Somewhere to stay in Phuket

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
EssexGaz
udonmap.com

Somewhere to stay in Phuket

Post by EssexGaz » January 25, 2010, 12:26 am

Now that Airasia are flying to phuket I want to take the wife and kids on holiday there when the kids finish school in march

Having never been there before, has anyone got any suggestions where a nice area would be to stay?

any names of apartments or hotels that would accept 4 in a rooms would be great

I would like to be somewhere near the beach, quietish and might pop over to phi phi island for a couple of days

udonmap.com

Re: Somewhere to stay in Phuket

Post by 23696335 » January 25, 2010, 11:12 am

Hi,
I have stayed in the Choafa West Suites in Chalong and found them reasonably priced and Quiet. Dont know if you are thinking of having a car but if so all the beaches are know more than 15 mins away. Without a vehicle could be difficult. There is a swimming pool on the roof with wonderful views of surrounding hills. A bonus for you would be the connecting door between rooms so you and the wife can have a bit of privacy and the kids would have there own room and be near to you. If you have internet the connection is free and the cable tv as premiership footy and 3 film channels. If you look on there web site it gives u all the info,just type in Chofa west suites. Hope this as been useful.
Regards Peter

jorg
udonmap.com

Post by jorg » January 25, 2010, 3:59 pm

Don't know in what price range you are thinking, but I stayed in the Sugar Palm Resort on Kata beach. Very nice place and less than 5 minutes walk from the beach, also near the busstation for the bus to Phuket City. My room had a flatscreen TV, DVD player (hotel offers free DVD's) and all the usuals.
Child under 12 years old sharing the parent’s room without extra bed and exclusive of breakfast is free of charge, maximum 2 children per room. Baby cot is free of charge.
http://www.sugarpalmphuket.com/

There is also a Sugar Palm on Karon beach. http://www.sugarpalmkaronbeachresort.com/

I made my reservation on Agoda, made it a lot cheaper. http://www.agoda.com/index.html

matley7007
udonmap.com

Post by matley7007 » January 26, 2010, 5:56 am

EssexGaz wrote: Having never been there before, has anyone got any suggestions where a nice area would be to stay?
It's depends if you like to stay only in hotel area during your holiday or if you like to visit some shopping mall or some beautifull beach .......if you like some quite area you can stay in Karon/Kata and if you like to visits shopping mall of going to the cinema you can go in Patong and visit Junceylon shopping mall

http://www.jungceylon.com/

near here there is a very beautifull resort Millenium resort
http://www.millenniumhotels.com/th/mill ... index.html

I wish you can have a great holiday in Phuket
Bye bye
Luca

martynsnowman
udonmap.com

Post by martynsnowman » January 26, 2010, 9:56 am

i,ve stopped most places in phuket , and found karon beach to be about the best. but myself and t.w did,nt take the children with us . looking on asiarooms.com at phuket will give you good idea .

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » January 26, 2010, 10:08 pm

Word of caution, when taking children be careful of where you stay as some of the hotels are very near or in the bar and/or sex trade areas of Phuket and not appropriate for children especially at night. Most hotels on the beach are in better area, but more expensive.

EssexGaz
udonmap.com

Post by EssexGaz » January 26, 2010, 11:30 pm

Thanks for the advice

Much appreciated

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » January 27, 2010, 12:12 am

sent u a PM

also, do NOT swim a karon beach, i had a hard time, kids would definitely be swept out.

kata much safer, but still have to keep them at arm's length, as been caught in couple undertows, and played life guard a couple times.

enjoy, be safe

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » January 27, 2010, 9:27 pm

EssexGaz, Kamala is more family and couples orientated, and maybe a bit quieter than Karon or Kata. The beach is as safe as they get in high season. You've also got Phuket Fantasea on your doorstep. I was there with my family over the Xmas - New Year period.

There are a number of Bungalow operations close to the beach.

It's a bit further from Patong - about 8-10kms.

Return to “Travel & Transport”