Flight booking agent for EVA flights

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
arjay
udonmap.com

Flight booking agent for EVA flights

Post by arjay » January 4, 2006, 11:28 pm

I want to book an EVA Air flight, from BKK to LHR and back, so the flight would be originating in Thailand. Does anyone know of an agent in Thailand who would be cheaper than using EVA's online system?
Thanks

Rj

farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » January 5, 2006, 2:05 am

rapport service&travel
539/4 prajak road
A.muang nong khai 43000
nong khai
tel : 042460567

worth a call mate :wink:
www.udonmap.com

tenbyboy
udonmap.com

Post by tenbyboy » January 5, 2006, 2:09 am

Last edited by tenbyboy on January 30, 2006, 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » January 11, 2006, 2:19 am

You can telephone their Bangkok office.
66-2-2400890

Last week, after several frustrating visits to their web site, I called the Los Angeles reservations number (I am in the U.S. right now). The reservationist was able to sell me the filghts I wanted at the best price (saving me a bundle over what I kept coming up with on their web site). She even advised me to move my flight date by one day to save even more money.

I have never flown of EVA Ariways, and thus am not a dedicated customer (yet, anyway), but I was very happy with the service from the Los Angeles office.

By the way the telephone number for Los Angeles Reservations is:
1-800-695-1188

madpsyontist
udonmap.com

Post by madpsyontist » January 11, 2006, 2:54 am

yeah, i'm a big fan of EVA myself. i flew from seattle to BKK last year and the year before on EVA and will be doing so this year as well in Feb. i tried to get my tix online at their website but it kept saying that my return date was before my departure date. apparently there was a glitch with the website so i just booked it through my travel agent. It ended being a couple dollars cheaper than on the website.

i like the fact everyone gets their own monitor instead of everyone on the plane watch the same thing.

tony

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » January 11, 2006, 3:30 am

Ifound the following person to be of great help for EVA in the US. She is Thai. Her name is Op(pronounced Up) phone number is:

Op apex travel 713-784-5300

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » January 12, 2006, 2:28 am

Arjay,

Who did you book them through going the other way i.e. LHR - BKK? Its not usually an option for me because of short notice, but I would'nt mind giving them a try if possible as all the reports I have heard are good

John

Stevo
udonmap.com

Re: Flight booking agent for EVA flights

Post by Stevo » January 12, 2006, 4:51 am

arjay wrote:I want to book an EVA Air flight, from BKK to LHR and back, so the flight would be originating in Thailand. Does anyone know of an agent in Thailand who would be cheaper than using EVA's online system?
Thanks

Rj
Hi arjay,
can't help you with the Thai agent bit.... but I can sing praise for this airline.
Used them for my last visit (sept 05'-nov05') and although the food was the worst I have ever had on a flight, everything else was excellent :D

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » January 12, 2006, 8:15 am

I think its only good if you use the option of evergreen deluxe - a step up between economy and business class and about 150 pounds extra (10,000 baht) The seats are larger and have footrests the food is different to economy class and each seat has a seat back tv. Its as close as you can get to business class without the expense.
I found economy class just like all the others - not pleasant for 12 hours.
And the food was ok in my opinion - not much different from other airlines. Not delicious but you don't starve.

Paul

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » January 12, 2006, 3:59 pm

I wanted to use EVA's Evergreen deluxe service, but they are getting quite expensive, that is why I asked for recommendations of agencies dealing with EVA.

However, in the end, I booked direct online, last week. On B777's Evergreen deluxe is now known as "Elite" class. So I booked that and chose my seats all online, last week, thanks

Rj

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » January 12, 2006, 5:31 pm

Paul wrote:I think its only good if you use the option of evergreen deluxe - a step up between economy and business class and about 150 pounds extra (10,000 baht) The seats are larger and have footrests the food is different to economy class and each seat has a seat back tv. Its as close as you can get to business class without the expense.
I found economy class just like all the others - not pleasant for 12 hours.
And the food was ok in my opinion - not much different from other airlines. Not delicious but you don't starve.

Paul
True enough Paul... I've heard "Evergreen club" is worth joining, although even economy class has the seat back tv/video/internet, but as a short arse myself, I don't need the extra seat size, and my "mair yai" can pack me a lot of nice snacks for 10.000 baht :wink:
When I return in April, I am flying with BA/Quantas..... so I won't expect as much :lol: ( EVA are quite expensive by comparison this year)

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » January 12, 2006, 6:05 pm

BA/ Quantas Economy=31 inches seat pitch. EVA Economy=34 inches. EVA Evergreen Deluxe/Elite = 38 inches.

Evergreen deluxe is an enhanced economy class, not a club. You don't have to join. Though there is a frequent flyer club.

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » January 12, 2006, 7:15 pm

Stevo wrote: True enough Paul... I've heard "Evergreen club" is worth joining, although even economy class has the seat back tv/video/internet, but as a short arse myself, I don't need the extra seat size, and my "mair yai" can pack me a lot of nice snacks for 10.000 baht :wink:
When I return in April, I am flying with BA/Quantas..... so I won't expect as much :lol: ( EVA are quite expensive by comparison this year)
EVA are more than BA?? Well having just enjoyed the trip (dis)courtesy of BA (not by choice I might add), I am a short ass too and that 31 inch seat pitch is painful after 11 plus hours. That is the standard used on regional or cut price operators for shorthaul. BA Business Class on that flight I noted was 34 inch. Ohhh and if Quantas operate it, it is still going LHR - Stanstead - BKK (hopefully resolved by April) adding 90 minutes plus.

Take your own snacks on the BA flight too... I'm not food picky or expect too much from airline food but that was pretty bad too!!

John

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » January 12, 2006, 7:53 pm

yorkman wrote:
Stevo wrote: True enough Paul... I've heard "Evergreen club" is worth joining, although even economy class has the seat back tv/video/internet, but as a short arse myself, I don't need the extra seat size, and my "mair yai" can pack me a lot of nice snacks for 10.000 baht :wink:
EVA are more than BA?? Well having just enjoyed the trip (dis)courtesy of BA (not by choice I might add), I am a short ass too and that 31 inch seat pitch is painful after 11 plus hours. That is the standard used on regional or cut price operators for shorthaul. BA Business Class on that flight I noted was 34 inch. Ohhh and if Quantas operate it, it is still going LHR - Stanstead - BKK (hopefully resolved by April) adding 90 minutes plus.

Take your own snacks on the BA flight too... I'm not food picky or expect too much from airline food but that was pretty bad too!!

John
yorkman,
Thanks for the info John, and yes... BA economy is ฃ130 less than EVA economy for the period that I am flying. I don't consider myself that picky for food really, but after 3 months of delicious home cooked Thai cuisine.. I find it hard to stomach the plastic crap inflight meals :-& ..
Stevo

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » January 12, 2006, 8:24 pm

Ok Stevo, thanks; thats saved me some time.

As an aside it surprises me a bit that EVA do not operate more flights as they seem to fill them. It cannot be route licences as they have not bid for more in 2006 (according to somebody who is involved in this) and it cannot be aircraft lease costs as they are at an all time low after 9/11 (about $200,000 per month for what they operate, recoverable in a week or so of operation in that market segment

For 2007 Virgin Express have bid for the route as part of the move to cut price longhaul. Downside? Its out of Brussels. Upside? Everything else :lol:

John

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » January 12, 2006, 8:47 pm

Have a look at this:

http://www.airlinequality.com/Product/seats_global.htm

There are also drop down menus with passenger reviews.

I would rate EVA above Thai and Thai above BA. Though you are right that EVA don't fly every day, and only one flight a day, unlike Thai or BA.

They used to carry cargo at the back!

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » January 13, 2006, 2:50 am

For those based in the UK, EVA also offer free coach travel to LHR from anywhere in England (allegedly), and like what has been mentioned with the new 777 on the go, sound's like they sure have bought things up to speed :)

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » January 13, 2006, 3:04 am

Thai are well above BA Arjay, it sort of pains me to say. They operate older 747-400 without the seatback stuff (I'd prefer to crash out with a book and the extra legroom, better food, and polite and non intrusive service myself) and they get there on time, every time (after maybe 40 round trips with them I can judge a bit)

As for EVA, I envy you....you can flex your timetables a bit, if I could, I would

Return to “Travel & Transport”