Expat health Insurance

Insurance -- Do you need it? Where to buy it?
Rono
udonmap.com

Expat health Insurance

Post by Rono » July 19, 2016, 7:03 am

I do not know (could not find in history of forum) if this expat insurance has been discussed already in this forum. But I 've learned that when something looks too good to be true, one should always first look for a snake or a fish before "jumping in any such waters"
I got information on Facebook about this company "ASSUDIS" from "Nederlanders Oversee" This goes for expats from a lot of European countries, including Great Britain; Expat insurance for those who do not have health insurance. 450 Euro a year for a person and 1180 for a family. No age limits, no check ups and up to 500.00 baht medical bills. Now I get a telephone number of a guy in Thailand (Edmond, tel nr. 089-831 5012) Who claims to have used this service already. And everybody can always call him for more information about this health insurance. I do not know where else to look for the snake or the fish so I hope to get some advice/answers from people on this forum
Anybody??

pal52
udonmap.com

Expat health Insurance

Post by pal52 » July 19, 2016, 7:49 am

Why not contact Peter at AA Insurance.
They have different policy's from different countries.
He has held meetings with expats in this area & is very helpful
http://www.aainsure.net

tutone
udonmap.com

Expat health Insurance

Post by tutone » July 19, 2016, 9:16 am

I would be skeptical of any company advertising on Facebook. I also did a quick internet search that turned up very little, nothing that would make me think this is a well established company. And for those prices, as the saying goes, "If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't." It may be worth investigating some more, but my gut feeling is either a scam or not able to fulfill it's promises. What website are you looking at that describes their costs and benefits. I can't find anything.

colt1911
udonmap.com

Expat health Insurance

Post by colt1911 » July 19, 2016, 10:08 am

I second Pal52's recommendation. Peter is a Sponsor here on the Map. He is a rep for several insurance companies and can help you compare coverage and costs. It is not Exclusive Expat insurance. Thais can purchase insurance as well. I bought coverage for my lady. He is a rep for all types of insurance: Health, Auto, Bike.......Remember the older you are the higher the cost for health insurance. Regards

colt1911
udonmap.com

Expat health Insurance

Post by colt1911 » July 19, 2016, 10:13 am

Oh! If my memory serves me correctly you can purchase Health insurance up to age 70 from some companies. Once you have it you are good to go until you checkout of this life.

Rono
udonmap.com

Expat health Insurance

Post by Rono » July 19, 2016, 2:20 pm

http://www.axa-assistance-th.com/bassline.php?p=2453
Thanks to everyone who answered . And Hi Tutone, you probably looked for assudis insurance. But they are the brokers. The company should be AXA assistance. They have offices in Bangkok too. all kind of insurance policies This special expat insurance policy is for expats from the EURo countries, including Sweden and Norway. Recommended on Facebook by Dutch Expats Club (Nederlanders Overzee!) and this mister Edmond.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Expat health Insurance

Post by Nigglyb » July 19, 2016, 7:35 pm

Rono wrote:This special expat insurance policy is for expats from the EURo countries
I guess us Little Britainers had better get a jiggle on if we want to take advantage of this :D
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

d p meijer
udonmap.com

Expat health Insurance

Post by d p meijer » July 20, 2016, 7:58 am

i hope i am wrong not believing in fairy tales .

but this is what i find on internet

Assudis is AXA assistence.
they offer assistence / managing claims on the contract mentioned.

no Insurance .

Rono
udonmap.com

Expat health Insurance

Post by Rono » July 20, 2016, 8:16 am

I ll try to copy the page; it is all in dutch, but you'll see ASSUDIS, and AXA assistance and EXPAT Verzekeringen. EXPAT VERZEKERING (= insurance)
Copy and paste the page is not succesfull but I found the link.

http://nederlandersoverzee.com/page/verzekeringen

so you guys can take a look at it.

Recommended by an expat named EDmond van der voet, with picture of him and wife? complete with telephone number

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Expat health Insurance

Post by ting_tong » July 20, 2016, 8:17 am

just go directly to BUPA, skip the middle man and BS....after spending my time filling out forms only to get turned down, and going to 2 "middle man & middle lady" and wasting my time..... I went directly to BUPA, paid and have insurance

the "middle lady" did not even notify me that I had no coverage or that I was not accepted, watch out for her! her office is on ring road after bobay

d p meijer
udonmap.com

Expat health Insurance

Post by d p meijer » July 20, 2016, 9:44 am

once more

what is that paper telling you . i can read . i am dutch.

it is about an Insurance for travel /repatriate costs.
no Insurance for operation/treatment in / out patient .

only assistence and costs as stated above here .

no coverage for medical/hospital

AA Ins Broker
udonmap.com

Expat health Insurance

Post by AA Ins Broker » July 20, 2016, 1:57 pm

Rono
If you are talking about ‘Nederlanders Overzee’ on Fb then we are happy to inform you AA Insurance Brokers have an agreement with them, they send all insurance inquiries to us apart from customers who wish to take out an AXA travel insurance from Europe.
This is because we have two managers who are Dutch nationals making explanations far easier than dealing in English

The AXA travel policy is a standard policy (which we can offer) but for those taken from Europe the Claims process is via the AXA Assistance office where the local AXA policy can be dealt with quicker here.

Peter
AA Insurance Brokers : www.aainsure.net

Rono
udonmap.com

Expat health Insurance

Post by Rono » July 21, 2016, 9:25 am

Oops, sorry for my post. I saw on my facebook page EXPAT INSURANCE, recommended by Nederlanders Overzee.
I just did not know that Expats were travelers!

Return to “Insurance”