Credit where credits due

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
trubrit
udonmap.com

Credit where credits due

Post by trubrit » June 17, 2015, 10:14 am

Despite being overcharged in one place, the subject of another topic, I actually received service beyond my expectations in several other establishments yesterday. It started when my wife took her 7 year old Elvira sewing machine back to the manufacturers shop. We had bought it in their shop located in the old center but they have now moved , temporarily, to the original BigC .It had started to emit an audible clicking noise when using, so she thought time to get it checked Anyway ,we learnt the nearest service dept was in Khon Kaen, but they offered to ship it there and back for a nominal carriage charge of 80bht, to which we agreed .Three days later we got a message it was now ready and awaiting collection in Udon. Much to our surprise we found it completely boxed as new, an even bigger surprise, the bill was just 120bht. Apparently unknown to me , my wife had dropped it and broken something. The charge was for the replacement part and the service was free.After 7 years use? Marvellous after sales.
The next surprise. Tesco NaDee. Shopping there last week, we stupidly left a bag of shopping in the trolley when leaving the car park, so ,more in hope than expectation, we asked at the counter if they had knowledge of it .They had, a trolley boy had handed it in, now as there were perishable items in it we thought we had lost them, but much to Tesco's credit, they had placed every thing back in stock and we were presented with a list and invited to go round and choose them all again , free.Good thinking Tesco.
Finally , Home Pro.We had bought a new table top gas stove just three months ago from them .Well one of the automatic ignitions wasn't working, not a serious fault, but annoying .Anyway , up to the service counter and asked if it was possible for it to be looked at straight away as we couldn't manage without it .Up steps a technician to take it away, returns a little later to say it requires a new part they didn't have in stock, then disappears again, leaving us wondering whats going to happen. Well he returned after a while with a brand new boxed one which he said he had checked which we were given without charge, he even carried it out to the car for me . \:D/
Also in Home Pro. I wanted something to kill a lot of snails we were getting in our salad patch. Unfortunately I didn't know what the damn things were called in Thai, so was having difficulty explaining what I wanted to the salesboy , then up steps a pleasant young lady with her Iphone, asks me to type snail on the screen, presses a button, and lo and behold, there it was in Thai. Problem solved .Good thinking girl. =D>
Long winded post I know but time for some good experiences for a change .

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Credit where credits due

Post by jai yen yen » June 17, 2015, 10:30 am

trubrit wrote:Despite being overcharged in one place, the subject of another topic, I actually received service beyond my expectations in several other establishments yesterday. It started when my wife took her 7 year old Elvira sewing machine back to the manufacturers shop. We had bought it in their shop located in the old center but they have now moved , temporarily, to the original BigC .It had started to emit an audible clicking noise when using, so she thought time to get it checked Anyway ,we learnt the nearest service dept was in Khon Kaen, but they offered to ship it there and back for a nominal carriage charge of 80bht, to which we agreed .Three days later we got a message it was now ready and awaiting collection in Udon. Much to our surprise we found it completely boxed as new, an even bigger surprise, the bill was just 120bht. Apparently unknown to me , my wife had dropped it and broken something. The charge was for the replacement part and the service was free.After 7 years use? Marvellous after sales.
The next surprise. Tesco NaDee. Shopping there last week, we stupidly left a bag of shopping in the trolley when leaving the car park, so ,more in hope than expectation, we asked at the counter if they had knowledge of it .They had, a trolley boy had handed it in, now as there were perishable items in it we thought we had lost them, but much to Tesco's credit, they had placed every thing back in stock and we were presented with a list and invited to go round and choose them all again , free.Good thinking Tesco.
Finally , Home Pro.We had bought a new table top gas stove just three months ago from them .Well one of the automatic ignitions wasn't working, not a serious fault, but annoying .Anyway , up to the service counter and asked if it was possible for it to be looked at straight away as we couldn't manage without it .Up steps a technician to take it away, returns a little later to say it requires a new part they didn't have in stock, then disappears again, leaving us wondering whats going to happen. Well he returned after a while with a brand new boxed one which he said he had checked which we were given without charge, he even carried it out to the car for me . \:D/
Also in Home Pro. I wanted something to kill a lot of snails we were getting in our salad patch. Unfortunately I didn't know what the damn things were called in Thai, so was having difficulty explaining what I wanted to the salesboy , then up steps a pleasant young lady with her Iphone, asks me to type snail on the screen, presses a button, and lo and behold, there it was in Thai. Problem solved .Good thinking girl. =D>
Long winded post I know but time for some good experiences for a change .
That is good to hear, sometimes Thailand can really surprise you in a good way.

pal52
udonmap.com

Credit where credits due

Post by pal52 » June 17, 2015, 11:27 am

Went to pay the yearly tax & compulsory insurance on my car last week.

Handed in the book & insurance certificate plus the road worthiness certificate.
I was called back to the counter & told there was a computer problem & could I come back later in the afternoon.

The Licensing officer told me if I paid the money at that time I could just pick up the new disc for 2559.
I paid the money & told her I would collect it the next day.

Went back the next day & was given the disc & blue book with no waiting.

She also gave me a envelope with money in it.

She explained she had overcharged me the day before as after the vehicle is 5 years old the fee reduces by 10% each year up to a maximum of 50%.

I wonder how many government officers would have done this.

GT93
udonmap.com

Credit where credits due

Post by GT93 » June 17, 2015, 2:38 pm

It's good to see ammo that you're not morons to be living in Udonthani.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

macca46
udonmap.com

Credit where credits due

Post by macca46 » June 17, 2015, 7:08 pm

TB can you give me the name of the snail bait.

Thanks in advance.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Credit where credits due

Post by trubrit » June 17, 2015, 7:55 pm

macca46 wrote:TB can you give me the name of the snail bait.

Thanks in advance.
its all in Thai but translates to . Deadmeal-5. Cost 75bht, packed in a drum pack .The main chemical ingredient is metaldehyde.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Credit where credits due

Post by Stantheman » June 18, 2015, 12:07 am

trubrit wrote:
macca46 wrote:TB can you give me the name of the snail bait.

Thanks in advance.
its all in Thai but translates to . Deadmeal-5. Cost 75bht, packed in a drum pack .The main chemical ingredient is metaldehyde.
Just be carful after you use you do not try to fix a dish of Escargot from the snail left lying around in the yard.

parrot
udonmap.com

Credit where credits due

Post by parrot » June 18, 2015, 12:13 am

If you google methaldehyde ไทย images, you'll get a good idea what the packaging looks like........show and tell when you go shopping........if you have a smartphone.

pomps
udonmap.com

Credit where credits due

Post by pomps » July 29, 2015, 3:45 pm

Have to agree with bobhelm.just sampled the papafarang beetroot in the large jar form.bloomin marvellous 8)

macca46
udonmap.com

Credit where credits due

Post by macca46 » July 29, 2015, 6:10 pm

It sure leaves the 57 varieties for dead which comes from the UK I will stick with Deans, the big jar is also cheaper,

papafarang
udonmap.com

Credit where credits due

Post by papafarang » July 29, 2015, 9:11 pm

glad everyone likes them , unfortunately there's been a small hiccup as my jar supplier could not get the 24oz jars, the next batch will come in 16oz, but this will only be temporary until existing stock is used up, I now have a much better supplier who keeps the large jars in stock and can get me as many as I like within 48 hours. just made my life a bit easier. even us suppliers have to rely on other suppliers
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

747man
udonmap.com

Credit where credits due

Post by 747man » July 30, 2015, 2:03 am

pomps wrote:Have to agree with bobhelm.just sampled the papafarang beetroot in the large jar form.bloomin marvellous 8)
I Have to Apologise to Dean..............But I'm Making My Own,It's A Doddle !! :D :D

papafarang
udonmap.com

Credit where credits due

Post by papafarang » July 31, 2015, 12:52 am

747man wrote:
pomps wrote:Have to agree with bobhelm.just sampled the papafarang beetroot in the large jar form.bloomin marvellous 8)
I Have to Apologise to Dean..............But I'm Making My Own,It's A Doddle !! :D :D
yeh but mines gold plated :D and can you get me 80 jars for sat morning ? :D :D :D
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”