Export Shop

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
parrot
udonmap.com

Export Shop

Post by parrot » October 4, 2017, 6:33 pm

Long ago I realized that a size 32 waist pair of jeans bought in Thailand is a far cry from a size 32 waist jean sold in the US. The Thai cut is different, tighter at the thigh, crotch, waist.
So, on trips to the US, one of the few remaining (about the only) shopping item I have remaining is a few pairs of jeans.
Briefs were on my shopping list until a few years ago.....on an excursion to the Export Shop, I found high quality Costco (Kirtland) brand briefs....the real deal at a good price. They weren't seconds, as far as I could tell. And recently, I found higher quality Haynes and Reebock briefs in the Export Shop. Interesting (to me)......the Reebock briefs were made in Laos.
In the early days of the Export Shop in Udon, many of the products were clearly seconds. Today, if they're seconds, it's hard for me to tell. The fit and quality is as good as anything I've bought in the US.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Re: Export Shop

Post by Nigglyb » October 4, 2017, 8:09 pm

Do you know what, I've noticed the same thing with jeans & I thought it was just me. I've got some Diesel jeans bought in the UK that fit perfectly. I bought another pair of exactly the same brand, style & supposed cut in MBK & whenever I bend over I treat anyone behind to a view of my perfectly formed, pert butt :shock: I thought it was just me losing my curves which were holding them in place but perhaps not
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 4, 2017, 8:22 pm

Its not exactly rocket science guys ........ Trousers and Briefs in Thailand are manufactured for Thais and therefore (on average) do not need as much room in that area as a farang would expect.
Same Same with Thai (WESTERN) toilets ......... getting a bit better and larger now, but years ago you ended up with a wet d*ck almost every time you had a cr*p as the distance from seat to water level was far too small.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » October 4, 2017, 10:04 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
October 4, 2017, 8:22 pm
Its not exactly rocket science guys ........
i know its not rocket science, I just wanted to make a post about my buttocks which for once would be on topic ;)
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 5, 2017, 11:12 am

Nigglyb wrote:
October 4, 2017, 10:04 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
October 4, 2017, 8:22 pm
Its not exactly rocket science guys ........
i know its not rocket science, I just wanted to make a post about my buttocks which for once would be on topic ;)
Aye... as granny would say, "There's nuthin' queer as fowk."

The "71 Export" outlets used to have a broad range of over-sized stuff, all seconds and a lot of brand name stuff, regionally made that hadn't passed muster of the foreign buyer's. One did have to ignore the size on an factory labeling and take note of the size hand-written on the shops own tags. It was also a good idea to try stuff on in the fitting rooms if in doubt. Lately, their larger sizes have reduced in quantity and variety.

The "Export Shop" hasn't seen me for a while as they seem to have even less of stuff with long enough arms and back for my admittedly very imposing almost regal stature (not fat).

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”