electric fence unit

General Udon Thani topics only!
maaka
udonmap.com

electric fence unit

Post by maaka » May 14, 2017, 8:58 am

someone here asked me about my electric fence unit, that I made up back home ( and will do here ) to power my stock fencing. Its 12volt and will power 20km of wire fencing, and it throws out 1.8 joules of juice, enough to make you only touch it once, and never again..

I used plywood back home as easier, but will use another material here, and also raise it off the ground out of the wet,on a concrete pad. The Pos and Neg on the energiser run out thru the wall to circuit breakers and thus onto the the fence.. I have 7 fields and can have them all going, or just the one the stock are in merely by flipping a breaker..its a 40watt solar panel, and a 70amp hour (12v ) battery..didnt really need the switch or the ceramic fuse blocks, but they are there in case of lightening strike..I dont really have to touch it, and it is going now while I am here in Siam..
Attachments
electric_unit_3.jpg
electric_fence_unit2.jpg
electric_fence_unit1a.jpg

rjj04
udonmap.com

Re: electric fence unit

Post by rjj04 » May 14, 2017, 9:24 am

Cool

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 14, 2017, 9:48 am

That's a good simple thing to put together maaka, I like it.
Mmmmm perhaps I could install along the top of the wall around the land. Wonder if a warning sign is required in Thailand?
Attachments
Fence.jpg

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » May 14, 2017, 10:31 am

you can run it anywhere as long as the wire is not earthing out, and you can have the control inside the garage, or house, me I made it near the fence so when I am moving stock from one field to another I can reach throw the fence and open and close circuit breakers ( not seen in photos ) without loosing stride..I actually have a trip wire around my tractor shed to keep stock out, but also to twack someone creeping around at night..

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » May 14, 2017, 10:40 am

PS..re a sign. read some old chats here in Siam about dudes back in the early 2000's using electric fencing as security, and all hell breaking loose when some old dear with bamboo pole leant across the fence and got the hell twack, but seen then electric fencing is used in security, and agri..me here I will build a stock fence if I can find high tensile wire, then run an electric wire inside that, using outriggers, so one only gets a shock if they climb over the fence..then if all hell breaks loose in the village because someone got twacked, then I will say what were they doing inside my fence..I will probably use signs also, but it defeats the purpose security wise..dont know the legal requirements re signs or electric fences here in Siam

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » May 15, 2017, 10:28 am

Off topic, but attempted to treat a rabbit shooter in Tassie in the late 70's

Had 2 rabbits in his hand as he attempted to cross an electric fence, put both of them on the top wire, got a jolt big time, shot gun went off and blew his leg to bits, and he died, from bleeding out.

Slightly outdated topic but same questions to think about

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/17 ... ric-fence/

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”