First time visit to Udon immigration

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
Dogfood

First time visit to Udon immigration

Post by Dogfood » October 9, 2016, 1:18 pm

Soon I’ll have to renew my retirement visa.

When living in Udon I always used a Non-O and duly did my 3 monthly visits to Lao.
But the last 2 years I was in Pattaya and got there a year visa with 3 monthly reporting.
My income statement was made by the Austrian consulate and accepted by immigration, just like that and in English.

I have no experience with the Udon immigration and hence my questions :

Will that document from the Austrian consulate be ok for the Udon immigration or do I need to have it legalized ?
If so, can that be done in Udon ?

Are there - for the ones that know - differences in the procedure between Udon and Pattaya ?

Thanks for your answer(s),

DF

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: First time visit to Udon immigration

Post by Khun Paul » October 10, 2016, 6:43 am

In truth have no idea, the British one has a seal on it and as long as you take the original letter, that is OK, I would suggest you seek advice from Immigration themselves, they will advise whether the Austrian letter needs to be legalised or not.
They will also want an up to date letter, preferably less than 4 months old, so you may need to acquire another one for your purposes.

Dogfood

Post by Dogfood » October 10, 2016, 9:16 am

Thanks Khun Paul. Just to clarify, I will travel to Pattaya to get this income (new) statement.

Asking immigrations is a good idea but if somebody knows, I would avoid traveling to Udon, I don't live close...

udonmap.com

Post by 12345 » October 10, 2016, 9:31 am

income statement good for 6 months

stereolab
udonmap.com

Post by stereolab » October 10, 2016, 1:06 pm

I would try making contact via the web, if it is a long distance to travel, there are a number of contact e-mail addresses on Google, check them out, not all will be valid. You need Udon Thani office specific information before proceeding, and possibly wasting your time.

Dogfood

Post by Dogfood » October 10, 2016, 8:03 pm

I phoned immigration in Udon and the man I spoke to told me that in Udon as well now they expect the income statement to be stamped in Chaeng Wattana.

I wasn't sure if he really knew, but driving to the imm dept for once a year is not the biggest of things, so to be sure I will go there.

Thanks for your answers !

Dogfood

Post by Dogfood » February 23, 2018, 8:08 pm

A year after this visit I came in with an income statement that was not stamped in Chaeng Wattana, and nobody cared at Udon immigration...

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » February 23, 2018, 9:41 pm

12345 wrote:
October 10, 2016, 9:31 am
income statement good for 6 months
1 month in Loei are you sure

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 25, 2018, 7:36 am

Did my retirement extension last December and Udon IO, like Jomtien IO, did not need the income letter from the British embassy endorsed by anyone.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » February 26, 2018, 2:11 pm

I do not think Udon has ever asked for an official income statement from an embassy to be legalised (did mine in january). But some offices do. Hope the idea never catches on as it is a pain, though i assume (?) it can be done by post?

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”