Forum connection Issues

Discussions about the website, map, magazine and magazine articles.
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Forum connection Issues

Post by BobHelm » January 4, 2012, 3:10 pm

Lee,
Over the past week I have often had the Forum return an error when going from, say New Posts to the Board Index.
I was a bit reluctant to say I was as I am using
Ubuntu 32 byte as an operating system
& FireFox 8 as a Browser.
However I thought that it might be useful for you to know.
I get a database access error, or just a completely plain screen, rather than any other connection type error.

I have not had a similar issue with any other web site, including a couple that are also Forums run on phpBB, without a similar happening..

It is not a constant problem, but is one that seems to 'come & go'. So when there is a problem, there is a problem, when not, there isn't....if you see what I mean... :D

lepidoptra
udonmap.com

Forum connection Issues

Post by lepidoptra » January 4, 2012, 4:26 pm

Not sure Bob if I have the same problem but UM pages take forever to open. This has been occurring for about the last 2 weeks :cry:

kjellsnell
udonmap.com

Forum connection Issues

Post by kjellsnell » January 4, 2012, 4:33 pm

lepidoptra wrote:Not sure Bob if I have the same problem but UM pages take forever to open. This has been occurring for about the last 2 weeks :cry:
I have the same problem....Udon Map is exstremely slow to open....sometimes it takes so long time so it looks like the server is down! :?
These days life seems pretty good and I eagerly look forward to the continuation!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Forum connection Issues

Post by jackspratt » January 4, 2012, 4:39 pm

BobHelm wrote:.............. I was as I am using Ubuntu 32 byte as an operating system...........
Must be those chopsticks, Bob. :D

Shado
udonmap.com

Forum connection Issues

Post by Shado » January 4, 2012, 5:48 pm

Yes, recently I've experienced extremely slow opening and slow transition from topic to topic. UM is the only site where I've had this problem.

parrot
udonmap.com

Forum connection Issues

Post by parrot » January 4, 2012, 7:20 pm

I'm on everyday.....Opera, windows 7, no issues.

jacob6
udonmap.com

Forum connection Issues

Post by jacob6 » January 4, 2012, 7:56 pm

Very slow for me also..... seems ok early in the morning. All other sites work fine.

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Forum connection Issues

Post by GARYZX6R » January 4, 2012, 8:50 pm

Slow at times and also getting logged out ,every day !

747man
udonmap.com

Forum connection Issues

Post by 747man » January 5, 2012, 2:26 am

Yes VERY Slow & Changing to Thai Script when changing topics......

Dudde
udonmap.com

Forum connection Issues

Post by Dudde » January 5, 2012, 8:27 am

If you guys do a tracert (Run, type "cmd", type "tracert udonmap.com" you can see that the reason that udonmap is loading slow is mainly because bad routing with your ISP.

And Garyzx6r: If your getting logged out every day, have you checked the option "remember me"
Second: Are you running your browser in private or stealth mode?
Third Are you running any cleaning or optimizer programs? They like too clean your cashe and empty your cookies.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Forum connection Issues

Post by BobHelm » January 5, 2012, 8:33 am

I knew it would be a mistake starting this thread.... :D

My problem is specific & I have tried to give sufficient information to maybe give Lee a clue when looking for the issue.
In my case it is probably the operating system/browser combination that I am using having connection issues to the actual database.
It is not an issue with speed of loading as it either loads as quick as any other site, or does not load at all.

If you have issues other than mine, or even no issues at all, then it could be useful for Lee to know about them....but please give him some sort of chance by giving as much detail as possible & screen shots if appropriate. Otherwise it is just looking for a needle in a haystack...

trubrit
udonmap.com

Forum connection Issues

Post by trubrit » January 5, 2012, 10:17 am

I was having many delays, with various notices at the bottom reading about awaiting various ad surveys etc . I installed a neat little programme that enabled me to delete most of the troublesome ones,statcounter and adclick amongst them. Since then I haven't experienced any delay .www.ghostery.com
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

lee
udonmap.com

Forum connection Issues

Post by lee » January 5, 2012, 11:28 am

BobHelm wrote:I get a database access error, or just a completely plain screen, rather than any other connection type error.
It may be reassuring to know that I've been having the dreaded blank page error also and like you it happens randomly. I haven't had any database issues though.

I remember there were similar issues before however I can't remember what I did to fix it. I've have a look in the error logs and send an email to the host. I'll keep you posted.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Forum connection Issues

Post by BobHelm » January 5, 2012, 2:20 pm

Just happened again... a couple of times in a row...
err.jpeg

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Forum connection Issues

Post by mathusalah80 » January 5, 2012, 3:58 pm

Maybe it is simply that somebody out there somewhere doesn't love you Bob???????

kjellsnell
udonmap.com

Forum connection Issues

Post by kjellsnell » January 5, 2012, 5:29 pm

Dudde wrote:If you guys do a tracert (Run, type "cmd", type "tracert udonmap.com" you can see that the reason that udonmap is loading slow is mainly because bad routing with your ISP.

And Garyzx6r: If your getting logged out every day, have you checked the option "remember me"
Third Are you running any cleaning or optimizer programs? They like too clean your cashe and empty your cookies.
Udon map is slow and that has nothing to whit the things U discribe.......
These days life seems pretty good and I eagerly look forward to the continuation!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Forum connection Issues

Post by BobHelm » January 5, 2012, 6:14 pm

mathusalah80 wrote:Maybe it is simply that somebody out there somewhere doesn't love you Bob???????
But that has been true all my life, o ancient one, not just a recent event. :D :D

Dudde
udonmap.com

Forum connection Issues

Post by Dudde » January 7, 2012, 12:39 pm

kjellsnell wrote:
Dudde wrote:If you guys do a tracert (Run, type "cmd", type "tracert udonmap.com" you can see that the reason that udonmap is loading slow is mainly because bad routing with your ISP.

Udon map is slow and that has nothing to whit the things U discribe.......
Unless the serverprovider is having issues with the server the only reason for a slow loading website is because the routing is bad. And since the internetinfrastructure in thailand is realy poor this is the main problem.
And in thailand there's like 15 more jumpingpoint for the information to take then we normaly have in Sweden kjell.
A ms of 200-700 compared to 5-20 what we normaly get back home is a big diffrence.
Now udonmap is hosted in US, it's a far way for information to transfer specially when it has too travel thrue poorly built infrastructures in asia... 22 jumpes i have to take before i reach udonmap.com from Thailand with an ms of 2676.
In Sweden from one of my servers i have 10 jumpes with an ms of 136.. It's a big diffrence

lee
udonmap.com

Forum connection Issues

Post by lee » January 7, 2012, 5:45 pm

BobHelm wrote:My problem is specific & I have tried to give sufficient information to maybe give Lee a clue when looking for the issue.
In my case it is probably the operating system/browser combination that I am using having connection issues to the actual database.
Hi Bob, I have contacted the host about this problem however they're unable to replicate the error and therefore cannot look to see where the problem is. I did give them details of which pages you were navigating between when you received the error message or blank screen and also the IP address but still no joy.

There may be a coding issue with a certain search file, I'll look into this when I have time. Nothing has been changed on the server for a few months now so I'm puzzled why this problem only started a couple of weeks back on your computer.

Anyway I'll keep updated if I find out something.

BTW website speed is most probably due to the routing as Dudde suggests, it would help a lot of the server was located in Thailand.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Forum connection Issues

Post by BobHelm » January 7, 2012, 6:21 pm

No problems have happened since the picture I posted....
If it happens again I will gather as much information as to exactly what I was doing & post..

Return to “Website, Map & Magazine forum”