Attorney Recomendations

Thailand laws, tips and advice.
sparky
udonmap.com

Attorney Recomendations

Post by sparky » December 4, 2007, 7:44 am

Hello
Can anyone recomend a good attorney for a prenuptial agreement in Thai and English language and rental lease contract in Thai and English? Thanks so much. Of course I prefer a Udon Attorney which American Embassy does not have a list of.

Bump
udonmap.com

Post by Bump » December 4, 2007, 7:49 am

Rayrai Pokapon

[email protected]

081-260-4338

Jai
udonmap.com

Post by Jai » December 4, 2007, 6:11 pm

The British and Oz Embassy’s post 3 Attorney’s in Udon but I don’t think they are as good as Ray23 recommendation, Rayrai is quite good, and handles a lot of this type of work.

sparky
udonmap.com

Thanks for lawyers name. Very kind

Post by sparky » December 5, 2007, 12:56 am

I will use this lawyer. Philip

isaanlawyers
udonmap.com

Post by isaanlawyers » July 4, 2008, 3:40 pm

This post is quite old but in the future, we will be glad to help you should you need our services. Depending on the country, asset, difficulty, however, our prices are lower than BKK and i used to work for a large Thai law firm having many offices.
For USA, better that your future wife gets an independant legal advice, and signs it, as many decisions from many states overruled or cancelled prenups.

A normal Thai attorney will not know a lot about prenup as they don't usually do it with Thai people. Ask Thai people around you, Thai couples married, Do you have a prenup? Answer is probably NO unless they are quite rich, educated, etc. That's is REALLY rare in Isaan but popular for foreigners, especially from Netherlands as their marital law is quite special.

tutone
udonmap.com

Re: Attorney Recomendations

Post by tutone » January 28, 2010, 1:04 pm

I see this topic hasn't been touched for a while so I would like to ask for member's recommendations for good trustworthy lawyers here in Udon Thani. I need an atty that can insure that any land purchase I (my wife) makes will be completely legitimate and can also do a user frucht contract between me and the wife and explain to her everything about the contract. So need someone fluent in English as well as Thai.

Thanks

Ray.Charles
udonmap.com

Post by Ray.Charles » January 28, 2010, 5:20 pm

They handled the same issues for me. I am happy to recommend them.
If you need more, send me a PM.

d p meijer
udonmap.com

Post by d p meijer » January 28, 2010, 5:51 pm

i used same lawyers recently. can recommend.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » January 29, 2010, 4:21 pm

You can also do it all yourself if you have a wife you can trust and save a lot of lawyers fees. All they are doing for you is filling out forms, anyway. Unless you have reason to treat your wife as suspect and need a complicated and (from what I hear) ultimately unenforceable arrangement, you can hand-hold her through the process and perhaps have someone else independently review that what you want in there is in there before filing.

Just like back "home", there are books available that she can read to understand how to do it all. The government clerks are often happy to assist in explaining anything about which she may not be 100% clear.

My wife has such a book that we bought a couple of years ago. Publish date is 2551 (I think that is 2008?). ISBN 978-974-447-346-2. Damned if I can read the title, though. :oops: (another reason why I need to learn to read more Thai!). It has a dark green cover with dark red text over a picture of a Thai land deed on the front and easy-to-read Thai text and form examples in the Appendix. Available where books are sold.

Cheers!

;)

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » January 29, 2010, 4:34 pm

Here's a link to the book.

http://www.se-ed.com/eShop/%28A%28eiViQ ... 9744473462

You can slap it into Google page translator and read it pretty well. There are also other recommended books on the same site.

Return to “Thailand Law”