Blinds for windows and doors

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
Barney
udonmap.com

Blinds for windows and doors

Post by Barney » April 22, 2017, 3:44 pm

I am on the look out for a supplier locally for quality blinds for windows and doors. Have a lot to cover in the new house.
Have seen a few threads and they are dated.
A one shop stop for all types of stylish venetian types and vertical types would be good, quite a number of places in Bangkok but want someone local to come out with advice, measure, quote and professionally fit.

Any help is appreciated.

I was not aware, but am now, on the "Resource Guide" drop box on the UM home page.
Lots of business names there for all types of things and categorized. From bakers to builders and beyond.
Assume they are not all sponsors? But just around town local businesses?

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Re: Blinds for windows and doors

Post by semperfiguy » April 22, 2017, 3:55 pm

Barney, we used Wachira Curtain shop map ref E5. Tel: 089 985 6821. The owner's name is Tum (pronounced Toom) and her shop is located on the Ring Road near the Nongsamrong exit. She did an excellent job and speaks perfect English. She will come to your home and do all the measurements, bring all the samples of blinds/materials, or you can see her in her shop. She has plenty of catalogues from which you can shop, she has a good crew of experienced people, and they are fast, efficient and professional. She also gave us a great discount. I have sent her many customers and all were very satisfied with her services.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 22, 2017, 4:34 pm

semperfiguy wrote:Barney, we used Wachira Curtain shop map ref E5. Tel: 089 985 6821. The owner's name is Tum (pronounced Toom) and her shop is located on the Ring Road near the Nongsamrong exit. She did an excellent job and speaks perfect English. She will come to your home and do all the measurements, bring all the samples of blinds/materials, or you can see her in her shop. She has plenty of catalogues from which you can shop, she has a good crew of experienced people, and they are fast, efficient and professional. She also gave us a great discount. I have sent her many customers and all were very satisfied with her services.
Thanks Semperfiguy,
Just the info I need from members personal experiences.
I will pass on the name and contact to my girl and she can start the ball rolling on suppliers.
We are very close by to her, well as the crow flies.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 22, 2017, 4:37 pm

Barney

Grevious and I used a lady who has the identical service as stated above, on time, cleaned up and a good crew.

She lives out of town, but it doesnt worry her to travel, and all samples are provided, plus no obligation free quote etc

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » April 23, 2017, 6:56 am

Me too, same lady, and she did a good job. She came to Nong Khai, measured up and returned 2 weeks later with the finish products which she and her helpers fitted.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 23, 2017, 9:58 am

arjay wrote:Me too, same lady, and she did a good job. She came to Nong Khai, measured up and returned 2 weeks later with the finish products which she and her helpers fitted.
wazza wrote:Barney

Grevious and I used a lady who has the identical service as stated above, on time, cleaned up and a good crew.

She lives out of town, but it doesnt worry her to travel, and all samples are provided, plus no obligation free quote etc
So guys who is this other lady and a contact with the exact same service as the shop semperfiguy mentioned??
Would like to get a couple of quotes and perhaps different products?

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 23, 2017, 11:34 am

Khun Warunee

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 23, 2017, 11:42 am

There are at least 2 outlets offering this service in Bo Bay if you need comparisons, Barney.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 23, 2017, 12:38 pm

BobHelm wrote:There are at least 2 outlets offering this service in Bo Bay if you need comparisons, Barney.
Thanks Bob
but
Bo Bay????

Thanks Wazza

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 23, 2017, 12:49 pm

Bo Bay

on the ring road all but next to Global House on the ring road Barney

Your Project Manager will be aware of this location

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 23, 2017, 12:52 pm

wazza wrote:Bo Bay

on the ring road all but next to Global House on the ring road Barney

Your Project Manager will be aware of this location
Gotcha, thanks guys.

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » April 24, 2017, 6:47 pm

BobHelm wrote:There are at least 2 outlets offering this service in Bo Bay if you need comparisons, Barney.
We had our Venetian Blinds and curtains made in Bo Bay. The vendor that made the curtains came out to the house and took measurements and gave us a quote. We gave specific measurements for the Venetian Blinds to the Venetian Blind Vendor and they fit perfectly. Both Vendors did excellent work.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 24, 2017, 7:58 pm

pf-flyer wrote:
We had our Venetian Blinds and curtains made in Bo Bay. The vendor that made the curtains came out to the house and took measurements and gave us a quote. We gave specific measurements for the Venetian Blinds to the Venetian Blind Vendor and they fit perfectly. Both Vendors did excellent work.
Thanks pf-flyer. =D>

Looks like all roads leading to 2 locations and will be good for a comparison on quality and pricing.

Will be a while before it all happens as my girl wants me home to assist in choosing.
Will provide an end result of choice on my long and winding house build thread.

Muni
udonmap.com

Post by Muni » May 13, 2017, 8:16 am

We wanted drapes for 4 large openings, approx. 35-40 sq. meters total. We went to the shop inside BoBay, explained what we needed, picked out material, agreed on the price, etc. The next day my daughter called about having them come measure. "NO, only for 10 windows or more". I had her explain that most windows are 3-4 sq.meters so actually this may be be more. "NO 10 or more". (my daughter is 21 & grew up here so it was not a language problem).
I decided to try the people recommended by SemperFiguy above. They came the next day, brought a nice selection of materials, measured & gave me a price CHEAPER than BoBay. Yesterday they came & did installation. Very good job, good price & pleasant people. Thanks SemperFiguy

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 13, 2017, 9:47 am

Thanks for the heads up Muni. They are on my list for sure now to get a quote.

Did they have blinds as well as drapes?

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”