Patriots defeat Chiefs in OT!

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Lone Star
udonmap.com

Patriots defeat Chiefs in OT!

Post by Lone Star » January 21, 2019, 6:23 pm

Patriots 37 - Chiefs 31 in KC. Patriots to the Super Bowl -- AGAIN!

AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Re: Patriots defeat Chiefs in OT!

Post by Raoul Duke » January 21, 2019, 8:31 pm

Bilichick and Brady.....what a dynasty.
Voiceover for hire.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 21, 2019, 8:34 pm

Raoul Duke wrote:
January 21, 2019, 8:31 pm
Bilichick and Brady.....what a dynasty.
Yes. Many deny it who envy their success, but their record speaks for itself. They couldn't have done it without great ownership allowing them to assemble the talent they have and develop it.

tigerryan
udonmap.com

Post by tigerryan » January 22, 2019, 6:23 am

Two years ago I swore I would never watch another NFL game and I mean it but I do gotta say that fourth quarter was awesome!

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 22, 2019, 6:26 am

tigerryan wrote:
January 22, 2019, 6:23 am
Two years ago I swore I would never watch another NFL game and I mean it but I do gotta say that fourth quarter was awesome!
I haven't watched a full NFL game in over a dozen years -- maybe more. Haven't watched as much as even highlights in the last 5 years. But I did cheat and watch the highlight video that I posted from YouTube. Love the Pats. I might even break my streak and actually watch this year's Super Bowl.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » January 22, 2019, 7:35 am

The football season has been great this year.I Love that young Sean Mcvay is taking the LA Rams to Atlanta.Great story.
Voiceover for hire.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 22, 2019, 9:51 am

I'm not a Pat fan but you can't deny that it is a great team. Coaching and the owner knowing the weak areas and filling them is the key to being successful long term.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 22, 2019, 10:03 am

Even as an Australian I have enjoyed the NFL coverage on Ch 666 (TrueVisions) this season although I find live games a bit boring. Games televised a little later on, are much better, with the crap cut out of them.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 22, 2019, 11:01 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:
January 22, 2019, 10:03 am
Even as an Australian I have enjoyed the NFL coverage on Ch 666 (TrueVisions) this season although I find live games a bit boring. Games televised a little later on, are much better, with the crap cut out of them.
I enjoy the Australian Rules Football more than the NFL. I don't always know what's going on, but it's definitely a game for men and of men.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 22, 2019, 11:02 am

glalt wrote:
January 22, 2019, 9:51 am
I'm not a Pat fan but you can't deny that it is a great team. Coaching and the owner knowing the weak areas and filling them is the key to being successful long term.
They always seem to find a guy in a position that not everyone is going after -- and then, BAM. The guy fills their need and is one of the tops in his position and outperforming the higher draft picks.

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » January 22, 2019, 11:16 am

Born and raised in Missouri I've been a Chiefs fan since 1963, when they relocated from Dallas. Held season tickets until my work required relocation to another state. It's been decades since Kansas City fans have been as enthused and hopeful as they are right now. Andy Reid has put together a strong, young team and if they remain focused and healthy could be in the top tier well into the future. Mahomes certainly has the tools to lead the team to a championship. A lot of variables come into play but Chiefs fans are really excited about the possibilities.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 22, 2019, 11:28 am

Shado wrote:
January 22, 2019, 11:16 am
Born and raised in Missouri I've been a Chiefs fan since 1963, when they relocated from Dallas. Held season tickets until my work required relocation to another state. It's been decades since Kansas City fans have been as enthused and hopeful as they are right now. Andy Reid has put together a strong, young team and if they remain focused and healthy could be in the top tier well into the future. Mahomes certainly has the tools to lead the team to a championship. A lot of variables come into play but Chiefs fans are really excited about the possibilities.
Reid is a great coach. Always liked him and thought he did a great job. His bad season was the same year that his son died. The Chiefs saw his value as a coach and person, and he was winning right away in Kansas City.

We weren't too far apart, Shado. I lived across the state in St. Louis for about 4 years.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 22, 2019, 7:25 pm

Two posters from the Show-Me-State!

When I was growing up, NFL fans in Toronto could only watch the Cleveland Browns play every Sunday, and the Detroit Lions every U.S. thanksgiving. I adopted the Chicago Cardinals as my team. They were always exciting to watch even though each season was a bit of a disaster. They traded their best player, Ollie Matson, to the Los Angeles Rams, for 11 players none of who were any good.

In 1959 the Chicago Cardinals ventured north to play the Toronto Argonauts and hammered the hometown team, 55-26.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_C ... ition_game

When the Cardinals moved to St. Louis in 1960, I stopped watching the NFL but have remained a fan of the Canadian Football League.

By the way, once, just once, a CFL team beat a team from the U.S. when the Hamilton Tiger-Cats defeated the Buffalo Bills, 38-21.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » January 22, 2019, 7:53 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
January 22, 2019, 7:25 pm

By the way, once, just once, a CFL team beat a team from the U.S. when the Hamilton Tiger-Cats defeated the Buffalo Bills, 38-21.

That was in 1961 and the Bills were in the American Football League (AFL) at the time. In 1966 the AFL and NFL merged and became the National Football League (NFL) with the American Football Conference (AFC) and the National Football Conference (NFC), as it remains today.

Actually, I really enjoyed watching the old AFL games as the Kansas City Chiefs were in top form at the time. They won the AFC title and lost to the NFC Green Bay Packers in the very first NFL Super Bowl (1967).

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 22, 2019, 8:17 pm

Shado wrote:
January 22, 2019, 7:53 pm
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
January 22, 2019, 7:25 pm

That was in 1961 and the Bills were in the American Football League (AFL) at the time. In 1966 the AFL and NFL merged and became the National Football League (NFL) with the American Football Conference (AFC) and the National Football Conference (NFC), as it remains today.

Actually, I really enjoyed watching the old AFL games as the Kansas City Chiefs were in top form at the time. They won the AFC title and lost to the NFC Green Bay Packers in the very first NFL Super Bowl (1967).
I remember either they or the Dallas Texans had Lenny Dawson at qb. The old AFL had many good quarterbacks: Hadl at San Diego, Frank Tripucka at Denver (a CFL star, who also punted with Saskatchewan). Jack Kemp at Buffalo and Darryl Lamonica with Oakland. Lance "Bambi' Alworth was always fun to watch.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » January 22, 2019, 8:38 pm

Yes, Dawson played one season for the Texans and moved with the team to Kansas City when they became the Chiefs. He played another 13 years for the Chiefs. He also played for Pittsburg and Cleveland, a total of 19 years all together. He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1987.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 22, 2019, 9:27 pm

Superbowl Monday at the Wild Chicken on Soi 13/1. Pattaya.

BYOBreakfast.

Return to “Open Forum”