Nong Som Rong Road Construction

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Charlieb
udonmap.com

Nong Som Rong Road Construction

Post by Charlieb » February 11, 2017, 10:46 am

Can any of you Civil Engineers or other construction engineers tell me the purpose of the large concrete structures they are building in several places along the NSR road? There is one really large one just outside the Golf Course and a couple more going toward the ring road. These structures block an entire lane of traffic. They have concrete bases about two feet high with a large amount of rebar protruding up about 10 feet.

Will they continue to block traffic? Weird!

fdimike
udonmap.com

Re: Nong Som Rong Road Construction

Post by fdimike » February 11, 2017, 8:53 pm

I believe they are part of the water supply lines being installed along side the road. It appears to me they are some sort of water containment structures which will be placed underground and connected to the new water supply lines. The new water lines will be supplying untreated water to the Udon water treatment plant according to what we were told by water department workers.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 11, 2017, 9:09 pm

I'm not keen on translating (gist) all of the document, but I believe page 2 of the attached pdf describes the water treatment construction areas.

http://www.nongsamrong.go.th/files/gall ... -10950.pdf

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 11, 2017, 9:12 pm

The Nov 3 facebook (udontoday) entry also details the project.....looks to be a multi-year, 2XX million Baht project.
https://www.facebook.com/udontoday.news ... 0721961073

Return to “Travel & Transport”