Insulation

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » March 18, 2006, 3:12 pm

OK, so I know where to purchase the insulation to lay on top of the ceiling panels. Does anyone know of a competent person who can install it for me.

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » March 18, 2006, 4:06 pm

:lol: :lol: Sorry.

You might want to start a new post for this.

I think you just look for local labor, and have someone that understands what is to be done, explain what needs to be done to them, then be there and help when they go wrong.

Or

you can hire some perfessional and he will hire local labor and then be there and help when they go wrong.

End result "you just pay more"!

You might still want to start a new post for this. 8)

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Insulation

Post by FrazeeDK » March 18, 2006, 8:17 pm

When I built my small place on the east side I opted for the 1 meter wide rolls of silvered/sandwiched insulation. It is installed on the roof metal frame and the tiles installed on top of the installation. Both Home Mart, Global House and a number of the larger Family run construction stores also sell large rolls of the normal fiberglass insulation that you could put above the plaster board ceiling.
I agree that the roof should have some type of ventilation ducting to let heat escape.. I've seen wind driven exhaust turbines sold in Udon but only seen them installed on warehouses and business buildings, never homes. Is anybody out there using some type of vent cap or exhaust turbine on their houses???
Is the "super-block" material the brown blocks about 25cm thick I've seen some houses built from??? I've read a few articles in the Bangkok Post about them that are positive. All the articles outlined the cultural resistance to using them by builders accustomed to brick or concrete blocks.
Dave

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”