Food Supplements-Not for Resale

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
Dakoda
udonmap.com

Food Supplements-Not for Resale

Post by Dakoda » October 3, 2005, 7:22 am

Wondering if anyone has ordered and had shipped to Thailand, Food Supplements? Wondering what customs laws concerning the shipment of dietary supplements, Duty / VAT ? Shipper says package will be marked "Food Supplements-Not for Resale".

Maybe just not worth the problems, or cheaper to go to Singapore to buy?

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » December 1, 2005, 12:15 pm

If you can get the supplier to ship via regular post the officials here will leave the package alone. They only seem to attach duty to anything arriving by FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. I recieve regular packages shipped via U.S.P.S. (Unites States Postal Service), six years never a problem. I recieve two lousy t-shirts and a hat for my b'day shipped via FedEx and I'm charged duty. Unfortuneately, most companies only use commercial shippers. In the past I've had a supplement company ship to a friend in the U.S. and had him forward the package to me here in Thailand via U.S.P.S. It was cheaper to do it that way than to pay duty here. I know it's hard to believe, but it was cheaper. The supplemnt company I use in the U.S. offers free shipping for orders over $99 (4000Baht). I have ordered many times from
The Vitamin Shoppe, www.VitaminShoppe.com. Quality products, especially their in-house line, and very good service.

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » December 1, 2005, 7:11 pm

ah, thanks much! Sounds like it should work for me then, I have things shipped to my Texas address now and when I get enough there, have it sent here by USPS. But I do need to declare what it is, so anyways in near future will give it a go. You are right, always wondered why no duty. 8)

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”