Pigeon control

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
glalt
udonmap.com

Pigeon control

Post by glalt » November 3, 2018, 9:44 am

The Baan Suan Lana condo complex had a severe pigeon problem.They ---- all over everything. Killing the pigeons was out of the question because too many people objected. Cats would sometimes come and prowl around. The condo has a no pets policy. Finally someone noticed that the cats were eating the pigeons. It was decided that some of these cats be adopted and sterilized. Now each building has one or two resident cats. The pigeon population had been reduced, I'd estimate by about 80 percent. One of the cats comes up to my third floor balcony once n a while. He sits outside and meows and I let him in. He finds a place to take a nap and he lets me know when he wants to leave. I let him out the front door so he doesn't have to climb down from the balcony. Attached is a picture of him on duty.

I should add that the condo association buys food for the resident cats when pigeons are scarce.
Pigeon control.jpg

yartims
udonmap.com

Re: Pigeon control

Post by yartims » November 4, 2018, 12:11 am

when i passed thru china town in bangers they had a large cage with some bait inside and a small hole they climb thru but cant get out of the large cage ..so they stay there for good ..cage was about 12feet by 10 feet and full of pigeons
the only good Tory is a lavatory

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » November 4, 2018, 7:01 am

Pideon Trap at Nong Prajak.
Attachments
Pidgeon Trap.jpg

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » November 4, 2018, 11:09 am

Find a stuffed Owl or Falcon or Hawk, or something that looks like it and stick it on the outside Porch or Roof Guttering of the House or where the pigeons usually roost.

You may have to move it around from time to time (try different locations), just in case the not so dumb pigeons work out that it is not for real :roll:

Maybe a plastic looking one is easier to find
Falcon.jpg
Falcon
Falcon.jpg (7.82 KiB) Viewed 729 times
Stuffed Owl.jpg
Owl
Stuffed Owl.jpg (7.75 KiB) Viewed 729 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_EZQqINyyU
Attachments
Hanging a Hawk.jpg
Hanging a Hawk in Garden
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 4, 2018, 9:32 pm

Next door neighbour has just added a plastic snake next to their 1st floor bedroom window ............ it looks pretty real as we went round to warn them about it when we first saw it ](*,) Pigeons seem pretty convinced by it as well :lol:

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » November 4, 2018, 10:01 pm

reminds me of my time in Angola Statts some people would throw plastic or rubber snakes into a group of monkeys who loved raiding our bins was I admit funny to watch. We eventually replaced the bins with monkey proof bins from the Us took the monkeys a full week to figure how to open!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 6, 2018, 6:03 pm

Pigeons also lurk where there's easy food. We had an issue at a rental and I did bring back some Bird-be-Gone gel from the US. You apply a bead of it to the surfaces the buggers like to roost on with a regular caulking gun. Worked well despite getting a bit dust covered.
bbg.jpg
Bird-Be-Gone
bbg.jpg (52.28 KiB) Viewed 605 times
In the meantime we removed their attraction... the dog food dishes out in the car port. After that, the birds went and annoyed someone else.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » November 6, 2018, 7:01 pm

surprised they don't eat them pigeon pie was a great dish back home

Return to “Open Forum”