Black canyon where are you ??

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
beer monkey
udonmap.com

Black canyon where are you ??

Post by beer monkey » January 26, 2006, 12:10 am

Doe's anyone know if their are any plans for a black canyon coffee house to open in Udon,thats one of the places i love to visit when i am in Thailand,food is great, coffee is great, and price :D :D :D
most places i've stayed seems to have one, whats wrong with Udon Mr Black canyon ? I wonder if there is a franchise available that nobody wants ?

Thanks.

Can You Dig It Dug.?

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » January 26, 2006, 4:04 am

Wow is that dollars? :shock:

If so I think I will stick to the coffee shop I think I will stick to the coffee shop in Robinson

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 26, 2006, 4:38 am

Just looked on Black canyon web site and yes $200000, for franchise, would have to sell a few iced coffees to make a profit, every black canyon i've been in always seems busy, Did'nt apply for a franchise info pack though. Mmm would it see a profit in udon ? :roll:
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Roadman
udonmap.com

Post by Roadman » January 26, 2006, 5:01 am

I could say something but my lips are sealed.... :roll:
"And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll"
LZ (Page/Plant)

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » January 26, 2006, 5:23 am

Put a Black Canyon sign up in Thailand, they can try sueing for the rights from the USA. Save 200,000, a bit of tea money in the right direction...

Seems like a deal to me :lol: :wink: :wink:

John

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 26, 2006, 3:52 pm

Just had e-mail back from Black canyon and it seems that there is not a suitable location or found a franchise'ee for udon. :cry:
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Alagrl
udonmap.com

Black Canyon where are you?

Post by Alagrl » January 26, 2006, 9:51 pm

When I was working with a US company that was franchising internationally, the way to go was to negotiate a Master Franchise for the entire country. You could then open stores under your corporate umbrella, plus sub-franchise to entrepreneurs who wanted a peice of the pie. The only trick is having a sub-franchise agreement that sufficiently holds the franchisee to your standards, so you can take over the store if they get sloppy.

So...which idea is the next big one? You'd have to target something big enough to be marketable, yet smaller than the Starbucks/KFC/etc.

Shara

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » January 27, 2006, 1:26 am

Or I suppose you could just do the other thing that I see so often in Thailand, and just mis spell the name of the company, block canyon may be an appropriate name for this one ;)

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » February 6, 2006, 5:05 pm

BangkokButcher wrote:Or I suppose you could just do the other thing that I see so often in Thailand, and just mis spell the name of the company, block canyon may be an appropriate name for this one ;)
How about "Starbacks"? Seriously, if someone wanted to do a coffee business there is great coffee available in Vietnam and Cambodia,
$2.50-5.00 per kilo, probably cheaper if you purchase in bulk. I have friends who live in both countries and I always have them bring coffee to me. Sometimes up to 10 kgs. The point I'm making is that coffee is expensive here because of the duty, even the locally grown coffee is expensive. If a person scheduled trips to Cambodia or Vietnam once a month and brought it in with their luggage......?
Personally, I don't care about the name of the establishment. I just want a good cup of coffee.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » February 7, 2006, 3:00 am

Lao coffee is very good as well

Tony

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 7, 2006, 4:08 am

prenders88 great avatar did you borrow yorkmans glasses ? :roll:
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Prenders88
udonmap.com