English Premier League 2016/17

General sports news and discussions.
goodison
udonmap.com

Re: English Premier League 2016/17

Post by goodison » April 17, 2017, 6:58 am

Decent Synopsis Bob. Just omitted to mention Anders Herrera's application to join the NBA?

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 17, 2017, 7:30 am

:D goodison, but what a pass once he used his feet..
Both United goals were more than a little fortuitous, however Chelsea got just about all they deserved out of the game. Both Hazard & Costa were well below par, maybe due to uncertainty about where they will be playing next season. The pair are a couple of the reasons why Chelsea are top of the pile but on yesterday's showing the club should snatch the hand of any decent offer.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 17, 2017, 8:08 am

West Brom 0 Liverpool 1
Not much of a game as West Brom are always well organized defensively but rely on set pieces for their main goal threat.
Surprisingly,they slipped up just before half time which let Firmino in for the winner.The match only really livened up in the last few minutes when keeper,Foster,joined the attack as the Baggies belatedly chased an equalizer.
A very important 3 points for Liverpool in their battle for Champions League football next season.

Manchester United 2 Chelsea 0
Well,what a surprise ! :D This is probably the best I've seen United play since Sir Alex left.Fast,direct play,exciting to watch....just like old times,really !Rashford,in particular and Lingard gave the Chelsea defence a harrowing time throughout.Herrera snuffed out Hazard more or less completely.Pretty easy for Bailly and Rojo against Costa whose intimidating style failed for once.I think Chelsea were surprised at the tempo United played and never really got going until the last 20 minutes.
Its rumoured mat80 has phoned Jose Mourinho,personally,to thank him for giving The Spuds a whiff of the title ! \:D/
Still Chelseas to lose,though.......
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 18, 2017, 3:33 pm

Oh,yeah.....last night.....Middlesborough 1 Arsenal 2
Boro looking certain for the drop.......Arsenal unlikely to make the top 4.......only interest,really,is it keeps mat80's hopes alive of winning a couple of bottles of Chardonnay ! :badteeth:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 21, 2017, 12:45 pm

Because its an FA Cup semi finals weekend the EPL matches are staggered this week with games on Saturday,Sunday,Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday.
Heres the weekends games......
9pm Saturday Thai: Bournemouth v Middlesborough,Hull v Watford,Swansea v Stoke,West Ham v Everton.
8.15pm Sunday Thai: Burnley v Manchester United.
10.30pm Sunday Thai: Liverpool v Crystal Palace.

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » April 21, 2017, 4:59 pm

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 21, 2017, 7:34 pm

Yes,very sad news.I'm sure most guys on the forum will remember him playing for Aston Villa and Middlesborough.
He was still playing in 2009......44 is no age is it.....RIP.

"Former England and Aston Villa defender Ugo Ehiogu has died at the age of 44 after suffering a cardiac arrest at Tottenham's training centre on Thursday.
A Spurs statement said Ehiogu died in hospital in the early hours of Friday.
Ehiogu, who was Spurs' Under-23s coach, was capped four times by England.
"Words cannot express the shock and sadness that we all feel at the club," said Tottenham's head of coaching and development John McDermott.
"Ugo's immense presence will be irreplaceable."

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 22, 2017, 12:40 pm

Desperate news..... :(
At least upfront we can play Rashford,Lingard and Martial with a bit of pace but in central defence have to hope nothing happens to Bailly and/or Blind.

From the Daily Record.
"Manchester United will be without both Marcos Rojo and Zlatan Ibrahimovic for the rest of the season after both players ruptured cruciate ligaments in Thursday's Europa League quarter-final defeat of Anderlecht.
Rojo, who has established himself as a first-choice defender in Jose Mourinho 's side, was hopeful that he'd escaped serious injury after overloading the tendons of his left knee in a first-half tackle. However, a series of medical examinations on Friday diagnosed a torn anterior cruciate ligament
The Argentina international is scheduled to undergo reconstructive surgery. According to sources close to the player, he is not expected to play again until September.
Ibrahimovic's injury - caused by hyperextension of the right knee as the forward landed following an aerial challenge - is understood to be worse than Rojo. United's leading goalscorer has ruptured both anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments with an expected recovery period of nine to 12 months.
It is extremely unusual for a professional football club to lose two players to cruciate ligament ruptures in the same match. Mourinho's staff believe the injuries are linked to an extremely dense fixture schedule – United have played significantly more matches than any other Premier League club and were two-thirds of the way through a run of nine fixtures this month alone."

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 23, 2017, 10:23 am

Bournemouth 4 Middlesborough 0
Hull 2 Watford 0
Swansea 2 Stoke 0
West Ham 0 Everton 0

Rampant Bournemouth look almost safe now but Boro surely down after a 16 game winless run.
Hull were reduced to 10 men after Niasse was sent off in the 25th minute and were clinging on at half time.A brave,battling performance in the 2nd half gave them the 3 points and a big boost to their Premiership survival.
A big win for Swansea,also,to keep their hopes alive.The match hinged on a missed penalty by Stoke in the second half with Swansea grabbing their second goal moments later.
West Ham v Everton.....what a dire match ! Unfortunately I must have watched over half of it.Everton had the possession but not one single short on target with the Hammers looking the most likely winners.A poor Everton performance that could only give disappointment to Ronald Koeman,747man and his faithful sidekick,goodison ! ;)

Tonight.....Burnley v United 8.15pm Thai,Liverpool v Palace 10.30pm Thai.

Also the second FA Cup semi final between Manchester City and Arsenal at 9pm Thai.....hope its as good as last nights game which was a cracker.The Spuds were a bit unlucky as they looked the most likely winners for the first hour but two cracking goals from Hazard and Matic won the game for Chelsea.....Hazard coming on as a sub actually made the difference.
Was Chelseas second goal a penalty ? Certainly a reckless challenge from Son but he did seem to pull back and Moses just dived over him without contact.....but a difficult one for the ref and penalties have been given for less.

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » April 23, 2017, 6:09 pm

It took Everton until the 70th minute to register their first proper attempt - Lookman dragging a shot wide from outside the box - before Koeman rolled the dice one last time by introducing Dominic Calvert-Lewin soon after.Fortunately there was plenty of Snooker to keep me awake plus the Chelski (visitors to Goodison next Saturday) versus Spuds game wasn't too shabby. Oumar Niasse received a diabolical Red Card in the Hull v Watford game for hanging his right leg out to dry. I think they'll appeal and win on Video evidence. Plenty of midweek games coming up more Shift work, pays for The "Castle creek".

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 24, 2017, 7:37 am

score.png
score.png (9.93 KiB) Viewed 918 times
Out of favour/recovered from injury Martial & Rooney score first half goals for a pretty comfortable victory.
Big Sam's sides have all had a pretty good record against a succession of Pool mangers & so it proved again. Christian Benteke (who it is fair to say did not set the world on fire while at Pool) scored either side of half time to take the points..

But the games just keep coming this week..
fixtures.png

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 24, 2017, 11:04 am

Straight From The Horses Mouth..........'There is no excuse, there is nothing good to say' - Jurgen Klopp blasts Liverpool after Crystal Palace defeat..........

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 24, 2017, 11:52 am

At least United with all their injury problems won,eh,Alan ! Made your night,I bet ! \:D/
Massive game this Thursday night now.....Citeh v United.....kick off 2am Friday in Thailand.

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » April 24, 2017, 12:15 pm

I was gutted i never put a bet on,was gonner do liverpool 1-2 palace with benteke to score,also both terms to score palace win,would of made the defeat a bit easier :? even when liverpool went 1 up still had a feeling palace would win,benteke was always going to score

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 24, 2017, 4:31 pm

TAXIfor7/11 wrote:I was gutted i never put a bet on,was gonner do liverpool 1-2 palace with benteke to score,also both terms to score palace win,would of made the defeat a bit easier :? even when liverpool went 1 up still had a feeling palace would win,benteke was always going to score
Oooooooohhh !! You Little FIBBER !!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 24, 2017, 10:54 pm

747man wrote:
TAXIfor7/11 wrote:I was gutted i never put a bet on,was gonner do liverpool 1-2 palace with benteke to score,also both terms to score palace win,would of made the defeat a bit easier :? even when liverpool went 1 up still had a feeling palace would win,benteke was always going to score
Oooooooohhh !! You Little FIBBER !!!!
Dont know about Taxi, but some of us have proof :-" .... wasn't exactly the hardest prediction of the season was it :lol:
1.png
2.jpg

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » April 25, 2017, 6:57 am

need to congratulate the Toon on their Promotion to ensure at least 1 N.E. Club in Premier League next season.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 26, 2017, 5:21 pm

Arrests as Newcastle and West Ham raided in tax probe
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-39716009

Oh dear, oh dear.
Hard to believe of clubs owned by such above board 'businessmen' David Sullivan and David Gold and Mike Ashley.. :D

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » April 26, 2017, 10:07 pm

JOEY BARTON BANNED FOR 18 MONTHS http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39720232

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 27, 2017, 8:14 am

score.png
The Gunners are rather fortunate that a late own goal gives them all the points.
Middlesbrough win their first game of the year to all but send Sunderland to the Championship. To be honest it is very difficult to see any result other than these sides will meet again a couple of times next year!!
Tottenham continue to keep Chelsea honest at the run in to the end of the season, but it is still hard to see them claiming the top spot. Pretty typical display from a Big Sam side & not many of the next season's contenders will relish their games against Palace..

Return to “World Sports”