Rocking Chairs

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
jingjai
udonmap.com

Rocking Chairs

Post by jingjai » March 31, 2006, 5:53 pm

Anyone ever seen any old style rocking chairs for sale in Udon area? Something for outside on the front porch. A lady who has a stall across from the 7-11 at Centerpoint has an old wicker one that she sits in. I asked her where she bought it, but she said it was ten years ago and there was no more to be had anywhere. She offered to sell me her old one for 3000 baht, I passed.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » March 31, 2006, 6:25 pm

i bet that old chair could tell some storys, she did'nt happen to have a pipe in her mouth aswellImage

but have seen the wicker style chairs for sale along the main road sides, mainly the ones you lay down on, the family have had one of those for years too, sure i see them for sale at the udon fair held in december :wink: and 3000B for a piece of history can't be bad. :shock:
Can You Dig It Dug.?

farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » March 31, 2006, 9:15 pm

i`ve seen them for sale on the side of the road going to kk ,no idear how much ,didnt stop.. :wink: lol
www.udonmap.com

treehugger
udonmap.com

Post by treehugger » April 1, 2006, 9:29 am

You are in luck

Travel west along Prajak untilyou reach the 'T' junction in square J10, turn right and about one hundred yards along on the right hand side is a furniture shop. Inside, at the back, were (about three weeks ago) two or three different styles of wooden rocking chair. :D

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » April 1, 2006, 1:51 pm

Thanks for the info. I'll check the shop out on Monday.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”