AliExpress shipping

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
glalt
udonmap.com

AliExpress shipping

Post by glalt » November 23, 2017, 11:19 am

I have purchased many items from AliExpress with very few problems. This time I ordered an 800 watt inverter. There was no problem with the seller. In fact he used FedEx to ship it. I did not receive the inverter and the seller emailed me to ask if I was satisfied. I contacted FedEx and found out that they had my package but I needed to pay the duty on it. They sat on the package for about a week and failed to notify me. They then wanted me to do a bank transfer for 638 baht to them. That irritated me and after I paid the tax, they wanted me to drive 50 kilometers to pick it up. I told FedEx that I would pay the deliveryman when my package was delivered. They then replied that I was out of their shipping area so they would have Kerry deliver it. I told them that I really didn't care who delivered the package but I was NOT going to do a bank transfer to them. Now they wanted more money for the Kerry delivery. I told them that no way was I going to pay for them doing their job. At that point I told them they have two options. Deliver the package to my home and I would pay the tax to the deliveryman or they could return it to the seller. I was in touch with the seller and he told me that he would pay the charges for Kerry. The seller also said that he would never use FedEx again. I told the seller that this was not his fault and I wanted FedEx to simply do their job.

I have never been charged by customs in the past and thought that 638 baht was too high for a 3,900 baht item. I asked FedEx if they were in bed with Thai customs and whether they would deliver my package or not. Finally they agreed to pay Kerry if I agreed to pay the 638 baht tax. The package is supposed to be delivered today.

I post this to warn people to NEVER use FedEx unless you want to pay a high tax and have complications with the delivery. I should add that the seller helped as much as he could. I asked FedEx why they accepted a delivery that was out of their area and if they told the seller. They replied that the seller never asked that question. What BS!!

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Re: AliExpress shipping

Post by Wee Jimmy » November 23, 2017, 11:26 am

Had the same problem with UPS. I understand your frustration. I also use ali express and l've never had to pay duty. This is somethi g to watch out for.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 23, 2017, 11:57 am

The duty is calculated by Thai Customs not Fedex , based on the declared value on their consignment note.

My experience is that they never try to exclude the taxation issues, fully declare it all when its imported.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 23, 2017, 12:41 pm

wazza wrote:
November 23, 2017, 11:57 am
The duty is calculated by Thai Customs not Fedex , based on the declared value on their consignment note.

My experience is that they never try to exclude the taxation issues, fully declare it all when its imported.
I have actually bought all my solar components from AliExpress and this is the only one I ever paid any tax. As a comment on my previous post, Kerry delivered the inverter a few minutes ago. There is likely still a problem. I tried to pay the Kerry driver the 638 baht tax and he told me no, paid already. The bottom line for me is that I have the inverter connected and working. The company that supposedly represents FedEx is named Aramex with the head office in Bangkok.

I see on the receipt that the customs duty was 424.37 baht. Apparently this Aramex company gets a 200 baht handling charge. The receipt from customs doesn't list the 200 baht, just 424.37 baht. Now it is up to Aramex to come and collect the tax from me. It still doesn't add up to 638 baht.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 23, 2017, 12:51 pm

Dont talk to me about aramex !!

Delivered my HSBC cards and internet token to Duabi when im in Abu Dhabi. Refused to re direct that day as I flew out at 2130. Refused taxi. Refused any option.

Complaint in. Wont hold my breath...

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 26, 2017, 8:26 am

i have ordered also for the first time with aliexpress and had same problem , despite the ordered item website declaring free delivery with DHL to thailand , i did get a mail from the seller saying i had to pay 30 us dollar because DHL says we are in remote area? ,or give a not remote delivery adress, what i have done (samut prakan was ok ) so the website should really mention free delivery to bangkok area thailand ....i wonder what will be next? , corrupt custom liking the item i ordered and asking more ridiculous tax as all ready is,so he can keep it for himself?
http://en.customs.go.th/content.php?ini ... assessment
there is a way to avoid heavy taxation and this is sending it true one of the asian member countrys and not mentioning origin non asian member country.... ;)

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » November 26, 2017, 10:41 am

DHL says we are in remote area? .....Yep DHL Told me they DO NOT deliver to NONG KHAI as it's a REMOTE Area !!! You really could'nt make it up.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 27, 2017, 12:14 pm

Their definition of a remote area, would mean it doesnt have an agent there to coordinate the delivery.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 29, 2017, 8:12 am

and who is coordinating all my lazada delivery's with dhl ?
if you go look at aliexpress how to pay extra (you must buy units of 1 dollar) ,you can see how many people allready had to pay extra for remote area delivery ;)

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 29, 2017, 8:32 am

My DHL also gets re packaged in BKK and sent EMS to Udon.

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”