Ceramics - Where to buy in Udon?

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
waanjai
udonmap.com

Post by waanjai » January 12, 2015, 5:16 pm

Baan Chiang World Heritage Site offers plenty of options for tourists. But can't we buy their ceramics in a less touristy setting?
What about other ceramic styles in Udon? I am looking for a place where I could buy ceramic utensils. Am not interested in ceramic tiles etc. now.

Please wear suitable clothing when attending a concert in Udon Thani. Slacks and short-sleeved shirts are ok, shorts, tank tops or muscle shirts are not.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » January 12, 2015, 5:43 pm

Both Robinsons and Index Mall carry a selection of ceramic bowls, plates and knives.

waanjai
udonmap.com

Post by waanjai » January 13, 2015, 4:26 pm

Many thanks for pointing to Robinson and Living Index. But we are looking for replica of Baan Chiang pottery. Modern work not real old ones.

As I wrote, they have it in Baan Chiang. But I am interested to know whether you can buy this stuff in Udon too.

Please wear suitable clothing when attending a concert in Udon Thani. Slacks and short-sleeved shirts are ok, shorts, tank tops or muscle shirts are not.

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » January 14, 2015, 12:07 pm

Maybe try the big place at the Khon Khaen intersection traffic lights on the bypass.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

waanjai
udonmap.com

Post by waanjai » January 15, 2015, 3:19 pm

socksy wrote:Maybe try the big place at the Khon Khaen intersection traffic lights on the bypass.
Bingo.
That big piece (6 m high) of Baan Chiang Pottery is no longer selling the pottery. The shop has moved some 25 m south, besides the 7/11 there.

We bought 2 bigger ceramic vases for us - lod rakha to 400 Baht a piece - plus lots of smaller ones we intend to bring to the opening of a new resort in Southern Thailand.
DSCN0003_1200x900.JPG
Baan Chiang Pottery - looking surprisingly modern
Many thanks for the hint.

tucker

Re: Ceramics - Where to buy in Udon?

Post by tucker » August 23, 2018, 1:30 pm

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”