Indoor Enemies

Thai Society and culture, Living in Thailand.
parrot
udonmap.com

Indoor Enemies

Post by parrot » February 5, 2018, 6:54 pm

For years I've considered indoor geckos to be the enemy.......poop everywhere and get into air conditioners and desk top computers. Their only benefit inside the house is to eat mosquitoes, and we don't have a problem with those critters.......with screens, no kids, and an indoor evening mosquito black light that extinguishers the rare infiltrator. When a rare gecko does manage to break in, I'll hunt it down and toss it to our outdoor cat.

This morning I noticed a single black ant walking across the ceiling part of our bedroom air conditioner. A single ant.......but then I looked further and saw a single line of ants coming from the ceiling into the ac.....maybe 10 of them. I wiped them from the wall, only to find another dozen or so come out of the vents of the ac. I broke out the heavy duty weapons......a can of chaindrite with the needle nose spray. Hundred of ants came out....then hundreds more........and after cleaning up the mess.....hundreds more. I took off the ac housing and cleaned some more.....and more hundreds.
Finally, just when I thought I nipped the problem, I went outside and found the trail of ants coming into the house......from 30 feet or so away. I sprayed more.....then sprayed around the window near the ac. Now thousands came out of the window frame.....apparently taking up home in the comfort of an aluminum frame.
I tend not to worry about the occasional snake that peers inside the bedroom window....from outdoors. I know he can't come in. But those pesky ants? They're high up on the enemy list.
Attachments
20180119_103613.jpg

felixcat
udonmap.com

Re: Indoor Enemies

Post by felixcat » February 5, 2018, 8:07 pm

Because of this dry time (thanks to those controling the weather) they may be looking for the moisture (water), so some tips, .. place water cans outside, or use that chalk stick and draw a circle around the Ac. We had ants, geckos, ect, years ago after taking over this house. We cleaned everything, taped off around all the pipes going into the house and pipes going out. Right now, it seems all is gone. But that worrys me....food is not growing well, trees are getting more dead, ever fewer Soi dogs & cats. My wife goes bike riding in the mornings around the big pond and is now feeding all the "Ladies".
The big booby female dogs who were kicked out of their homes and left to die after they provided many "cute" puppies. Sounds disgusting right? What ever, I encouraged her and she likes it. So all that pasta we bought years ago, soy power, power milk, rice, fills their belly for a day. So what! They are even thankful for plain water w/ pork bullion cube.
Also, grind up some chilis, add to water and place it around your plants, bugs don't like that either.

Tracechain
udonmap.com

Post by Tracechain » February 6, 2018, 1:57 am

Elon Musk flamethrower to the rescue!
Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » February 6, 2018, 3:21 pm

Tracechain, not sure about your comment, if it was directed at me or not (thanks to those controling the weather) .
That was "tongue in cheek". Elon Musk is nothing short of an enemy to humanity.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 6, 2018, 4:23 pm

felixcat wrote:
February 6, 2018, 3:21 pm
Elon Musk is nothing short of an enemy to humanity.
How do you figure?

felixcat
udonmap.com

Post by felixcat » February 6, 2018, 7:11 pm

He's another "Good cop, bad cop" player.
He said : Elon Musk: Artificial Intelligence Could Wipe Out Humanity
Then he said: Elon Musk, I'm worried we have built skynet!!!!.
Then he said: Elon Musk’s Neuralink aims to connect human brain with AI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYJEoAckT6o
Then he said: Elon Musk explains how we will become cyborgs
And......Elon Musk AGAIN warns HUMAN MUST MERGE WITH MACHINES
Must watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-k30hZ7kks
We need to wipe these "bugs" off the earth. Get it? Re: Indoor Enemies..back on topic.

Tracechain
udonmap.com

Post by Tracechain » February 7, 2018, 4:55 am

Felixcat: The only thing I know about Musk is the recent hype surrounding his flamethrowers...beyond that, I'm retired and don't care. My comment was for Parrot to use one to burn his ants. We must have hit upload on our comments at the same time because yours was not posted when I posted...so no drama here.
Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 7, 2018, 7:04 pm

I have a cheap-man's version of the flamethrower........a kitchen torch that is as good as the benzomatic that I used when I was living in the US. A 30 Baht can of gas lasts for several months. Lighting a barbecue fire was never easier! Exterminating an erupting termite pile? Easy.

Speaking of Elon........my idea of a multi-billionaire hero who is willing to shake things up.....the auto industry, the space industry, the power generating industry......and now, with his successful launch of the Falcon Heavy, is ready to begin development of a new-generation rocket called B.F.R. (the B stands for big; the R for rocket). I wonder what the F. stands for???????

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » February 7, 2018, 7:37 pm

^Yep. And the two first stages were recovered intact. The middle booster missed its platform, but two out of three ain't bad, especially on a first try..Space X is transforming space travel.

Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Return to “Society and culture”