Flooding in Udon Thani today

Udon Thani news, views and comments
FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 23, 2014, 4:31 am

On Huai Luang dam.. Remember, last year was not a good rainy season. Based on a nearby village pond excavation on the east side it appeared to me the water table was nearly 5 meters deeper than normal. I've seen that pond start to fill back up although it doesn't have any significant drainage into it.. If it gets full by the end of the rainy season I'd reckon the water table is recharged.. I'm sure the same problem with low water tables applies to Huai Luang too..
Dave

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » August 28, 2014, 2:14 am

What an absolute shower tonight :D ,hope the reservoir was in its path [-o<
Every little helps 8)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 28, 2014, 7:38 am

Judging by the small dips in my garden taking ever so much longer to drain ( so that I can cut the graa), I must therefore assume that the underground water table is topping up nicely, which therefore also m,eans that water will start flowing into the dams more readily. My well is full , my garden is floating in some parts all si well apart from the Roayl irrigation dept forward planning on dam retention, by letting more go then normal to counter the rain. Logical thinking is not a strong suit in Thai Govt Agencies is it !!

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » September 5, 2014, 4:08 am

Looks like plenty more to come,have they solved the flooding in Udon since the last one a few days ago :-k
http://www.tmd.go.th/en/region.php?RegionID=2

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » September 5, 2014, 7:51 am

After last night's heavy rain (still continuing ), does anyone know the road conditions (driving/flooding) between Nong Khai - Udon Thani - Loie this morning?

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » September 5, 2014, 8:20 am

The bus (route) in question goes through Udon Thani, not around the ring road (Nong Khai to Nong Bua Lamphu).

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 5, 2014, 8:30 am

Indeed very heavy rainfall over night has left parts of town semi flooded , the ring rd storm drain was on the brink at 7.30 as i did the school run and traffic was horrendulus , the rain has just eased up after several hours of constant and heavy precipitation........ reminds me of Scunthorpe IN SUMMER !! without the hose pipe ban.

DM

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » September 5, 2014, 9:20 am

I poured out slightly over 2 inches (51mm) of overnight rain from our rain gage in Ban Jan this morning.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » September 5, 2014, 6:26 pm

I'm glad you posted this, I was thinking the problem was exclusive to First Homes. We still streets with flooding from last nights rain and it looks like a lot more to come, over the next week.

The farm Towns edge of Nong Bua an Nong Sai, most of the ponds full to capacity and running over. That was three days ago.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » September 5, 2014, 9:52 pm

Well, we had well OVER 2 inches last night, cannot say how much more because everything overflowed ..... water over topped a wall along the road and flooded part of the house to a depth of 4 inches, and all ponds now overflowing (they had risen by about 4 inches overnight). But most of the standing water quickly drained away and we were dry by 10 am. Been out and about twice in Udon during the day and no problems (also road to Nong Khai OK). So must say both our local and city drainage do seem to be working.

Techland
udonmap.com

Post by Techland » September 6, 2014, 9:08 am

The 'never seen before' so high flooding in First Home had been caused by a blocked tube (the main one to get the water out) in the front of the development. Lots of trash and nonsense in there. That has been fixed yesterday, so it should not happen that quick again.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 6, 2014, 11:16 pm

The problem with many drains in Udon, especially those put in by the developer is that they tend to underestimate the size of pipe they require and with almost total lack of planning enforcement then they put in the smallest they can get away with to save money.

bigsnake
udonmap.com

Post by bigsnake » September 8, 2014, 9:59 am

72 hours little or no Rain, things are looking better. "HANGING IN THERE SUNSHINE"

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » September 8, 2014, 10:11 am

The weather Dept really missed on this one, thank goodness.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 8, 2014, 10:21 am

Slightly off topic, but there are reports that China is about to release god knows how much water into the Mekong.
"Experts"? are suggesting the Mekong could rise by 3m next week, which could be a bit of a problem for Nong Khai as it is currently only 2.2m from flood level

Return to “Udon Thani News”