calls to rid bacon of nitrites

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Post Reply
yartims
udonmap.com
Posts: 769
Joined: July 23, 2018, 11:14 pm

calls to rid bacon of nitrites

Post by yartims » December 30, 2018, 10:02 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46710071

Leading scientists and a cross-party group of politicians are calling for chemicals called nitrites to be removed from processed meats like bacon.

Cancer specialists and politicians are among those backing the campaign to take out nitrites.

They say nitrite-free alternatives are safer and should be more widely used.

The British Meat Processors Association said nitrites are used in curing meats to help preserve them and add flavour and they are authorised additives.

They said the European Food Safety Authority found consumer exposure to nitrites and nitrates as food additives was within safe levels for all population groups, except for a slight exceedance in children whose diet is high in foods containing the chemicals.


the only good Tory is a lavatory

yartims
udonmap.com
Posts: 769
Joined: July 23, 2018, 11:14 pm

Re: calls to rid bacon of nitrites

Post by yartims » December 30, 2018, 10:07 pm

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/ ... bled=false

An Irish food-processing company has produced what it claims to be the first rasher in Ireland without nitrite preservatives, which have been linked to colon cancer.

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has classified bacon cured with nitrites as as dangerous as asbestos and smoking, as nitrites produce carcinogenic nitrosamines when ingested.

Naked Bacon is the first mass-produced rasher to be made without the cancer-causing chemical. It is being marketed by Finnebrogue Artisan in Northern Ireland with the message that “cancer risk in the full Irish breakfast has been slashed”.

The WHO has estimated that 34,000 bowel and colon cancer deaths per year worldwide are directly attributable to diets high in processed meats – and warned eating two rashers of nitrite-cured bacon per day increases relative risk of contracting bowel cancer by 18 per cent.
the only good Tory is a lavatory

Sport
udonmap.com
Posts: 1213
Joined: October 30, 2006, 10:13 pm
Location: LA USA
Contact:

Re: calls to rid bacon of nitrites

Post by Sport » December 30, 2018, 10:08 pm

The mooozlems would be happy nitrite is removed from bacon and other pork products. They have been demanding it be removed from these products for years.

User avatar
Stantheman
udonmap.com
Posts: 962
Joined: February 9, 2009, 3:33 am
Location: USA (For Now)

Re: calls to rid bacon of nitrites

Post by Stantheman » December 31, 2018, 12:03 am

I think they need to ban Pork from bacon, as it can cause very obese stomachs if to much is consumed!!

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 2702
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: calls to rid bacon of nitrites

Post by saint » December 31, 2018, 4:03 am

What a bunch of tossers the W H O are .
Can anyone believe a single word they say . Example . Cured bacon is as dangerous as asbestos and smoking !
Yet only results in 34,000 deaths from colon and bowel cancer world wide per year ,and thats a guestimate .
I dont think so !!!!
Why dont they concentrate on riding the world of deadly deceases instead of scare mongering over a bit of bacon.
Who funds these idiots ?

User avatar
Stantheman
udonmap.com
Posts: 962
Joined: February 9, 2009, 3:33 am
Location: USA (For Now)

Re: calls to rid bacon of nitrites

Post by Stantheman » December 31, 2018, 4:13 am

With the U.S. probably one on the biggest bacon consuming countries in the world, the stats on colon cancer worldwide shows the U.S. is not even in the top 25.
https://www.wcrf.org/dietandcancer/canc ... statistics

User avatar
Faraday
udonmap.com
Posts: 492
Joined: December 4, 2015, 10:53 pm

Re: calls to rid bacon of nitrites

Post by Faraday » December 31, 2018, 5:49 am

Bet that the Vegans'll be chirping on about this, claiming that 'Our Cause is Winning', or some other shyte.

TJ
udonmap.com
Posts: 1065
Joined: September 9, 2005, 9:16 am
Location: Udon Thani and USA

Re: calls to rid bacon of nitrites

Post by TJ » December 31, 2018, 6:08 am

saint wrote:
December 31, 2018, 4:03 am
What a bunch of tossers the W H O are .
Can anyone believe a single word they say . Example . Cured bacon is as dangerous as asbestos and smoking !
Yet only results in 34,000 deaths from colon and bowel cancer world wide per year ,and thats a guestimate .
I dont think so !!!!
Why dont they concentrate on riding the world of deadly deceases instead of scare mongering over a bit of bacon.
Who funds these idiots ?

Well said. IMO the WHO is another useless band of propagandists that spreads misinformation to justify their existence. This is especially the case when they announce some fictional number of global deaths from this and that. The public needs to become aware of the evils they do and learn to ignore them.

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 803
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: calls to rid bacon of nitrites

Post by dunroaming » December 31, 2018, 10:44 am

So going by latest statistics still safer to eat bacon and processed meat products at home than driving in Thailand

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3517
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: calls to rid bacon of nitrites

Post by tamada » January 1, 2019, 8:51 am

Sport wrote:
December 30, 2018, 10:08 pm
The mooozlems would be happy nitrite is removed from bacon and other pork products. They have been demanding it be removed from these products for years.
Ignorance is bliss.

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 2702
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: calls to rid bacon of nitrites

Post by saint » January 1, 2019, 12:00 pm

Ill take your word for it .

glalt
udonmap.com
Posts: 1557
Joined: January 14, 2007, 10:35 am
Location: Nong Hin, Loei

Re: calls to rid bacon of nitrites

Post by glalt » January 1, 2019, 12:55 pm

Like so many other things, like coffee, eggs and wine, the experts will change their minds next year. Next year they will say that bacon is good for you. I don't pay any attention to the experts. All things in moderation won't hurt you. As a side note, if bacon is not smoked, it's not real bacon.

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 2702
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: calls to rid bacon of nitrites

Post by saint » January 1, 2019, 2:07 pm

For the love of Allah , its the year of the pig .Leave our bacon alone .

Sport
udonmap.com
Posts: 1213
Joined: October 30, 2006, 10:13 pm
Location: LA USA
Contact:

Re: calls to rid bacon of nitrites

Post by Sport » January 1, 2019, 2:12 pm

[quote=tamada post
The mooozlems would be happy nitrite is removed from bacon and other pork products. They have been demanding it be removed from these products for years.
[/quote]
Ignorance is bliss
[/quote]

I think you are tamada or were you directing that comment at me. You have failed to see the humorous side of life.

User avatar
joepai
udonmap.com
Posts: 532
Joined: February 25, 2012, 1:21 pm

Re: calls to rid bacon of nitrites

Post by joepai » January 1, 2019, 3:42 pm

Hmmm what do they know, bet they're the same bunch that tell you smoking and drinking are bad for you :drunk:
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 3517
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: calls to rid bacon of nitrites

Post by tamada » January 1, 2019, 9:25 pm

saint wrote:
January 1, 2019, 2:07 pm
For the love of Allah , its the year of the pig .Leave our bacon alone .
Seconded.

...I mean insha'Allah.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 583
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: calls to rid bacon of nitrites

Post by pipoz4444 » January 2, 2019, 4:01 pm

TJ wrote:
December 31, 2018, 6:08 am
saint wrote:
December 31, 2018, 4:03 am
What a bunch of tossers the W H O are .
Can anyone believe a single word they say . Example . Cured bacon is as dangerous as asbestos and smoking !
Yet only results in 34,000 deaths from colon and bowel cancer world wide per year ,and thats a guestimate .
I dont think so !!!!
Why dont they concentrate on riding the world of deadly deceases instead of scare mongering over a bit of bacon.
Who funds these idiots ?

Well said. IMO the WHO is another useless band of propagandists that spreads misinformation to justify their existence. This is especially the case when they announce some fictional number of global deaths from this and that. The public needs to become aware of the evils they do and learn to ignore them.

Well said, even better TJ.

Couldn't have described the IMO the WHO in better words "useless band of propagandists that spreads misinformation to justify their existence" =D> \:D/ \:D/

pipoz4444

Post Reply

Return to “Health & Beauty”