Eggs!

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
valentine

Eggs!

Post by valentine » February 24, 2006, 9:26 pm

Mr Beer Monkey, would you mind if I used your avatar as an example of how I like my eggs fried next time I go out for breakfast. Somehow, no matter how carefully I explain they always come out the same, black and hard.!Naturally on a plate though. :lol:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 25, 2006, 2:06 am

you are more than welcome to use my perfect eggs as an example to anyone interested in frying the perfect egg if it will help.
i know what you mean about not getting a perfect fried egg in Thailand,never had a black one though, had cold ones crispy ones,hard ones,under-cooked ones, over-cooked on bottom under-cooked on top, you just can't win. :roll: The worst egg i ever had was in a hotel in Tak it was described on the menu as soft boiled but i am sure it did'nt see hot water at all. :shock:
Can You Dig It Dug.?

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » February 25, 2006, 3:11 am

And after using these as perfect examples of a delicious fried egg, when they arrive and they are still not perfect, you will be able to, quite rightly, complain.

Take a camera, you will be able to use your own self portrait as an avatar no doubt Val :lol:

:wink:
BEER MONKEY wrote:The worst egg i ever had was in a hotel in Tak it was described on the menu as soft boiled but i am sure it did'nt see hot water at all. :shock:
The worst boiled egg I have every had, had a half formed chick inside. Something you definately do not need at the breakfast table......ick!!!!

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » February 25, 2006, 4:31 am

yorkman wrote:The worst boiled egg I have every had, had a half formed chick inside. Something you definately do not need at the breakfast table......ick!!!!
Quite a delicacy in the north east though, although if I was presented with a plateful, I think I'd rather go without...as for BM's avatar, it's rather a case of egg in yer face :lol:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 25, 2006, 4:46 am

made these 2 earlier, not perfectly formed, but cooked nicely.
(what am i doing :shock: )
Can You Dig It Dug.?

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » February 25, 2006, 4:54 am

BEER MONKEY wrote: (what am i doing :shock: )
Cooking eggs? And taking photographs of cooked eggs. Super, Smashing, Great.

Just get them eaten lad; they look perfect :wink:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 25, 2006, 4:58 am

They Gone. :roll:
Can You Dig It Dug.?

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » February 25, 2006, 5:45 am

BangkokButcher wrote:
yorkman wrote:The worst boiled egg I have every had, had a half formed chick inside. Something you definately do not need at the breakfast table......ick!!!!
Quite a delicacy in the north east though
Not in the north east of England..where it came up in a hotel. We eat curdled blood from pigs (is that how it is done BB?) as black pudding, but I draw the line at half formed hatchings in a shell, and "dancing shrimp" :lol:

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » February 25, 2006, 6:57 am

yorkman wrote:Not in the north east of England..where it came up in a hotel. We eat curdled blood from pigs (is that how it is done BB?) as black pudding,
Blimey, no, definately no in the north east of England, never thought I would hear of that happening over here, but I s'pose mistakes happen :?

As for the black pudding, a couple of pints of pig blood, pork fat, some grated suet, milk, onions and oatmeal, then season to your liking - lovely ;)

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » February 25, 2006, 7:39 am

Sorry guys but I will stick with the eggs.

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » February 25, 2006, 2:42 pm

BEER MONKEY wrote:Image

Now who can say you don't have time to put real thought into your life here :lol:

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » February 25, 2006, 3:29 pm

BEER MONKEY wrote:Image

Well, I just hope he doesn't go blind from doing this. :lol:

valentine

Post by valentine » February 25, 2006, 3:44 pm

Now boiled eggs is another story. A few weeks ago I did an emergency overnighter at the Chaeronsri Grand( I was to P"d to drive home.) In the morning I decided to use my complimentary breakfast voucher. Not being able to face a fry up I asked for 2 boiled eggs, cooked not runny. Impossible, after two attempts I gave up trying, ordered a large glass of vodka and cracked both eggs into it, the look on the staffs faces was a sight to behold, as I whisked it and drunk it up. This is actually a well known pick me up in the UK, can't remember what its called though, but the Thais had never seen it before. Mutterings of farang baba babor. :lol:

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » February 25, 2006, 5:24 pm

Impossible, after two attempts I gave up trying, ordered a large glass of vodka and cracked both eggs into it, the look on the staffs faces was a sight to behold, as I whisked it and drunk it up. This is actually a well known pick me up in the UK, can't remember what its called though, but the Thais had never seen it before. Mutterings of farang baba babor.
Did it really work or just seem like a good idea at the time?

I think the hangover sounds like a better option than raw eggs mixed with vodka. :-&

valentine

Post by valentine » February 25, 2006, 6:12 pm

lee wrote:
Impossible, after two attempts I gave up trying, ordered a large glass of vodka and cracked both eggs into it, the look on the staffs faces was a sight to behold, as I whisked it and drunk it up. This is actually a well known pick me up in the UK, can't remember what its called though, but the Thais had never seen it before. Mutterings of farang baba babor.
Did it really work or just seem like a good idea at the time?

I think the hangover sounds like a better option than raw eggs mixed with vodka. :-&
Don't know if it really worked or whether I just didn't care any more, but I certainly felt better. That was my first experience of getting drunk on Regency. :shock:

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » February 25, 2006, 7:50 pm

I suppose the twist here would be, was you sober enough to drive home that day either Val??

valentine

Post by valentine » February 25, 2006, 8:00 pm

BangkokButcher wrote:I suppose the twist here would be, was you sober enough to drive home that day either Val??
BB, having stayed out all night without prior permission and having drunk a large vodka for breakfast, what makes you think I wanted to go home? :roll: :?:

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » February 25, 2006, 8:05 pm

Ah, point taken ;)

You dirty stop out...

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » February 27, 2006, 10:58 am

All you got to do is go to TJ's and more then likely you will get them the way that you like them.

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”