Amphoe Mueang
Changwat Nong Khai 43000
Map Ref B6

Tel. 0-4241-1605, 0-4242-0242 Fax. 0-4241-1605
Email. [email protected]
Web. http://nongkhai.immigration.go.th/

Opening Hours: 8:30-4:30 Mon-Fri

Getting to Nong Khai from Udon Thani:
1. Standard non-air conditioned buses run every hour from Udon's northern bus terminal Map 1 H1, they cost 40bt and take just over 1 hour.
2.Air-conditioned buses run at various times throughout the day from Udon's central bus station Map 1 K10, they cost between 50-150bt and take around 1hr.
3. The train runs between Udon Thani and Nong Khai daily. The cost for a 3rd class seat in only 11 baht. Train timetable here: http://www.railway.co.th/English/Time_HTML.asp
4. If you're driving, take route 2 northbound from Udon Thani. Follow the highway for approximately 50km's until you see a sign for Vientianne Laos, turn left and follow for approximately 5km's, Nong Khai Immigration office will be on your right (Orange building).

From Udon Thani Airport to Nong Khai:
1. Air-con limousine mini buses run in sync with all airline arrivals and cost around 150bt to Nong Khai town center, the journey takes under 1 hour.
2. Thai airways has it's own Udon-Nong Khai shuttle bus link, you can arrange this with your ticket supplier, the cost is approximately 100-150bt and takes under an hour.

Location Map of Nong Khai Immigration office (Map B6) and immigration check point (Map A4) at Friendship bridge:
nongkhai_immigration_map.gif
Nong Khai Immigration Office Map
nongkhai_immigration_map.gif (56.56 KiB) Viewed 87657 times

Gaudente
udonmap.com

Re: Nong Khai Immigration Office Details

Post by Gaudente » November 10, 2008, 3:17 pm

1. Air-con limousine mini buses run in sink with all airline arrivals and cost around 100bt to Nong Khai town center, the journey takes under 1 hour.
Just the info I needed for my Vientiane visa run. Thx for posting such stuff. ;)

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » November 11, 2008, 8:44 am

Very good summary of how to get to Nong Khai from Udon. =D>

The only thing that one might add is that when you arrive at the train or bus station, there will be lots of tuk-tuks who will offer to take you to Immigration or wherever else you want to go.

If you take the Thai Airways Limousine, you can get usually get the bus driver to drop you off at the Friendship Bridge bus station, and from there, its a short tuk-tuk ride to Immigration.

Techland
udonmap.com

Post by Techland » November 11, 2008, 10:39 am

Lee write:

> From Udon Thani Airport to Nong Khai:
> 1. Air-con limousine mini buses run in sink with all airline arrivals and cost around 100bt to Nong
> Khai town center, the journey takes under 1 hour.

Should that be 'in sync' and '1.000bt' ?

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » November 11, 2008, 11:10 am

Techland wrote:Lee write:
Shouldn't that be 'Lee wrote'. ;)
Techland wrote:Should that be 'in sync'
Yes, thanks for pointing out the typo.
Techland wrote: '1.000bt' ?
No, 150bt. The 100bt I quoted above was from the old airport limo counter, sorry.

Gaudente
udonmap.com

Update on Limousine fares

Post by Gaudente » November 25, 2008, 11:28 am

Gaudente wrote:
1. Air-con limousine mini buses run in sink with all airline arrivals and cost around 100bt to Nong Khai town center, the journey takes under 1 hour.
Just the info I needed for my Vientiane visa run. Thx for posting such stuff. ;)
They now charge 80 baht to go to Udon centre and 200 baht to go to Friendship Bridge border. They call themselves "limousine" but are actually minibuses. I could see no other public transportation offered at the airport apart their two minibuses.

trashed

Post by trashed » January 24, 2009, 11:46 am

Gaudente wrote:
Gaudente wrote:
They now charge 80 baht to go to Udon centre and 200 baht to go to Friendship Bridge border. They call themselves "limousine" but are actually minibuses. I could see no other public transportation offered at the airport apart their two minibuses.
Vientiane visa run gives two months visa and from Udonthani this works out at about 2,280 Bht per month with the overnight stay etc.
To go to Nong Khai immigration office down th eroad from teh border you get three months for 1,1900 Baht and the arithmetic works out at about 767 Bht per month
Or is the money I am paying changing so often by those F'ing FOREX gamblers and ********* that i cant count on anything ... even my ability to do advanced sums? I had my abacus stolen but can work that lot out with pebbles and bam bam :)
comment please

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » January 24, 2009, 11:55 am

I am unsure exactly what visa you think you can get from Nong Khai immigration for 1,900 baht trashed, & would certainly be interested to know....

Pakawala
udonmap.com

Post by Pakawala » January 24, 2009, 12:02 pm

The one year renewal for the O-visa (Retirement) is 1900 baht (to the best of my knowledge).

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » January 24, 2009, 12:10 pm

So that would be 1,900/12 or 158 (and a bit) baht a month - indeed a good deal.
As long as you can meet the requirements.... :D :D

trashed

Post by trashed » January 24, 2009, 1:03 pm

can retire in the UK at 50 or after a fixed number of years 'work'
that does not stop you doing 'part time' or 'charity' or being owner of your own company and taking directors fees etc...does it!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » January 24, 2009, 1:15 pm

trashed wrote:that does not stop you doing 'part time' or 'charity' or being owner of your own company and taking directors fees etc...does it!

Uum, strange question from someone all ready in Thailand.
As I am sure you are aware any form of work (even unpaid charity work) is proscribed on a retirement visa... :(

Shipm8te

Post by Shipm8te » June 3, 2009, 4:04 pm

This web site as well as thaivisa.com show the mailing address of Nong Kai Immigration to be 107 Moo 1. However, the Nong Kai Immigration web site lists their address as 106 Moo 1. To those of you that have received a 90 reporting approval via mail, which address did you use?

Thanks in advance.

fremmel
udonmap.com

Post by fremmel » June 4, 2009, 7:30 am

Nong Khai Immigration
106 Chaleremprakiat Road
T. Meechai A. Muang
Nong Khai 43000
worked for me. Probably should have put Moo 1 in there but I forgot.

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » June 12, 2009, 6:23 am

Have just received a letter from Nong Khai immigration (first time ever) reminding me of the expiry of my yearly visa.
What I never knew is that you could book your appointment with them through the website but when I tried the link it appeared broken.
Has anyone tried to book a time and with a specific officer ie Mr Happy :D ,maybe they have a cancellation fee should you miss the time :evil:

At least the letter verfies that you can renew your yearly visa up to 30 days before. 8)

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » July 4, 2009, 9:26 am

7th,8th July Immigration Nongkhai, will be closed, My Visa report is due 6th July.
Now Im told by other half, 6th July is a "extra" holiday.
That means I will be "overstayed' two days If wait till 9th July.
Can anyone confirm this .....6th July a holiday(It says not a holiday on the calender!)

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » July 4, 2009, 9:49 am

http://www.qppstudio.net/public-holiday ... 002062.htm
Thailand's deputy spokesman to the Prime Minister’s Office, Mr. Supparak Kuanha, has announced that the Cabinet had approved the declaration of Monday, July 6, 2009, as a one-off bridge public holiday, thus creating a 5-day public holiday.

This one-off public holiday, which occurs before the July 7 public holiday for Asanha Bucha Day (the day before the Buddhist Lent) , had already been discussed for the public sector.

lopburi3
udonmap.com

Post by lopburi3 » July 4, 2009, 9:51 am

6, 7 and 8 are holidays but have no specific Nong Khai information. But what is a "visa report"? If it is a 90 day address report you have plus/minus 7 days to make the report so two days after the 90 day mark will not be a problem.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » July 4, 2009, 9:59 am

According to the immigration website there's a 7 day grace period before/after expiration date (I know that sometimes individual immigration offices don't always play by the same rule book).

Anyway, mine expired June 29th and I went on July 2nd, not a word was said. Don't sweat it if you're a couple days late.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en ... age=90days

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » July 4, 2009, 10:05 am

Thanks Papa That's a relief to know.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”