More news on tourist visas

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
vincemunday
udonmap.com

More news on tourist visas

Post by vincemunday » December 17, 2016, 7:28 pm

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: More news on tourist visas

Post by BobHelm » December 17, 2016, 7:41 pm

This is not about Tourist Visas, Vince.
It is about entering the country via border crossings without any visa at all & getting 15/30 days visa exception.
That would now appear to be limited to 2 entries only in any calendar year.

It is, however, another blow to anyone under the age of 50 & not married to a Thai national/or having Thai children remaining long term in Thailand...

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 17, 2016, 8:29 pm

My mistake, i'm no expert on visas but i came across the article and thought it was important enough to put up for people to have a look at, only two weeks before it becomes law too. Perhaps Paul UM would be kind enough to change the subject line for me to just "More news on visas"
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

WizzWanger67
udonmap.com

Post by WizzWanger67 » December 18, 2016, 9:07 am

Got a friend over at the moment he came on 60 day visa,am i right in thinking he can extend it for 30 days at immo,for 1900 baht? or failing that cross over to lao and return with 30 day stamp?im calling in immo next week to confirm but just wondering maybe someone has done this recently,thanks

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 18, 2016, 9:31 am

He can do either WizzWanger67.

30 day extension at Immigration is probably the quickest & easiest way to go though & there is not much of a difference in cost once you take into consideration getting to the border..

WizzWanger67
udonmap.com

Post by WizzWanger67 » December 18, 2016, 9:52 am

I Was thinking the same bob,unless he wants to go over the border and buy me a crate of beer lao,for my birthday :D cheers :D

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”