O-A Retire Thai Emb Australia SO EASY..

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
Mudguard
udonmap.com

O-A Retire Thai Emb Australia SO EASY..

Post by Mudguard » November 12, 2017, 5:52 am

I HAVE JUST GOT MY O-A RETIRE VISA IN AUSTRALIA...SO, SO, EASY... USED PENSION INCOME WITH BANK BALANCE TO EQUAL BHT 800,000....PLUS DOCS...
DID NOT HAVE TO HAVE A CREDIT BALANCE IN BANK FOR 3 MONTHS (LIKE THE PAIN IN THAILAND)..WAS APPROVED IN 3 DAYS....

I HAVE A QUESTION ...

THE VISA IS FOR 12 MONTHS...CAN ANY MEMBER ADVISE HOW TO STRETCH THE PERMITTED TIME BY ANOTHER FEW MONTHS PLEASE.... 8)

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Re: O-A Retire Thai Emb Australia SO EASY..

Post by Bandung_Dero » November 12, 2017, 6:32 am

Unless something has changed the last time I obtained an OA Visa in Aust (or your home country) it actually went for two years + another 90 days if you play the game correctly.
Just prior to the end of the 1st year I had to do a run to Laos and was then given another year on return BUT during that year I had to do a border crossing every 90 days. (The visa rules were the same as an Non Imm "O" visa during that year) (During the 1st year the rules are the same as the OA Extension issued from a Thai Immigration office)
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 12, 2017, 11:34 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:
November 12, 2017, 6:32 am
Unless something has changed the last time I obtained an OA Visa in Aust (or your home country) it actually went for two years + another 90 days if you play the game correctly.
Just prior to the end of the 1st year I had to do a run to Laos and was then given another year on return BUT during that year I had to do a border crossing every 90 days. (The visa rules were the same as an Non Imm "O" visa during that year) (During the 1st year the rules are the same as the OA Extension issued from a Thai Immigration office)
So it doesnt get covered by 90 day reporting ??

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » November 12, 2017, 12:17 pm

Yes it does I'm doing 90 day reports on my second year fro Oz visa

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 12, 2017, 3:34 pm

So reading this, you cant do the 90 day reporting in the first year ???, but can in the 2nd year

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » November 12, 2017, 7:29 pm

Sorry to be completely clear you start the 90 day reports in the first year and then continue on into the second year ( you leave by any border, land or air and come back before the original 1 year expires, I do it with about 2 weeks left) the only difference is if you want to leave Thai again in the second year after you have been granted the additional 12 months you need to get an re entry permit to maintain the new visa expiry date.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 12, 2017, 7:40 pm

Ok, did you get the re entry permit in Udon, or also in Oz .

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 12, 2017, 9:49 pm

wazza wrote:
November 12, 2017, 7:40 pm
Ok, did you get the re entry permit in Udon, or also in Oz .
Re entry permits are only available in Thailand eithe at an immigration office or at some international airports
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » November 13, 2017, 6:47 am

wazza wrote:
November 12, 2017, 3:34 pm
So reading this, you cant do the 90 day reporting in the first year ???, but can in the 2nd year
As written the 1st year is treated the same as the Extended O visa = 90 day reports and re-entry permits are required!
As you have to exit the kingdom every 90 days in the 2nd year NO 90 day reports are required!

Is that clearer?

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 13, 2017, 8:59 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:
November 13, 2017, 6:47 am
wazza wrote:
As written the 1st year is treated the same as the Extended O visa = 90 day reports and re-entry permits are required!
As you have to exit the kingdom every 90 days in the 2nd year NO 90 day reports are required!

Is that clearer?
Unless it was a very long time ago the is NO requirement to exit the country in the second year of an OA visa there certainly is no requirement today and for as long as I've been taking an interest in the rules.

As you are given a 1 year permission to stay each time you enter until the visa is used/finished.

If you want to get the maximum time possible on an OA visa you leave the country once only just before the "use by date" so you never need a re-entry permit during the validity of the visa and in the second year you only need one if you want to go abroad.

You either wanted to make trips abroad or were misinformed, regrettably a not unusual occurrence.

90 day reports are unrelated to any visa. The rule is "if you are in Thailand for 90 day you must report."
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » November 18, 2017, 3:52 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
November 13, 2017, 8:59 am
Bandung_Dero wrote:
November 13, 2017, 6:47 am
wazza wrote:

Is that clearer?
Unless it was a very long time ago the is NO requirement to exit the country in the second year of an OA visa there certainly is no requirement today and for as long as I've been taking an interest in the rules.

As you are given a 1 year permission to stay each time you enter until the visa is used/finished.

If you want to get the maximum time possible on an OA visa you leave the country once only just before the "use by date" so you never need a re-entry permit during the validity of the visa and in the second year you only need one if you want to go abroad.

You either wanted to make trips abroad or were misinformed, regrettably a not unusual occurrence.

90 day reports are unrelated to any visa. The rule is "if you are in Thailand for 90 day you must report."
My humble apologies!
After checking my 'olde' passports you are correct, one only has to cross a frontier once (prior to the end of the 1st year) to get the automatic 1 year extension. YES 90 day reports and 're-enrty permits' are applicable.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 18, 2017, 3:55 pm

ahh makes sense now

Thanks

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”