immigration/passport

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
sgt
udonmap.com

immigration/passport

Post by sgt » April 7, 2015, 1:39 pm

A couple of questions rolled into one, more or less. I need to get passport pics for new US passport and I understand they are pretty strict on size etc. Has anybody gotten same lately, recommendation? Secondly has anybody done online reporting for 90 day for Udon immigration? Mail in? I have a slight problem in that my passport will still be at US Embassy when 90 day report is due and I understand that passport is required for in person, not just a document from Embassy stating my passport is being renewed. I can always cross and return from Lao to get to entry/exit card mitigating the 90 day but I don't really want to do that.

papaguido
udonmap.com

immigration/passport

Post by papaguido » April 7, 2015, 2:41 pm

sgt wrote:A couple of questions rolled into one, more or less. I need to get passport pics for new US passport and I understand they are pretty strict on size etc. Has anybody gotten same lately, recommendation? Secondly has anybody done online reporting for 90 day for Udon immigration? Mail in? I have a slight problem in that my passport will still be at US Embassy when 90 day report is due and I understand that passport is required for in person, not just a document from Embassy stating my passport is being renewed. I can always cross and return from Lao to get to entry/exit card mitigating the 90 day but I don't really want to do that.
For passport photo I used the shop located on the corner across the street from the prison. Forget the actual name of the shop, but it has a large Fuji sign near the top of the building. When I went I brought a downloaded copy of the photo guidelines from the state dept website, turns out they already have it (bring one anyway, just in case).

As for your 90 day report, suggest talking to immigration or mailing it. Not sure that the online reporting is up and running yet. You might want to try PM'ing "Bandung_Dero", he seems to be an old hand at mailing 90day reports.
Bandung_Dero wrote:If I've said it once I've said it a 1000 times. There is always the option of posting in your 90 day report, you have 7 days lee way get it in the post to Chonburi, EMS (will take 24 hours) with a self addressed envelope, photo copy of your TM 47 Departure Card and Visa and the front page of the passport with a TM 7?? form.

I've posted for years going back before the Udon Office to Nong Khai - BTW Nong Khai say they do not accept postal reporting --- UP TOO THEM --- I posted it anyway - the official line is if you have an EMS receipt and do not get a 90 day report slip back the receipt is accepted as PROOF the report was submitted. NO fine or penalty will apply if you are confronted

sgt
udonmap.com

immigration/passport

Post by sgt » April 7, 2015, 3:37 pm

Thanks, good info. I'm pretty sure I know where that photo shop is. I hear online is a real iffy type deal. Many/most can't get it to work, don't know about the Udon site, if there is one. I'll probably do mail in.

Shado
udonmap.com

immigration/passport

Post by Shado » April 7, 2015, 3:47 pm

For passport photo I used the shop located on the corner across the street from the prison. Forget the actual name of the shop, but it has a large Fuji sign near the top of the building.
The name is Photo Life and we use them regularly. I got my last US passport photo there with no problems at all.

sgt
udonmap.com

immigration/passport

Post by sgt » April 7, 2015, 4:15 pm

Thanks

papaguido
udonmap.com

immigration/passport

Post by papaguido » April 7, 2015, 5:37 pm

Shado wrote:
For passport photo I used the shop located on the corner across the street from the prison. Forget the actual name of the shop, but it has a large Fuji sign near the top of the building.
The name is Photo Life and we use them regularly. I got my last US passport photo there with no problems at all.
That's it...Photo Life ;)

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@17.40511 ... !2e0?hl=en

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

immigration/passport

Post by stattointhailand » April 7, 2015, 5:54 pm

If you are on the other side of town to the prison, there is a photo shop almost next door to Tesco Lotus Express opposite the market on the road from Udon to NK

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

immigration/passport

Post by merchant seaman » April 7, 2015, 6:04 pm

Passport application explains exactly what the requirments are for the photo. Down load a copy of it and take it with you to just about any photo shop. Last time got mine at the shop between Centrel plaza and the bus station same side as the 7-11 and before the 7-11.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

jackson
udonmap.com

immigration/passport

Post by jackson » April 7, 2015, 7:37 pm

There is a passport photo desk at the Udon Immigration office now as of at least last week. 100 bht for enough copies.

While on this topic I went to the Udon Immigration office last week to renew my ( Retirement visa ) a one year occurrence. Have done it there many times THEY ISSUE IT THERE AND THEN. last week instead of completing every thing they gave me a temporary stamp good for 1 mth and said the boss of Udon district needs to sign it . I questioned this an all he would say . " new Law". The amazing thing is no mention of pay now for do today AND my wife or friend can come back to get the full 1 year stamp/visa.Not me!!
Can any one genuinely tell me what the hell is going on?? Seriously, my friend offered 600 bht and all was done there and then. I find it hard to believe curr..tion is so blatant when they are dealing with most westerners who have a brain. One the other hand this mature gentleman may be complying with the law and maybe one man ( the boss) is now responsible as to just who is legally in Thailand????
Does anyone have a sensible answer to the above???

sgt
udonmap.com

immigration/passport

Post by sgt » April 7, 2015, 8:37 pm

I have to do extension of stay next month with new passport as soon as it comes, not looking forward to it. In the past basically a breeze. I've heard this story more than once. Pay for "expedited" service and the boss will be available to sign asap. If this is "illegal" perhaps a call to the problem # down in BKK. Does anybody have the mail address for mail in 90 day report for Udon?

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”