Do you have a Health Insurance?

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Stantheman
udonmap.com

Re: Do you have a Health Insurance?

Post by Stantheman » March 26, 2019, 4:39 am

UdonExpat wrote:
March 25, 2019, 11:57 pm
Stantheman wrote:
March 19, 2019, 6:34 am
UdonExpat wrote:
March 19, 2019, 3:31 am
I like my health insurance, although I'd like it more if it was less expensive. As a US Govt annuitant I have many choices for health insurance for my wife and myself. One I've found easy for overseas claims costs me $369 a month this year. The government pays an additional $1,108. So the total cost is $1,477 a month. The cost increases every year.
Will you plz provide name of the company you are using?
I use FEP Blue Cross/Blue Shield. I use the Basic Plan. https://www.fepblue.org/
Thanks, will look at next open season. Currently using GEHA as 2nd payer to Medicare(which not usable outside U.S.)

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » March 26, 2019, 7:51 am

Started the poll 18/3..now 10 days later..only a few of you answered..okey still time left BUT i think ALOT of us living here are/choose to NOT have any Health Insurance at all.I might be wrong but my gut feeling and those expats I talked too,choose NOT to..and the reason manily beeing...TOO EXPENSIVE.

Come on now,more votes/post please...Have a great day...:-)
Best regards
//DuiDui

“May we ever choose the harder right, instead of the easier wrong.” — Thomas Monson

"To grow and mature demands time and willingness to learn from your own misstakes"

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » March 26, 2019, 7:56 am

YES! WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. Better just save your money

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » March 26, 2019, 8:03 am

agree 100% self insure and use the government hospitals, all the private ones are purely business's for max rip off.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » March 26, 2019, 8:42 am

I have a Medicare Supplement policy with Massachusetts Blue Cross Blue Shield. The foreign coverage is that if the expense is something that Medicare would cover in the U.S., my BCBS policy will cover it outside the U.S. No copay/deductible, coverage is 100% starting with dollar number one, regardless of where I am. And, amazingly, Bumrungrad is a member hospital of Massachusetts BCBS, although that doesn't change the coverage, -- just an interesting tidbit.

While each BCBS company is an entirely separate entity, I believe that similar coverage is available from insurers in many other states.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 26, 2019, 9:24 am

My wife and I are covered under the military medical program. If someone were considering moving here without some sort of insurance......or hefty savings set aside specifically for medical coverage, my advice would be......don't come

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » March 26, 2019, 11:57 am

Too late now.I am settled in .If I get anything serious, I will just live it out.
I'm on a countdown anyway.Had my fun and now as good as it gets

Return to “Health & Beauty”