American Arrested

Udon Thani news, views and comments
jimjay
udonmap.com

Re: American Arrested

Post by jimjay » February 3, 2017, 6:30 am

Looks like he got off the hook for 150,000thb fine.

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » February 3, 2017, 9:26 am

Hopefully he will be deported to US Officials then arrested, convicted and labeled as a Sexual Predator. Do his time in prison. When released his Passport will be stamped as such and he will be required to register as a Sexual Predator wherever he goes.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 3, 2017, 9:33 am

^ are you sure this will happen??
The girls involved were 17 years old - so over the age of consent for most countries.
Indeed over the age of consent for Thailand, except he was paying the girls & hence prostitution.
The age of consent for the illegal act of prostitution is 18 years.
It is sometimes a country to make you wonder.. :shock:

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » February 3, 2017, 11:05 am

felixcat wrote:Funny Boys. (not really) [-X
Been all over this country, 3 hour Elephant rides into the mountains, white water rafting, all-terrain riding on one of the baddest sites in the world, snorKeling off several islands. Thailand has 4 of the top 10 dive places in the world. Mui Thai boxing, Motor Cycle, & truck racing, hiking into deep jungles, many waterfalls, foods of all kinds, on and on.
Why I ended up in Udon ? Read an article that said Udon had the most Western/Thai marriages, relationships in all of Thailand. After a year on Phuket beaches, and seeing people come and go so fast, thought it would be nice to come here and settle down. Yes, made many friends here.. And its so cool when you see those little girls and boys who wave to you, making you feel so special, like you saved them from Vietnam or something.
But then, you get that deep anger that starts rolling inside ..telling you, some day a scum will roll through here and rape one of these beautiful children..it will change their happy face for the rest of their life. Their anger will make them go out and try to get back at some of the Forieners who took from them and their mothers.
The unfortunate reality is the vast amount of prostitution in Thailand is by the locals and the wealthy use the country and the young women as their own playground. This does not excuse foreigners for similar behaviour but if you knew what really goes on you would not be so concerned only with the foreign aspect of this. On a further note the rich Thais do not have and never will have any use for us and the average Thai tolerates us because we have a cash value to them and most Thai women would not bother with us if we did not bring something to the table as well, meaning security and a better life. One more point you probably don't have as many Thai friends as you think.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » February 3, 2017, 12:22 pm

There is no 'white privilige' in Thailand.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 3, 2017, 1:24 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:There is no 'white privilige' in Thailand.
There was no white privilege in Okinawa, Korea, Taiwan, Panama, Saudi Arabia, Philippines....among some of places I've been. I'm glad I've had the opportunity to see things from 'the other side of the fence'.

luaddaeng

Post by luaddaeng » February 3, 2017, 4:01 pm

Nothing will happen. Once away from the cops here it's just a matter of laying low in a different area.

It won't pop up on any systems back in the US because it was likely never reported to them.

Interesting as to how Expats here have made enduring scandal and acrimony for years running, out of far less.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 3, 2017, 6:05 pm

I just heard an unverified rumor he had a heart attack shortly after he was released and died.

Update: Just got a chance to speak with my friend who told me about this. She says that it was reported on the TV news last night. I did not see it myself.

Balthasar G.
udonmap.com

Post by Balthasar G. » February 3, 2017, 10:26 pm

Udon Map wrote:Update: Just got a chance to speak with my friend who told me about this. She says that it was reported on the TV news last night. I did not see it myself.
I can second that. I saw it on Home Cable News this morning.
I hope I die in my sleep like my grand dad did, not screaming like his passengers

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » February 4, 2017, 9:44 am

Bob Helm Wrote...are you sure this will happen??

I said hopefully...

Bob Helm Wrote...The girls involved were 17 years old - so over the age of consent for most countries.

Not in the US. Sex with girls between the age of 14 to 17 is Statutory Rape.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consen.

Bob Helm Wrote...Indeed over the age of consent for Thailand, except he was paying the girls & hence prostitution.

News Media in Thailand reported you need parental consent for girls between the ages of 15 to 17 years old. Hence the conviction.

Pooclover
udonmap.com
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack-bar sucking sickly sausage rolls

Post by Pooclover » February 4, 2017, 10:22 am

R.I.P Ting Tong a long standing member here. We should show some condolence and respect.

The facts are this girl was very near the legal age, months if not weeks away. Maybe TING-TONG was under the impression she was 18. He paid for his mistake and if the police had thought he was a *** and other girls were at risk I am sure he would still be locked up.

Every other member/expat has had respect upon passing we should all do the same R.I.P.

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 4, 2017, 10:50 am

If the OP is correct and the 17 year old girl was helping him hire underage girls for several months , I think he knew he was in the wrong. No mention of how old some of those underage girls were. I have no sympathy.

Pooclover
udonmap.com
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack-bar sucking sickly sausage rolls

Post by Pooclover » February 4, 2017, 11:03 am

skinner wrote:If the OP is correct and the 17 year old girl was helping him hire underage girls for several months , I think he knew he was in the wrong. No mention of how old some of those underage girls were. I have no sympathy.

Your right 8-[ I have just read the O.P. again and it does say "underage girls".... I take my sympathy back... He got what he deserved.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » February 4, 2017, 1:10 pm

Sad end to a sad story.
RIP Ting-Tong.

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » February 4, 2017, 2:28 pm

He was a conflicted guy, he made a bad impression on us especially the women when we met him, all hot headed bluster and very much on about how well he spoke Thai, and yes the master of all things "s#x on the cheap".

Still though looking beyond the criticisms it's a tragedy also, in ways difficult to separate from the criminal aspect.

His arc here, albeit misguided and predatory, was one of repudiation of the loneliness some western men endure back home.

Rest in Peace Ryan.

Still not seeing any online or print reporting on this, not that any is needed. Wife reviewed all home cable video archives of all broadcasts and zero mention of his having passed.

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 4, 2017, 3:21 pm

Paedophilia is evil, if you are an expat , a Thai, whoever you are. if he is dead, I certainly hope he does not rest in peace.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » February 4, 2017, 5:12 pm

paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children.[1][2] Although girls typically begin the process of puberty at age 10 or 11, and boys at age 11 or 12,[3] criteria for pedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia
He was caught with a teenager. I'm not saying that's OK but as far as we know, your making a false claim when calling him a ****.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » February 4, 2017, 5:24 pm

At any rate, he wont be bothering anyone now. There are older guys that hit on teenage girls anywhere. If you have daughters you should talk to them about these dangers. While in the US, my daughter worked part time in a restaurant at 16yo. I had to have a word with a guy in his 40's who was bothering her.

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » February 4, 2017, 5:46 pm

Jello, this guy is or was 57 years old, he was caught with a 17 year old girl who had been helping him buy sex with underage girls for months, we will probably never know how underage . Whatever you would choose to call him , I hope he is dead.

lightman
udonmap.com

Post by lightman » February 4, 2017, 6:32 pm

I have not seen any reports about this on TV or news,Thaivisa always gets the news
Maybe it is a cover up so he can just go and hide somewhere else

Return to “Udon Thani News”