BACON! Why is it paper thin?

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
Mudguard
udonmap.com

BACON! Why is it paper thin?

Post by Mudguard » April 9, 2017, 3:20 pm

Does anyone know where I can buy bacon thicker then one millimeter...In Sakon Nahkon, or Udonthani please....

I honestly do not know the advantage of this paper thin rubbish....Cheers.... :D

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Re: BACON! Why is it paper thin?

Post by minimiglia » April 9, 2017, 3:26 pm

Plenty in Villa, Bookhouse brand is best.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » April 10, 2017, 7:56 am

Never seen Bookhouse brand at Villa. I was just there yesterday and they had ample supplies of US Oscar Myers brand.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 10, 2017, 9:22 am

Its.more the style of cooking it perhaps.

I cant eat the crunchie crispy American style bacon. Thin. 90% fat. Streaky ?

Poms and Aussie IMO like the back bacon style.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 10, 2017, 9:41 am

I have had some decent bacon at Gourmet Meats also over the years.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 10, 2017, 2:28 pm

Makro has a one kilo American Streaky Bacon in the frozen foods section for around 259, cut fairly thick and I think it's really good.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » April 10, 2017, 3:06 pm

semperfiguy wrote:Makro has a one kilo American Streaky Bacon in the frozen foods section for around 259, cut fairly thick and I think it's really good.
Got to agree this is a good one.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » April 10, 2017, 3:09 pm

fdimike wrote:Never seen Bookhouse brand at Villa. I was just there yesterday and they had ample supplies of US Oscar Myers brand.
You need to look harder, there is normally plenty in their new branch, as well as her excellent sausages. It does however sell out very quickly as it is the best in town. Ask Nok, she is often in their selling her excellent hot food on the deli counter.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » April 10, 2017, 3:10 pm

A bit of a trip, but if your going to Khon Kaen, call into The Blues Bar. You wont be disappointed.

Dave, the owner, is specializing in bacon and home made sausages. I was going today for my pre-Songkran stock up but had to cancel.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » April 10, 2017, 3:22 pm

As it's probably the same price as sterling silver It's cut so thin to get 100 rashers out of a kg.shavings not rashers is a better description.when I eat bacon out here I put it in my mouth and suck n savour the flavour out of it like it's caviar or truffle or a fine wine.i purchased some home made steak n kidney pies the other week.100% but at 170b or £4.00 I don't think I will be doing that again.i think food and meat prices are ok if you are lucky enough to work off shore.im retired so got all the time in the world to cook,stews,liver n onions,balti at 50b a portion and thank god we have decent cheap veg out here.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » April 10, 2017, 6:05 pm

i can only answer the op,it is paper thin because most people like to eat it very crispy baked , i also do not like it this way but also only like salted bacon , not the sweat or tasteless rubbish , not easy to find...at decent price ,i mean.... ;)

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » April 10, 2017, 6:50 pm

Mudguard wrote:Does anyone know where I can buy bacon thicker then one millimeter...In Sakon Nahkon, or Udonthani please....

I honestly do not know the advantage of this paper thin rubbish....Cheers.... :D
Buy a slab and slice it yourself or get the butcher to do it. :-"
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Fuzzy Ken
udonmap.com

Post by Fuzzy Ken » April 11, 2017, 4:17 pm

Just a reminder that our new shop is fully open and selling products such bacon and sausages etc.

Come in and view our products but no need to bring a micrometer to check our bacons thickness or thinness !

Fuzzyken's
Now at 298/15 Sayoutis Road opposite the 7/11 located next to the main bus station, one minute walk from our old restaurant

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”