Irish Clock Hotel

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Re: Irish Clock Hotel

Post by Marcosteffano » June 1, 2017, 9:09 pm

fatbob wrote:
tamada wrote:
jimjay wrote:... the absolutely extremely phenomenally hot waitress (there's only one who fits that bill) ...
Methinks I need to pop in and say hello to Fred.
Good idea, I hate the way the keyboard warriors smash someones livelihood to bit's.
Hate to say it me old fruit but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.if you don't have a good experience with something you have the right to say something.maybe have a word with the manager if he's there.i don't see anyone trying to smash someone's livelyhood to bits intentionally,they are just saying what they have experienced.then again we could all write good things about anything that involves someone's livelihood.to me the place lacks atmosphere and the food is mediocre.rooms were ok 4 years ago,that's it.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 3, 2017, 11:32 am

Marcosteffano wrote:... as for hot waitresses,I would rather have one that is good at her job.big tits and long legs don't make my beer and food taste any better.
I know what I want, but not in a waitress. I am looking for a pretty 7-eleven lass with giant knockers, legs up to her earrings and an arse so fluffy it could be a pillow on Charlie Sheen's bed.

Nothing sinful in mind. All I buy at a 7 are ciggies and beer. But I just like girls like that and want to pay my money to a girl like that. I am sick and tired of the androgynous, wholesome types behind the 7 counters with their flat chests, flat arses and pseudo-friendly manner. Give me a pouty bombshell in a skintight skirt with a split which rides up to her undies when she squats down for the packet of dried mangoes I pretended I couldn't find.

I can get a waitress like that at 'Share' but if you know of such a girl, please tell me the location of the 7 and her shift. I shall be much obliged.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 3, 2017, 6:01 pm

I would rather have one that is good at her job.big tits and long legs don't make my beer and food taste any better.
OK, you can have the split-hooved, buck-toof'd, clod-hopper, send the big-tittied ass-clapper over to my table. Thanks.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Mex
udonmap.com

Post by Mex » June 3, 2017, 6:42 pm

I have frequented Irish Clock at least 20 times in the past year and have found the food and service more than satisfactory.
If it looks good..and smells good..go for it..

UdonThaniPete
udonmap.com

Post by UdonThaniPete » June 3, 2017, 7:15 pm

All I can say Mex is that you are lucky, I only speak as I find, no more and no less and my personal experience has been less than satisfactory, being an ex landlord I believe I know what customer service is all about.

IMHO, the problem I believe is with the staff there, not so much as the food, they are certainly not attentive or seem to care less, the majority of them are unable to take an order, so it's pot luck if you get what you ask for.

I understand the difficulty of getting good, attentive staff, not only in Thailand but anywhere for that matter, but if the owner is there he should ensure the staff are doing what they are paid to do, that was certainly not evident on our visits.

I believe the current owner has lost interest in his business and unfortunately it is reflecting on the place, hence the bad reviews being made, it has been in the past and could be again a good place to eat and drink in, it is now dead, you can spend a lot of money tarting the place up as much as you want, but that is useless unless you have the correct people working for you and you need to Manage them, not lock yourself in a little office.

I really do wish the owner all the best, and if it is true that the place is up for sale, my assumption may be correct.
A pessimist see’s a difficulty in every opportunity,
A optimist see’s an opportunity in every difficulty,
I am the latter.

Mex
udonmap.com

Post by Mex » June 5, 2017, 7:57 pm

I got "lucky" again today....sat at my table..waitress arrived within 30 seconds...understood my order and repeated same back to me for confirmation...food arrived within 10 minutes and was good.

Am I missing something?

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » June 5, 2017, 11:01 pm

This is much funnier than the Joke thread
Please keep it going - it's great!!!!!!

UdonThaniPete
udonmap.com

Post by UdonThaniPete » June 6, 2017, 2:23 pm

Absolutely correct vidmaster, it's certainly much funnier than your last joke on the joke thread!!
I am the latter.

Mex
udonmap.com

Post by Mex » June 17, 2017, 5:45 pm

I got "lucky" again yesterday.

Must be my good looks and charm..........

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » June 17, 2017, 5:55 pm

I have never had a problem with the service has always been excellent.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » June 17, 2017, 6:21 pm

its my diner when in town
only ever had one slight problem in 100 meals, and it was more the mood I was in, than the service..
look some guys like bar girls and wild music and stuff, its a family pub, and restaurant, but has not stopped some blokes I bumped into, from having a quiet discreet toke outside on the verandah..horses for courses..some can afford and do desire Pannarai and Ban Chiang, while others dine at the food court in Centara...

Mex
udonmap.com

Post by Mex » June 20, 2017, 8:18 pm

Two mates of mine had dinner there last night.

I asked them specifically about the food and service...

They said both were great.

stereolab
udonmap.com

Post by stereolab » June 21, 2017, 8:23 am

Mex wrote:
June 20, 2017, 8:18 pm

I had dinner there on Monday night, the food was bland and microwaved, and vegetables were unseasoned. Food was piping hot admittedly. Did not get my dessert order, only 4 staff available, for the 7 customers inside and outside the bar.Service was reasonably quick certainly. Other posters have commented previously about the internal decor of the pub, if you have been in a similar establishment in Belfast or Glasgow you would have thought you were in a palace.

UdonThaniPete
udonmap.com

Post by UdonThaniPete » June 21, 2017, 8:37 am

stereolab wrote:
June 21, 2017, 8:23 am
Mex wrote:

I had dinner there on Monday night, the food was bland and microwaved, and vegetables were unseasoned. Food was piping hot admittedly. Did not get my dessert order, only 4 staff available, for the 7 customers inside and outside the bar.Service was reasonably quick certainly. Other posters have commented previously about the internal decor of the pub, if you have been in a similar establishment in Belfast or Glasgow you would have thought you were in a palace.
Stereolab, Why didn't you get your desert? Just out of interest. Thanks
I am the latter.

stereolab
udonmap.com

Post by stereolab » June 21, 2017, 8:53 am

UdonThaniPete wrote:
June 21, 2017, 8:37 am
stereolab wrote:
June 21, 2017, 8:23 am
Mex wrote:

Stereolab, Why didn't you get your desert? Just out of interest. Thanks
The waitress forgot. Despite me asking for ice-cream with my spotted dick, as I eat neither custard or cream, it seemed to be an extraordinary request to her, and she sought assistance. They offered me chocolate and strawberry at the time of order. Finally got them to agree on vanilla. After I had finished the main course, and as I was in no rush, I just sat there. Eventually all 4 staff got together and were looking at me, and it dawned on her, SPOTTED DICK. I declined her offer to provide it, paid my bill, left a good tip and departed.

UdonThaniPete
udonmap.com

Post by UdonThaniPete » June 25, 2017, 9:42 am

vincemunday wrote:
June 25, 2017, 7:02 am
How can TripAdvisor be rubbish? Yes you get the odd idiotic review but they get 300,000,000 users each month, that's a whole lot of rubbish! if I'm booking a hotel or going to a restaurant I'll always take a quick peek on TA, you can usually sort through the chaff and get a good idea of what a place will be like, if somewhere has got 200 reviews and 190 says it's good or better there's a fair chance it's going to be okay but if there's 200 reviews and 50 of them are panning a place well it's obvious you're taking a chance, usually the people who don't like TA are the ones who own an establishment and are being slated by their punters. And by the by, you can't leave zero on TA. My own opinion of the Irish Clock isn't great either, the staff are grumpy and rude and it could do with a coat of paint.
Vince, I agree with you 100%, I get to travel around the world a lot for work and pleasure, I normally do my research on TripAdvisor for Hotels and restaurants especially if I'm going on holidays, yes you can get some chaff but you will get a very good idea on the place and recognise the chaff as being just that, i personally have never been let down by TripAdvisor and believe it's a good tool to use for planning where ever you go in the world.
I am the latter.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 25, 2017, 10:27 am

"... usually the people who don't like TA are the ones who own an establishment and are being slated by their punters..."
There's still an ongoing brouhaha about TA allowing dining establishments with their own TA membership to create their own faux glowing 'anonymous' reviews, thus defeating their whole raison d'etre. Been that way for at least 8 years now.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/hotel ... -them.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -fake.html
https://tripadvisorwatch.wordpress.com/ ... r-reviews/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -cash.html

I have managed to live, work and travel around the world for nigh on 40 years and except the one time I foolishly browsed TA for things to do and eat in Nha Trang, I have managed without their rather dubious advice. Beyond building the dunny's at Mrs tam's restaurant and wiring up the gazebo's, I do not have a vested interest in any restaurant.... but her restaurant was bloody good anyway.

Now, do I feel bad about not being part of their 300,000,000 monthly sheeple count?

You said it yourself,
"...that's a whole lot of rubbish..."

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 25, 2017, 10:34 am

For some reason the original post was in regard to availability of accommodation but some posters quickly saw fit to try and denigrate the establishment with repeated posts about the business as a whole, to include the décor, the manager, the food, the staff etc etc.
Why cant people just make their comment or opinion and move on.
Ok every one gets it now, you either like it or don't like it.
Give the business a break.
I personally can't fathom what personal satisfaction people get from continuing a debate with at times personal barbs or comments and always wanting the last word if people do to agree with their view.
Good luck to the Irish Clock. I do not frequent the establishment as a local drinking hole but over some years now I do visit and have had some good meals and Guinness there.

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » June 25, 2017, 11:14 am

I agree with you Barney... I've known the Irish Clock since it was converted from a shop house and Tom held the keep; Over the years I became a regular eater there when Steve and Mali held it, that continued when Trevor and Ann took over, my wife and I even held the reigns for Trevor whilst he and his family were in UK for a spell, I have played pool there since Fred has held it although I am not a regular customer as I rarely get into town any more. The Clock has had it's ups and downs as any business will have over the years, but I would certainly drop in for a meal if I was in town and hungry.

grievous
udonmap.com

Post by grievous » June 25, 2017, 10:35 pm

Agree with Barney one comment is enough for feedback but some of theses guys feel a need to keep it going until they convince everyone. I've had a few average experiences in town but I'd prefer to bring it up with the manager to give them a chance to explain or makes amends. I would only give bad feedback if their resonse was not satisfactory. Everyone has a bad day, give them a break. By the way I love the Grapow beef and my kids reckon they have the best Red curry in town.

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”