recommend them to any one.

Return to “Open Forum”