Indian Food Accessories

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
jingjai
udonmap.com

Re: Indian Food Accessories

Post by jingjai » April 14, 2009, 9:06 pm

Forgot to add this in my previous post.
The cost per box is 70 baht for 100 grams of seasonings, 15 grams is all one needs of the seasoning for
1 kg. of chicken in curry masala sauce.

papaguido
udonmap.com

New @ Makro

Post by papaguido » July 19, 2010, 11:28 am

At Makro this morning and noticed they're stocking a few Indian food products.

Chicken Makhanwala
Tikka Masala sauce
Dai Maa Rang Mahal
Vegetable Masala sauce
Naan bread

timmy
udonmap.com

tikka masala

Post by timmy » March 18, 2015, 8:51 am

papaguido wrote:At Makro this morning and noticed they're stocking a few Indian food products.

Chicken Makhanwala
Tikka Masala sauce
Dai Maa Rang Mahal
Vegetable Masala sauce
Naan bread
i see this is a very old thread but has any body seen any of the " tikka masala " in the glass jar cook
in sauces and a few other flavours ? they did used to sell a tesco but i cant find them any more . [-o<

pomps
udonmap.com

Indian Food Accessories

Post by pomps » March 18, 2015, 11:00 am

Your best bet Timmy is Tops for the patak range in glass jars,VM only had a limited amount before,some Pataks sauces in packets from what I recall 8)
Makro may have improved the Indian options as the post is old :-k

papafarang
udonmap.com

tikka masala

Post by papafarang » March 18, 2015, 11:01 am

timmy wrote:
papaguido wrote:At Makro this morning and noticed they're stocking a few Indian food products.

Chicken Makhanwala
Tikka Masala sauce
Dai Maa Rang Mahal
Vegetable Masala sauce
Naan bread
i see this is a very old thread but has any body seen any of the " tikka masala " in the glass jar cook
in sauces and a few other flavours ? they did used to sell a tesco but i cant find them any more . [-o<
I think you missed them, tops last week pataks curry pastes half price, maybe still on
the world is not my home, I'm just a passenger

zoomzoom
udonmap.com

Indian Food Accessories

Post by zoomzoom » July 7, 2015, 3:48 pm

Yes Makro are selling a few items (primarily Rang Mahal branded meals/breads plus Mother's branded pickles) both of which are very good but if anyone is interested in cooking their own dishes and therefore needs to obtain the genuine Indian ingredients - spices (whole or ground), pulses, flours etc at very reasonable prices please drop me a pm.

I get all of mine from an Indian shop in Bangkok who are very reliable, speak good English, & are rarely "caught short" with any request - plus they are quite happy to ship/arrange for payment on delivery.

So, I'll be very happy to provide contact details to anyone who asks me for them.
What is hope??????

timmy
udonmap.com

Indian Food Accessories

Post by timmy » July 16, 2015, 5:42 pm

just a quick heads up for any body interested , the T bar stock a full selection of " indian curry cook in sauces " ( pataks )
only found them today and 100 bt CHEAPER than they were when at " tops " i was going to keep the info to myself but only fair to share it , not sure on spelling but have , korma , balti , madras , jalfrezi and vinderlu .....

zoomzoom
udonmap.com

Indian Food Accessories

Post by zoomzoom » July 16, 2015, 10:07 pm

timmy wrote:just a quick heads up for any body interested , the T bar stock a full selection of " indian curry cook in sauces " ( pataks )
only found them today and 100 bt CHEAPER than they were when at " tops " i was going to keep the info to myself but only fair to share it , not sure on spelling but have , korma , balti , madras , jalfrezi and vinderlu .....
There is only one way to cook a decent curry and (imho) it never involves a bottled sauce!
What is hope??????

old timer
udonmap.com

Indian Food Accessories

Post by old timer » July 16, 2015, 11:39 pm

zoomzoom wrote:There is only one way to cook a decent curry and (imho) it never involves a bottled sauce!
Withou a doubt correct zoomzoom. Jars or canned curry sauces are rubbish.
Nothing beats a good Indian Curry using the proper ingredients and cooked by someone with taste.

OT............. \:D/

reddevil
udonmap.com

Indian Food Accessories

Post by reddevil » July 17, 2015, 8:42 am

old timer wrote:
zoomzoom wrote:There is only one way to cook a decent curry and (imho) it never involves a bottled sauce!
Withou a doubt correct zoomzoom. Jars or canned curry sauces are rubbish.
Nothing beats a good Indian Curry using the proper ingredients and cooked by someone with taste.

OT............. \:D/
Agree the curry canned curry sauces are rubbish but the Pataks curry pastes are very good and cheap been using them 20 years now and never had a complaint. When it works don't break it.

barriesawadee

Re: Indian Food Accessories

Post by barriesawadee » December 23, 2017, 7:15 am

=D>
zoomzoom wrote:
July 16, 2015, 10:07 pm
timmy wrote:just a quick heads up for any body interested , the T bar stock a full selection of " indian curry cook in sauces " ( pataks )
There is only one way to cook a decent curry and (imho) it never involves a bottled sauce!

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”