KODI 17.4 ??

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
vidmaster
udonmap.com

KODI 17.4 ??

Post by vidmaster » September 8, 2017, 11:41 pm

Hi has anyone upgraded on their laptop to 17.4 and is it stable and if so any heads up for the good and the not so good points compared to 17.3
Thanks

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Re: KODI 17.4 ??

Post by pf-flyer » September 9, 2017, 6:08 am

I have been running Kodi 17.4 since it came out and it works just fine on the Nvidia Shield and the H96 Pro Android boxes. The performance of KODI on my Dell XPS laptop is not very impressive. Since KODI is working so well on my Android Boxes I never bothered to investigate as to why KODI is so slow and sluggish on my Laptop. I removed the Phoenix and Exodus addons and added Bennu and Covenant addons.
I have been using the TVAddons repo now located at at “http://fusion.tvaddons.co”.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » September 9, 2017, 1:07 pm

Thanks pf-flyer

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » September 9, 2017, 3:31 pm

Video Stream interruptions is the issue that I deal with the most when using KODI or MOBDRO on my android TV boxes. I have observed that the VPN service that you choose has an impact. I have observed that the free VPN servers performance degradates as more VPN connections are established. When I consider that I live out in a small village that just had 3BB installed several months ago, I have no complaints. In regards to your Laptop performance issues with KODI you may want to consider using the Task Manager to observe what other applications are using up your system resources after you have opened up KODI. Microsoft Operating Systems tend to be a resource hog.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » September 9, 2017, 3:59 pm

Hi pf-flyer
Yes I pay for my VPN and monitor resources
I was just concerned that if I upgrade early it might still be in beta test stage
I currently use KODI no limits build and works fine on 17.3 so didn't want to spoil a good run
If I update do I have to reinstall KODI no limits?

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » September 9, 2017, 4:44 pm

I installed KODI 17.4 right over Kodi 17.3 with out losing anything. I would first suggest that you do an XBMC backup and store it on a USB Flashdrive just in case things go sour when you do the upgrade. That would give you the option go to recover or go back if you need to do so. Good Luck.

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”