Notary

Thailand laws, tips and advice.
sgt
udonmap.com

Notary

Post by sgt » December 4, 2008, 2:02 pm

I need to file some paperwork (copies-would never send originals) with the US gov't (IRS) and it needs to be notarized. According to the publication I have a foreign notary is ok, acceptable only as outlined by the Hague Convention. I'm trying to avoid the Bkk rush when I have to return to the states in Jan. Does anyone have any knowledge of where or even if this can be done here? I am thinking that I saw a notary sign somewhere while traveling around town, but can't remember where. Also will probably need translation service, anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Wayne

Lionheart
udonmap.com

Re: Notary

Post by Lionheart » December 4, 2008, 4:44 pm

There is a notary / translation service just after the 3rd[last] roundabout, it's on the left hand side if you are heading towards Tesco signals on the road to Nongkhai ( http://www.pwtranslations.com). Tel: 221283

Hope this helps

mickydee
udonmap.com

Post by mickydee » December 10, 2008, 8:49 pm

When making the U-turn to get to Tesco from the Nong Khai road there is a translation / notary service immediately on the left hand side. Not a recommendation - just something I noticed.

Farang1
udonmap.com

Post by Farang1 » December 11, 2008, 6:04 am

One of the advertisers on Udonmap (www.isaanlawyers.com) Say they do all that. They also talk about the Hague Convention on their website. Let me know what you find out. I need to get some docs notorized for the IRS and needs to be doone under the guidelines of the Hague Convention.

rjb
udonmap.com

Post by rjb » December 11, 2008, 10:52 am

If you are an American and I don't know about the other embassys, the consulate people can do it on a visit to the area if you aren't in a hurry. If the document is a requirement for a US gov't agency and you inform them of this there is no fee for the notary. Obviously this can be done at the Citizens Services in either BKK or Chiang Mai. A Thai claiming to be a notary may not be accepted under the Hague convention so be wary there.

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » December 12, 2008, 5:35 pm

Thanks for the replys. I'll check out a couple and post how it goes. Farang1, you may be looking to have the same docs notorized that I am, passport, birth records for wife/kids, etc for tax ID, to claim refund. I just looooove dealing with gov't. I would do at embassy, but only have a night there before I fly back to states.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » December 12, 2008, 7:34 pm

also one across from thung si muang, near the phone/telewiz store. has 'notary' in english, but not sure what authorized to notorize, never used then.

Return to “Thailand Law”