Udonthani, waiting but not for long

This forum is for personal video clips or favourite clips from youtube etc. (Only videos relating to Udon Thani and Thailand please)
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Udonthani, waiting but not for long

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 13, 2009, 2:04 am

A few months ago Prenders note that Jintara had a second song about Udonthani, which covered topics such as food. So it does. Furthermore, the first words she sings are, 'Udonthani....'. In this one, she waves goodbye to her love and wonders if he will ever return to her, and recalls some happy memories.

Seeing as how I am on my way to Thailand tomorrow, in 19 hours exactly, this seems like a fitting song to share. It might not have the attraction of dear Ning in Pattaya, but it is nice enough all the same. So, without further adieu, here is, 'Udon Girl Waiting for Her Love' - my translation. This signifies that the title could mean anything.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xepKucMg6pE&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xepKucMg6pE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Fawn
udonmap.com

Re: Udonthani, waiting but not for long

Post by Fawn » August 13, 2009, 2:05 am

Nice one, have a good trip Professor. Say hello to my fan club at the Night Market. :D
Doug! Doug! Doug!

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 13, 2009, 2:11 am

Yes, I would like to see the Saint again, and maybe your new pals Marmite and Bangladesh or whatever his name was. Now that the meetings are almost on a daily basis, there is a good chance I can get to one.

Right now I am trying to accomplish a herculean feat and that is to get 30 more exams marked in the next 7 hours

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » August 13, 2009, 2:27 am

Yes, not sure if I've mixed it with anyone from Bangladesh yet. :shock:

Get those exams marked (award extra points for good handwriting and grammar) then get your DEET and sandals packed for the annual trip.

Chawk dee der.
Doug! Doug! Doug!

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 13, 2009, 2:42 am

Not Bangladesh...Goonerash...different countries...different outlooks.

Yes, I do not want to be roaming the streets of Udon without proper attire. That just would not do. There should be a Biblical quote about that...perhaps in regard to Joseph.

From recent posts I gather that proper attire includes sandals, Hawaiian shirts and pot bellies with a very young uneducated lady alongside making pit stops at every ATM we pass. To make certain that my bloated appearance is worthy enough to be on posters promoting friendship between Thais and farangs, I should sample every farang bar on a daily basis from morning to the wee hours.

This all means a new wardrobe, change of habit, and a new very good friend of tender age.

Maybe I will just borrow the stilts that you will be using to speak on an even keel with Ning of Pattaya fame

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » August 13, 2009, 3:12 am

Have a safe trip Uncle Tilo. :wave: :wave: :wave:
We look forward to your accounts in the D&N Entertainment Complex, the Night Market, and Nutty Park.
No Hawaiian shirts please, or Baan Na Kha specials, a English Premier football shirt (Team of your choice) will suffice.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 13, 2009, 3:22 am

Will Man U be good enough to start a brawl, or is a Crystal Palace shirt a safer bet if I want to stay out of harm's way?

I have yet to visit any of the establishments in the areas that you mentioned with the exception of the night market where I have ventured three times to eat, and once to meet up with the Saint, LA, Jet Doc and someone else. I arrived late in the evening, and I think everyone was too far gone to even note my presence. So I spoke with the wives.

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » August 13, 2009, 3:34 am

Tilokarat wrote:Not Bangladesh...Goonerash...different countries...different outlooks.
Oh gosh, him! I'd forgotten all about him!

Yes, Plenders speak velly good, Hawaiian shirts are not the current uniform of the day, only in the eyes of Thai Governmental Agencies.

I suggest you wear an egg-stained singlet with Beer Lao emblazoned across your chest, plus regulation Adidas shorts and a pair of well worn sandals enveloping a sturdy pair of Marks and Spencers' socks. A young girl (whom you may wish to mally at a later stage) can stalk you within that large shadow that you cast in the Midday Sun (correct use of caps?), as she advises on the current rate of the Baht against the Canadian Dollar. The use of pet names is optional but I suggest 'Daddy Sugar' will define the relationship.

You only live once
Doug! Doug! Doug!

The Farmer
udonmap.com

Post by The Farmer » August 13, 2009, 3:51 am

Hey Fawn,
anybody listen to you?

How you celebrate the Queen's birthday?
Heard it was very quiet at all the Bar's????

What about your Fan-Club?

Any fee for entrance?

Nobi,
still here

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » August 13, 2009, 3:56 am

The Farmer wrote:Hey Fawn,
anybody listen to you?
I'm afraid not old chap, I'm just a small boy with an over active imagination sat at a table full of grown ups.

Expect a Canadian Professor to visit your establishment in the near future. Be ready with your best plate of Bubble and Squeak.
Doug! Doug! Doug!

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 13, 2009, 3:56 am

Well, I guess Daddy Sugar is better than Rover or lap dog; however, loyalty of my wallet to her young years will be a prerequisite.

Yes, the clothing you suggests sounds alright to me. It always goes over well at the high school and university too. Dare I be so rude and ask the fair young maiden what her husband/boy friend wants for a present...does he need a new car, a motorcycle, a tricycle, a western style house, stilts, a mia noi. All of this can improve my image and that of all farangs visiting the great tourist centre of Udonthani.

I must be sure to cover my flabby carcass with tattoos.

This should be enough to make a good impression, and to join Khun Paul, the Farmer, True Brit et al at the next meeting with local government officials. I cannot imagine anyone getting out alive with those three together

The Farmer
udonmap.com

Post by The Farmer » August 13, 2009, 4:15 am

Hey fawn,
I had some more questions at you?

Are you like many people here,and remember only 1 point?

I know,you need the time. :D

Nobi,
still here

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » August 13, 2009, 4:19 am

Tilokarat wrote:and to join Khun Paul, the Farmer, True Brit et al at the next meeting with local government officials. I cannot imagine anyone getting out alive with those three together.
A formidable trio indeed, Professor. I feel solly for the hapless Thai civil servants about to walk into that ambush.

But you're in Udon to enjoy yourself, maybe take a Samlor Krung up to Phu Prabat to make a Morlam video with your favourite jug-eared gal, Jintara (just make sure that ever present husband goes down with piggie 'flu). Or how about a little slap and tickle with the Lobinson shop girls? Buy a new suit and ask them to measure your inside leg (which way do you dress, Sir?).
Doug! Doug! Doug!

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » August 13, 2009, 4:21 am

Seeing as how I am on my way to Thailand tomorrow, in 19 hours exactly
I bet 'your very good friends' are waiting with bated breath..... :mrgreen:
Have a good trip proff and i await some storys of your escapades of the female nature.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » August 13, 2009, 4:31 am

Khun BM, I think I am slotted to be selling dog grooming equipment although there is a vacation planned for the saam paan bot (three thousand something), near Ubon where those videos of Tai Oratai were filmed.

Yes, my very good friend can hardly wait to get her hands on my ATM card. It is a yearly ritual. Once that is in hand, I am forgotten in the stampede to the stores to bring her up-to-date in the latest in purses, handbags, and the like.

This year she did not want to waste any time. Thus, instead of meeting me tomorrow when it will be too late to get to the stores, she is sending an older, less....less...what is the word I'm looking for...well, anyway, an elder sister. The friend is coming the next morning after my arrival just in time for the doors at Paragon, Central et al to open. I think I will sleep in.

Now Fawn, I am not yet ready to go the Harvey route and chase after Robinson staff, but we will be going on a river trip that lasts a couple of days near Loei.

Well, it's now 15 and a half hours and counting, and I still have 19 exams to grade.

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » August 13, 2009, 12:19 pm

Prof, you're in luck. We in Udon are privileged to have an award winning tattoo artist, Khun Phon, who operates his tattoo art parlor establishment and somtam shop in Nutty Park. I can heartily recommend this gentleman's masterful needlework.

Please tell K. Phon that polehawk sent you so that I can get a 10% discount on my next artistic masterpiece.

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » August 13, 2009, 1:21 pm

The Farmer wrote:Hey fawn,
I had some more questions at you?

Are you like many people here,and remember only 1 point?

I know,you need the time. :D

Nobi,
still here
Yes, I'm afraid so. To be honest I have problems walking and talking at the same time let alone answering multiple questions.

How did I celebrate the Queen's birthday? I didn't (solly).

Do you have to pay to join my fan club? You don't Nobi, you have honourary membership.

Are we still on topic? I doubt it.
Doug! Doug! Doug!

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » August 13, 2009, 1:44 pm

Yeah, the topic was tattoos. Pay attention. Or was it Nobi's cold cuts? :-k

Return to “Udon Thani & Thailand Video Clips”