O-A VISA EXTEND FOR ANOTHER YEAR

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
Mudguard
udonmap.com
Posts: 365
Joined: June 28, 2012, 8:55 pm

Re: O-A VISA EXTEND FOR ANOTHER YEAR

Post by Mudguard » December 25, 2018, 1:27 pm

I went to Nong Khai n over the "Friendship Bridge" to Laos...I had my orig O-A Visa from Canberra...one week before it was due to end...
When u go to Laos border go to a window n get paper work...
When completed, go back to window n pay $30.00 dollars Am...Cheaper then paying in baht....
After 20 mins they call name at window around the corner from where u got paper work...
Then proceed, get stamped out of Laos n bus back to Thai border..
At Thai border Imm Off gave me an extension for another 12 months...
All done within 1.5 hours...



User avatar
vidmaster
udonmap.com
Posts: 779
Joined: August 18, 2013, 3:15 am

Re: O-A VISA EXTEND FOR ANOTHER YEAR

Post by vidmaster » December 25, 2018, 9:06 pm

No proof of income, no medical certificate or no criminal record certificate required by Nongkai immigration???
And only cost $30!!!!
So with O-A you have to do 90 day run or was it because your existing O-A was about to expire?

User avatar
vidmaster
udonmap.com
Posts: 779
Joined: August 18, 2013, 3:15 am

Re: O-A VISA EXTEND FOR ANOTHER YEAR

Post by vidmaster » December 25, 2018, 9:09 pm

Other than T8 Re entry before you left Thailand,and a Laos (visa?) what other documents did you need at the Laos/ Nongkai border please?

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 1315
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Non-OA visa second year permission to stay

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 25, 2018, 11:55 pm

vidmaster wrote:
December 25, 2018, 9:06 pm
No proof of income, no medical certificate or no criminal record certificate required by Nongkai immigration???
And only cost $30!!!!
So with O-A you have to do 90 day run or was it because your existing O-A was about to expire?
The Non-OA gives a 1 year permission to stay each time you enter Thailand and is only issued in your home county or county of residence, never Thailand.

As he said in his first post
My O-A expires on 6th Nov.
He did not visit Nongkai immigration office just exited Thailand on October 31. The $30 was for a Laos visa
vidmaster wrote:
December 25, 2018, 9:09 pm
Other than T8 Re entry before you left Thailand,and a Laos (visa?) what other documents did you need at the Laos/ Nongkai border please?

He did not have, need, or want a re-entry permit as he still had a valid visa.

At the border you need the Laos visa application form (supplied at the window or here https://www.laos-guide-999.com/support- ... l-form.pdf) 2 passport photos, your passport and either $30 to $42 or ฿1,500+ (The US$ must be clean unmarked, un damaged and current series notes)

Australia 30

Canada 42

China 20

India 40

Sweden 31

USA 35

UK 35

Others 30
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com
Posts: 172
Joined: September 6, 2012, 4:53 am

Re: O-A VISA EXTEND FOR ANOTHER YEAR

Post by NongKhaiLee » December 26, 2018, 12:06 pm

What he is talking about is that if you exit on or before the last day of your visa and then turn right around and come back in, you are automatically stamped into Thailand with an additional year from that date, however if you exit Thailand during that year you must buy a re-entry permit or the visa "extension" is voided.
I did the same thing on my last O/A visa and "stretched" it for another year, then I bought a multiple re-entry permit. It was not as expensive as buying a new O/A visa back home and it cut off a lot of the paperwork such as the medical certification and police background check.

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 1315
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: O-A VISA EXTEND FOR ANOTHER YEAR

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 26, 2018, 1:10 pm

NongKhaiLee wrote:
December 26, 2018, 12:06 pm
What he is talking about is that if you exit on or before the last day of your visa and then turn right around and come back in, you are automatically stamped into Thailand with an additional year from that date, however if you exit Thailand during that year you must buy a re-entry permit or the visa "extension" is voided.
I did the same thing on my last O/A visa and "stretched" it for another year, then I bought a multiple re-entry permit. It was not as expensive as buying a new O/A visa back home and it cut off a lot of the paperwork such as the medical certification and police background check.
Correct, as I detailed earlier in this thread, though if you are not intending to exit more than once the single re-entry permit at 1,000 is much cheaper than the multi at 3,800.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Post Reply

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”